Robinson Way/Hoist portfolio2 chasing old Barclaycard 'debt'

Boltmaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Not been on here for a while when valuable help was received from you guys.

Now have started receiving letters from RW/HP2 regarding old B/C account which was defaulted in 2013.

Back then requested agreement from BC but only ever received T&C's and eventually a letter indicating, but not actually stating they did not have agreement.

Account from late 1980's.

Been thru three or four other DC company's who eventually gave up and sold the debt on or returned it to BC.

All starting over again with this outfit.

Have not replied to any so far.

Any advice about this outfit will be appreciated.

Many thanks

If you look in the financial legal folder there are a number of current court claims involving BC and Hoist.

Due to the age of the CCA, they need the original CCA if you defended any claim. It is whether you ask for it now and give them the time to get hold of it. If they can't then the debt is unenforceable and they may not pursue further, other than say it is due and your credit record will be noted. Or you wait to see if they issue a court claim and you defend it, knowing that they may not have time to get hold of the CCA or may not be able to get hold of it at all.

It is up to you really. Not dealing with it now by making the CCA now, might lead to RW continuing their standard process and eventually a claim is issued. Then you have the hassle of defending.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Send them a CCA/ Tell them if they keep harassing you will report them.

Theyll NEVER get the original CCA.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

is this a different card to your morgan Stanley one?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have in the past ask BC for CCA agreement and only ever received T&Cs accompanied by a letter stating that is all they are required to supply and indicating, but not actually stating, they do not have an agreement. Several other DCA's in the past have given up, passed the problem on or back to BC

They won't be able to get the original cca. If they try court they'd be stumped

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Post 4

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they send you a reconstruction ( and they would use that in court with a witness claiming it was the correct agreement at the time ) then you will need to find some evidence in the T&Cs which shows it can't be your card ( eg look out for special interest rates for Premier Football tickets ). By the way I found out from a Barclays SAR that they told MKDP that a debt is s78 unenforceable at the point of sale.

They need the original for an account that old. reconstruction wont suffice

• 2 weeks later...

HI DX100UK

Apologies for delay in reply but health issues took priority.

This dispute has been ongoing since 2009 when BC failed to supply a copy of my request for a true copy of the CCA only providing T&C's.

Account been thru several DCA's who all backed down when challenged.

Not sure if it is the M&S one or another.