Parking five and 14 day issue limit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wondering if someone can please provide some comments.

I received a parking eye type fine through the post dated 5th January .

The incident occurred 12th December.

I written to the company a few days after receiving their letter to explain that they are outside of the 14 day statutory time limit to issue the fine.

They ignored my letter and sent another standard letter requiring me to pay up.

Over the course of a few months I have received numerous requests from them for payment and I have written to them 5 times without reply.

I received a solicitors letter telling me the fine is 236 pounds and that I did not contest the fine within 28 days (which I did)

I replied to the solicitors letters this time using recorded delivery.

They replied acknowledging my letter and mentioned that sometimes it takes longer than 14 days for them to receive the information from the DVLA.

however in my recoded delivery letter that I had sent to them,

I made no reference to the 14 days, so they are effectively acknowledging that they have received my previous correspondance to which they have not replied.

Is the 14 day statutory limit absolutely strict?

or do they have mitigation if the DVLA are slow to provide driver details.

not sure if this is clear

-Thanks in advance.

can you please clarify where they use the word fine please

and fill this out too?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if using ANPR or similar then the 14 day limit is the law otherwise no keeper liability can be created. If you said you were driving at the time then they can chase you as the driver as it is then down to contract law.

Assuming you didnt then they will usually just ignore your comments and continue to send out begging letters but they know that they can do nothing else because if they wanted to try their luck at court they would lose.

However, occasionally the greedy gits do that in the hope that people then panic and pay up rather than just stating that the parking company has no cause for action against the keeper. One day someone will get so fed up of this harassment and abuse of process they will start a class action against the parking co and they will then probably be bankrupted but as long as people pay up and grumble afterwards the ex-clampers will always try it on as it does yield them good results.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.