Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ab123uk

  1. Anyone had any dealings with the above? anything I should be aware of?!
  2. wggr593, Sorry you havent had a reply until now, and It's probably too late now, but just in case its not, or anyone looks at this thread in the future, you would have to check the acceptance form you are signing.... It should state 'full and final settlement, in respect of vehicle damage' or similar... NOT: 'full and final settlement of my claim'
  3. But just on that note, i think credit hire is a horrible money making scheme, just my oppinion!
  4. JBMB, As far as I'm aware, a full recovery could be made. The credit hire is temporarily replacing the damaged vehicle, regardless of who should be driving it. Hope this helps.
  5. I do feel sorry for the staff who get free shares to top up there 'package' to make it somewhere near reasonable!
  6. Jean B- although I'm not answering your question directly, It may be worth getting a garage to have a look- take it to the dealer, get a note from them- stating that it is new/recent damage (they will be able to tell) and send that off to head office as well. Local Paper's always a good way to get attention too!
  7. hi RP, The bank will refund any fraudulent transactions, as long you and your O/H have not took any unnecessary risks- which you havent! I would speak to your bank first thing, advise them you've just seen the notices, and they will be able to advise you which cash machine you used, the branch can then say that is 01, that is 02. if in doubt, cancel those cards!
  8. Hi Mossycat, Your insurer's are correct, as CDW is not an essential cost, they don't have to, and therefore won't, reimburse that cost. CDW is optional- usually there's an excess of approx £250/£300, OR CDW @ £2 per day (or there abouts). Insurer's save money wherever possible, and had you been the owner of Car A, and paid CDW, Car B's insurer's would not reimburse you.
  9. Hi All, I'm sure I have seen the answer to my question somewhere..... but can't find it! When you send a CCA request, do you send it to the Creditor, or to the DCA? thanks in advance
  10. Hi Pampam, I would ask them for a copy of the terms & conditions, also, read your polciy booklet carefully, I'm sure it will be there somewhere knowing them lot!
  11. Hi Zugz, The insurer has no legal requirement to call you, although this would've been nice through common courtesy! They sent a letter recorded delivery, which you failed to collect- which isn't there fault, so they have sent correspondence to advise you of there actions, so it is unlikely that they will accept any responsibility. with regards to the premium, if they have canceleld the policy 'from inception', this would usually mean a full returned premium as far as i'm aware. Best thing you can do is: Write to the insurer's customer relations dept, explaining your issues. If unsatisfied, register the complaint with fos (financial ombudsman service)- will take a while, but they will decide who is responsible. hope it gets sorted for you,
  12. nothing wrong with my morphy richards... kettle that is! oops, the trip switch just went!
  13. further to the above, we seem to be doing rather well in terms of unanswered posts, the last couple of days have been fairly low. I have overcome my fear of being wrong, and now either answer confidently, or answer and say- i'm sure someone knowledgable in this are will be along shortly! this seems to work! (I hope!)
  14. Hi NewlifeZB, FOS are unfortunately slower than we would all like, but they are good at what they do.... if a default is recorded, and proved inaccurate (eg if Cap1 admit they are at fault/settle a fraud claim, they ar required to remove the default from you credit file.... dont accept an ammendment, make sure they remove it! Unfortunately, once a complaint is registered with FOS, there is little that can be done, other than to sit tight and wait, but at lease it 'should' be sorted by september when the application to extend your Visa permit is required. Hope all goes well, and keep us updated, AB123
  15. Hi DigitalFriend, THIS MESSAGE IS MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS!.... (i may get slammed for this one!) I would contact NatWest on Monday/(today!), and see what there letter refers to... it is unlikely that they will be able to advise you.... so then contact the 'new' company, again, unlikely that they will advise you. In the event of the above, I would await further correspondence, as you say, you cant pay a non-existant company! If they are that desperate to recover an overpayment, it is there responsibility to advise you what the overpayment was/when/etc!
  16. Hi all, further to Master99's comments, I have found that if buying online, simply typing the company's name in on a search engine, brings up loads of reviews, i have emptied my online 'basket' a few times through this!
  17. From a post by Dibsthe frenchie: It could be worthwhile sending this letter of Curlyben's to the new DCA, it worked on one of mine ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE Reference number: Dear Sir or Madam, I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ……… and has been since ………. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998 As ……. is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE. As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS. Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to …….. for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ……….. cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities. If ………. chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action. I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished. I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter. Yours faithfully, YOUR NAME
  18. hi Vulcan, as part of the T's&C's of your account, I would imagine you authorise FD to pay any amount, whether funds are available or not, especiallt if this was an existing DD? This is how they make money through charges. Advise FRA that the account is in dispute with FRA- I will find the link to a template and post it here shortly.
  19. Hi Sharkey, Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to the AP (arrangement to pay) on you credit report, there will be a couple of 1's, 2's etc..., where payment wasnt made or wasnt at the required amount? usually, a report will show, as an example, September Q being query, October 1 payment not made, November 2 Medium risk, payment not made Decmber 3 Med-High, payment not made, January AP Arrangement to pay, this will be displayed until the balance is zero. If this doesnt make sense, or is incorrect, let me know..... or if you require any further help.... let me know! AB
  20. Hi Vagabond, Im sure you will get the support you need, and defo rather you than me! Get the local papers on the go, they may do a feature for you or something similar to build up support. AB
  21. Hi madMARTINmash, welcome to CAG, watchdog are really good, most companies budge after they get involved, however, it may be worth contacting Trading Standards, no matter how big a company they are, they are selling faulty goods! And good luck
  22. G Warner, you've got nothing to lose,I would imagine this new requirement is there attempt to tighten up, its too late! get claiming!
  23. BUMP- sorry I'm unable to answer Jaylee, but I'm sure someone in the know will be along to help soon!
  • Create New...