insurance rip off, where do i stand?

stu3y
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

back in march some 1 clipped the wing mirror on my van on a country road, they barely touched, there was no marks or anything, the woman tried to blame me (even though i was stationary) i rang my insurance company, told them what happened just in case the woman rang trying to pass the blame, nothing ever came from it and no claims were ever made. renewed my insurance last month, had a call at the weekend from my insurance company saying there is going to be an increase of £900 because i havent declared a claim, i said i havent ever claimed, they said theres a claim on the motor insurance database, so i contacted old insurance, asked them to remove the claim marker and send me a letter to state there was no claim.

couple hours later i get an email with a letter attached, the letter worded..

"contact with regards to your request to remove a claim. We cannot remove this as it is a notification of an accident that happened. It is a non-fault claim and for notification purpose only, if you would like to discuss this futher please contact us"

where do i stand with this, the only reason i rang and told them is the fact the woman who clipped my vehcile was trying to blame me, i informed them just to cover my own back, never claimed anything, nor did the woman, no excess has been paid or anything like that!!! it seems like an absolute joke, surely this cant be for real????

Is the claim still open ? I think you need to find out, as Insurers can keep them open for several years, before closing them off as no claim. If the claim is still open on the CUE database, this might be why your Insurers want to charge you an extra £900. It is not just an incident, but there being a possibility of a third party claim. It is noted as non fault, as you say you are not responsible and no payment has been made yet. But of course Insurers can change their minds and pay out.

If the claim has to stay open, you might find your new Insurance uncompetitive and it works out better to find other Insurance, cancelling the new policy. Perhaps your old Insurers will quote a better premium.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

i read somewhere on the internet even if you ring to make a claim or even have the claim cancelled it will still effect your insurance

you best going on gocompare to make a quote but you will after declare that you or if the claim was against you

if you had accident and you wasn't at fault your insurance would still go up