Hire car fees after accident - easi-drive.

orley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Following a no fault accident my insurance arranged a hire car while mine was repaired. Easi-drive delivered it, I signed for the usual Ts&Cs, and used it until i got the car back no problems.

Just had a credit litigator firm contact me because Easi-drive can't recover the costs from the guilty party insurance so need my help if there is court action. They go on to say that easi drive have passed the files to them to represent me! 

How is this my problem and not theirs?

I thought that the hire of the loan car was my insurers responsibility as it's part of my policy.

I have not spoken to any of the parties yet i just wanted some advice on where i stand.

Thanks for any help.

you'd think so but of course they'll say you could have gone cheaper and of course not blindly signed a hire agreement

type in Auxillis

in our search top right and have a good read.

lots of like threads here.

Auxillis Car Hire Costs Court Claim- ** RESOLVED - two insurers' solicitors settled out of court. no liability for me.** - Motor Insurance - Consumer Action Group

pers i'd not be letting anyone raise a court claim in your name no.!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Firstly, I did not choose the car hire company my insurance did so its up to them to source the cheapest deal.

Secondly I did not Blindly sign a hire agreement, I signed that the hire car had no damage etc normal Ts&Cs. I simply asked why don't they deal with my insurance company and not me? 

Why should i get involved with the choice of car hire company, that's what insurance companies are for, the tone of your reply is offensive  accusing me of blindly signing anything put in front of me and you are a moderator?

• Sad 1

dx has helped many people. I didn't read their tone as offensive.

No doubt you'll consider my reply offensive too (and any reply that doesn't agree with you 100% and tell you only what you want to hear). So, did you come here for help or wanting another argument (as well as the one with your insurers)?

I'm just a.n.other user (not 'site team'), but my goodwill to help you evaporated when you groundlessly accused dx of being offensive.
So, my reply isn't for your benefit, more for others who might be considering "how can I maximise my chances of getting help / support" and who then might decide not to go down the route you have!.

Good luck!

Hi Bazza,

I didn,t ask to be agreed with  I asked for help. I only find your reply as offensive is because you mention another argument. What other argument? If you read the question I say that I have not spoken to other parties yet this was the first port of call. So what is not offensive about being advised that possibly I am are at fault by BLINDLY signing anything put in front of me? I find that offensive. Many years ago i was a volunteer at the C.A.B and never treated anyone as though they were stupid and I also helped many people.

• Sad 1

Other argument?

Yes Your argument with the insurers….Just because you haven’t started that conversation with them yet doesn’t mean it isn’t clear it is going to happen.

I stress again : do you think you are doing yourself any favours here if you really want advice (and not just either argument OR blind agreement with you).

Oh bazza, I posted the question in the hope someone could help me and all I've got is you. It's a shame you have any platform to post on, read the original post, the question was who do I contact for the best clarity on this, obviously it's not this forum with people called " bazza" .

Edited by orley

Someone could help you, no doubt.

Would dx, now? Would I?.

What about the next person? Might they not think “Orley just seems like too much hard work”………

Way to go to narrow down the pool of people both able AND willing to give up their time to help you.

CAG is a self-help site. I’m not sure you are helping yourself here, so far …….

Orley, unfortunately, you have no choice in this instance, but of course can raise a complaint with the Insurers and Easi-drive.

When you need a hire car, the Insurers will refer you to a credit hire company/claims management company, who will provide a very expensive hire option,  subject to you signing the credit hire document. In the credit hire document, it will make you responsible for helping Easi-drive to recover the costs from the third party.  And it will state that if you don't help them, this may then lead to them seeking to recover the full cost from you.

Even if you did not help Easi-drive,  if they could not recover the full cost from the third party and the deal was for the third party Insurers to pay say 50% of the total hire cost, you could end up being chased by Easi-drive for the 50% they were not able to recover.

Have a good read of the credit hire document you signed and you will see that Easi-drive have got you sign an agreement, that they did not fully explain.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, orley said:

I am are at fault by BLINDLY signing anything put in front of me? I find that offensive.

2 hours ago, orley said:

Firstly, I did not choose the car hire company my insurance did so its up to them to source the cheapest deal. Secondly I did not Blindly sign a hire agreement, I signed that the hire car had no damage etc normal Ts&Cs.

but you did on both counts..

you blindly signed it without reading what it was you were signing, it clearly has to say at the top HP Agreement under the consumer credit act.

you were lied to when you were told its simply to accept the condition of the car being loaned to you. 

you hired a car - it was not a courtesy car, which if you get the right insurance you get free!!

as in that thread i pointed you too -  have you contacted the parties and sorted this out or spent 11hrs arguing with a screen.....

what progress have you made...and no i would not pay it!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it were a different OP, I might start asking them if they had been in a position to hire a car themselves, or if they had no alternative but to use credit hire*, and also if they have a copy of the terms they agreed.

UB suggests there are likely standard terms in the T’s & C’s that create liability to the credit hire firm. The OP states: “I signed for the usual Ts&Cs”, and “normal” terms,  so it seems likely sight of those T’s and C’s would be useful.

* (nb, before anyone jumps down my throat, not to chide them, for using credit hire - but for if the situation of being persued for costs arises, that the need [or not] for credit hire, at the time of the incident, then becomes a significant factor).

(Easi-drive’s website also seems to be undergoing an upgrade and not showing their default Terms at present).

Edited by BazzaS

it quite often these 'hire companies' send a guy with the car, he has a clipboard and says sign here, regarding how the car looks with a bit of waffle before and after . underneath via carbon copy is the credit agreement. i believe they MUST inform you you are signing a hire agreement regulated by the CCA. 

theres lots of threads but i'll find them latter.

typical one was here somewhere...where the car insurance co had an excess of £3000 and they refused claims AND made victims sign a car hire agreement too whilst their car had been supposedly written off for just a scratch and valued <£3000 so op got zilch back either...was a while ago.

one guy got done over for almost £6k. dont remember the outcome.

another was told his car had been scrapped and to keep using the hire car, then he saw his car around the town 6mts later.....

dx

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Hire car fees after accident - easi-drive.

Thank you unclebulgaria for your help. I read the document and it was for the condition of the car. I came here for a bit of quick advice and have been met with rudeness by a moderator and attacked by "bazza" when I say I feel offended by the tone of the reply. What an awful bunch of people.

I will not waste my time here again arguing with a bunch of screens as the "moderator" puts it.

• Sad 1

There are 2 possible scenarios here:

1) OP didn’t read the T’s and C’s they were signing, agreed the usual credit hire terms, and is now caught by buyers’ remorse, things not having worked out how they wanted. They then abreact when it is suggested to them this is the scenario, as it isn’t the “magic wand to wave” to fix their woes that they were looking for.

2) OP, using the powers instilled in them as a former CAB volunteer*, and with their profound confidence of not being open to be questioned : read the T’s and C’s, and there weren’t the usual credit hire terms, and as a result: they aren’t on the hook for a large fee.

I’ll guess we’ll never know for sure, but given if it were scenario 2 the OP would be loudly protesting dx and I were wrong, and providing the T’s and C’s (CAB trained expert, they’ll have kept all the paperwork, of course), and given their “flounce off”, my money is still on scenario 1.

Don’t let the door hit you on the behind as you flounce off.

I can see a few of the ‘motoring’ regulars / experts (who have previously replied to threads where the OPs of those thread’s have also posted about them elsewhere) have looked in. It’ll be interesting to hear how the OP is getting in on other sites if they’ve not got the validation they wanted here.

*(since we all know that whilst CAB share the good intent of CAG volunteers, not all CAB volunteer advice is scrutinised in the same way advice posted on CAG is open to scrutiny by others, allowing wrong advice to be corrected on CAG : we’ve seen poor CAB advice …….)

Edited by BazzaS

One more thing, I just read some reviews on C.A.G and it was not good, to quote one reviewer "Avoid this site, it's full of ego's competing to be the biggest A*****E". How I laughed.

As Nellie Pledge once said "I'm going now and I won't dorken your darkstep again".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can imagine this set to the dying Swan from Swan lake

”Poor me, I’m going ….”

”No, really, one last post, for attention, and then I’ll be gone from this cruel, cruel world”

Can we expect more “this is my last post, really” posts?

If you have only now decided to look at reviews of CAG and decided you shouldn’t have posted here in the first place : is that like you not reading the T’s and C’s of the credit hire, and deciding you don’t like them after the event, too?

• Like 1

Yes. best stay away from this site. You might have gotten some help if you had stayed.

Best stick to yahoo reviews for truly excellent advice.

"You could have not blindly signed a hire agreement" Most offensive comment of 2023. Call the internet police.

Edited by Kyosanto
  • Like 2

Orely, if you have been mislead into agreeing credit hire, then you should ask Easi-drive for a copy of the terms and conditions you agreed to, regarding liability for the hire costs.

At some point, there will have been an agreement, but if the person contacting you regarding this, did not tell you clearly, then if you can get evidence of this, perhaps by submitting a data protection subject access request, then you might be able to get out the agreement.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Guys,

I came to this site because hubby and myself had the same problem, i have read various threads and picked up some good advice and hopefully all will be well. 

May I say that this guy has not had the best experience here, considering people come here to get advice on how to resolve disputes without being judged, it didn't end well did it.

I do think the moderators original comment is a bit aloof and could be seen as snippy and rude.

Ok i think the guy overreacted but was shocked at the aggressive and accusing reaction of one of the posters which then spiralled out of control. The moderator should have jumped in earlier to stop it.

I think that people who come to this site for help are probably already upset at what situation they are in and it might be good to remember that.

Apart from that keep up the great advice.

joined today

came straight to this thread...urm....

dx

• Haha 1

and they

Careful dx, or the internet police will be serving you with an asbo for offending delicate sensibilities.

As for “recently joined” and “straight to this thread”, all I can say is I’ve noticed both the Op and “ferrygirl” refer to “the moderator”, rather than the moderators, or mods, or ‘site team’. Pure coincidence, no doubt.

Edited by BazzaS