harassing calls please help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been getting called from hallifix by an automated system about 7 to 10 times a day.

yesterday i did send a formal letter stating that they only contact me in writing only and im waiting for a reply on that.

when i spoke to complaints department yesterday they told me that when i signed up for the credit card it says that i agreed that they can call me 5 times a day! if i dont make payments on time. i dont ever remember agreeing to this.

can someone shed some light on this please ??

thanks in advance

chris

when they ring, tell them you dont want phonecalls regarding this, only in writing, they will eventually get the point

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

I had a similar thing. I wrote and told them to stop or I would report them to Ombudsman. It took a day or two but they finally stopped. Funny thing was, I didn't owe them anything, I had merely started proceedings to get my charges back - couldn't be anything else BUT harrassment. Cheeky devils.

If we'd have been FarePak customers we'd have got a few bob out of them... our money of course!!

Good luck, and don't take it lying down!!:)

First Data Protection Act Letter sent 1 August 2006

OD facility removed - 4 August

Odd 0870***** phone calls start to arrive - 10 today - 16 Aug

Phone calls ceased - 20 August

Acknowledgement of Data Protection Act request received - 22 August

Reminder sent re: Data Protection Act 3rd September

Statements received - 20th September

Calculated penalty charges to date - £2K

5 months of Missing Statements requested - 25th September

Claim letter sent for £2K - 4th November 06

Reply with a four week timescale received - 15th November 06

If I've managed to help anyone through the site, click on the scales and let me know... I need all the help I can get! xx

Guest Battleaxe

Despite sending letters tow, MBNA did not stop harassing. i called the police in got a complaint number, harassment still continued, so ended up having to have a bar put on the phone.

the plice told me to go through the rigmarole of the stupid automated phone call and get all the details I can.

Why would anyone agree to have five calls a day to remind them of an unpaid account? They are having you on. I would check the terms and conditions and then whip a letter of to the Chairman's office. Include times of calls and anything else you can.

That's the best I can offer. despite the template letters, these firms take NO notice of anything in writing, unless you are prepared to take it all the way to court.

thanks for advice the advice people.

i have just reported them to the OFT who have now passed the info on to trading standards. the OFT said they are in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 which i did include in the letter that i sent them yesterday.

someone from halifax is going to contact me within the next 48 hours.

will keep you posted

Yep, had the same problem of numerous phone calls from this and other companies. They would phone, I would answer, we would discuss the account status, I would make arrangements to pay when I could. But then, they would phone again and again, and each time I would make the same arrangements to pay when I could. Even though they say "I'll put a note on your account", this appears not to happen as the next caller has no knowledge about the previous call and what was agreed. I consider this harrassment.

For a while now the answerphone has been on constantly. Prior to this, I informed everyone that was important (friends, family, acquiantances) to leave a message and of course, naturally assume that if anyone phones me in urgency regarding something... then they will leave a message. The automated systems they use rely on recognising that a human actually answers the phone, if no human (or just a machine) answers, I don't think it can 'leave a message'.

My view is that if they wish to make contact, they can send a letter to which they will receive a letter in response. This way a 'paper-trail' begins and hence a record is made.

This was my solution, but there are various other ways to solve it. Such as refusing to discuss financial details over the phone, refusing to confirm your identity as to do so would be a breach of your privacy, giving false identity details so that they cannot identify they are speaking to the right person, blowing a whistle down the phone, informing them about the legalities of harrassment, and numerous other ways.

Halifax - Credit Card: 14/11/06 sent S.A.R, 29/12/06 sent Prelim, 11/01/07 1st bog-off received, 15/01/07 LBA sent, 01/02/2007 MCOL started for £1801 (inc court costs and 8% int.), 02/02/2007 MCOL cancelled... , 09/06/2007 Court claim started, 01/06/2007 Claim Acknowledged, 07/06/2007 Claim concluded, £1540 to be reimbursed into CC account.

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Storecards (3): 11/06/07 sent S.A.R, 15/06/07 Acknowledgement of S.A.R received

GE Capital Bank Ltd - Wife's Storecards (2): not started yet...

Nationwide - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Current A/C: not started yet...

Lloyds TSB Bank Ltd - Business A/C: not started yet...

and the rest I haven't remembered so far... : not started yet...

thanks for advice the advice people.

i have just reported them to the OFT who have now passed the info on to trading standards. the OFT said they are in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 which i did include in the letter that i sent them yesterday.

someone from halifax is going to contact me within the next 48 hours.

will keep you posted

Hi

I also had this prblem. I wrote to them asking to be contacted by letter only and I got a letter back saying "there is nothing they can do to stop the calls".

A copy of that letter has been sent to Ofcom, Financial services ombusdmen and the office of fair trading.

I received a call form Ofcom who said thay do not normally look at individual cases, but due to the severety of the breach, they are investigating it.

This morning, I also recieved a reply form the OFT who are going to investigate as well and have enclosed a "complai desclosure form" for mew to return. The OFT also staed that it's unlikely one complaint would result in them losing their consumer credit licence, a few complaints will enable them to ensure the Halifax do not breach the licence - so get the complaints sent in :D

Steve

Claim against Halifax for £2236 plus interest.

04/09/06 - Requested statements via phone quoting Data Protection Act. Charged £5.

14/10/06 - Statements arrived.

17/10/06 - Prelim letter sent giving 14 days.

23/10/06 - Received letter dated 19th Oct confirming receipt of prelim letter.

31/10/06 - LBA sent recorded delivery. Signed for 02/11/06

02/11/06 - Phone call with offer of £675 - thanks, but no thanks.

03/11/06 - Letter received conforming offer. Replied with an "accept as partial settlement" letter.

13/11/06 - MCOL - £2236 + 8% interest £417 + 49p per day :D

Guest Battleaxe

I rang OFt about MBNA and explained what has happened to date. i also reminded then that I had already lodged a complaint earlier this month.

They rang back and guess what, MBNA is now being investigated, so it does pay to whinge, or shout or whatever, but keep doing it until someone listens. yes I signed the form on for disclosure, today and on the first time I contacted them. Tomorrow I'm getting in touch with OFCOM.

The Halifax's Automated system should stop calling once an agreement to pay has been made. My mum has complained because one company use asks you to enter your date of birth, house number, post code. and account number/card number! chuff me, fraud prevention? oh dear!

AB123uk

IF MY COMMENTS ARE USEFUL, PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES!

Halifax Staff Current Account WON

Lloyds WON

Yorkshire WON

Halifax Staff Visa WON

If CAG Helped you..... Why not help CAG!

Click Donate at the top of the forum!

Oyster- I fought the Lloyds will have it's mark in history- have you downloaded your Official Charges Track?

The Halifax's Automated system should stop calling once an agreement to pay has been made

That's the problem - most of them were silent calls...

...anyway they still haven't agreed to pay me - yet :D

Claim against Halifax for £2236 plus interest.

04/09/06 - Requested statements via phone quoting Data Protection Act. Charged £5.

14/10/06 - Statements arrived.

17/10/06 - Prelim letter sent giving 14 days.

23/10/06 - Received letter dated 19th Oct confirming receipt of prelim letter.

31/10/06 - LBA sent recorded delivery. Signed for 02/11/06

02/11/06 - Phone call with offer of £675 - thanks, but no thanks.

03/11/06 - Letter received conforming offer. Replied with an "accept as partial settlement" letter.

13/11/06 - MCOL - £2236 + 8% interest £417 + 49p per day :D