Any Help Accident Not My Fault

banksarggg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another point is that many Car Insurances will include a clause that offers to pay the new purchase price if written off within the first 12 months of new car registration.

2 years for some of the "posher" policies!

Kayzer soze,

I managed to get the insurance company (third parties) to put the cheque in my name and not my finance ,

I told them that I would end up with no car as I didn't have the funds to fix it ,

The woman I spoke to was lovely and she agreed and said that she had to advise me that I had to deal with the finance company myself ,

I accepted the offer of £2250 and to keep the car ,

I found out the assessor lied about what needed doing it's a LOT MORE ,

So I've decided to buy a car ,

I don't know what to do with my car from the finance company

but I'm not paying them they went bust and avelo took over ,

even the insurance woman stated that she was shocked at how little information they knew about my account ,

Ive been ripped off badly and Ive paid over the cars value ,

I just want them to take the car back

Also kayzer

Because I have to have new insurance I had to declare the accident and apparantly it's up to 25% more ,

I also am mad because the accident was not my fault ,

yet in more ways than one we end up suffering long term for someone else not driving properly

Thanks for that banksarggg,

You're right of course, the insurance and finance companies have become a giant self serving monster that only exists to make as big a profit as they can. I know I will ultimately end up worse off from this, I'm just going to try to minimise the damage.

Good luck. ☺

Always by GAP. Most folks see it as an unnecessary rip off, but not when you need it.

H

+1

I've never had GAP myself personally. I will in future.

As one of my sons had a brand new car, it was a total write off after an accident where thankfully noone was seriously hurt.

Insurance payout did not cover all the finance £ due, thankfully again, he had taken out GAP which covered the rest.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Betterment.

Taking "the hit" for depreciation shouldn't be down to the insurance company. The insurance company can't be expected to pay out the same to 2 people who bought identical cars, but one was used sparingly for 3 years, while the other was used commercially and was worth way less at the end of the 3 years.

Why should an insurance company have to pay out more than the sum the owner could have realised by selling the vehicle?.

Dr Fox

i hear you and i feel it too , i went to buy a jeep and they wouldnt even insure me !! never ever had that before ive been driving 20+ years !

ive now got a 2007 citroen C4 Leob 1.6 16v and im paying £68 a month and i had to pay £180 deposit

and i was lucky to get that because on the comparison site the top cheapest quotes were for "Telematics" !!

there is no way im driving with a box on my car like ive just passed my test and am ages 17 ! ,

all this cos of my accident that wasnt my fault ,

ive asked why are people getting penalised for someone else,s error and they reckon

we are more likely to have another accident ????

NO NOT UNLESS some other person not looking jumps out from a roundabout !!

a car to me is getting from A to B but the way it all costs i should get taxi,s lol

Dr Fox

i hear you and i feel it too , i went to buy a jeep and they wouldnt even insure me !! never ever had that before ive been driving 20+ years !

ive now got a 2007 citroen C4 Leob 1.6 16v and im paying £68 a month and i had to pay £180 deposit

and i was lucky to get that because on the comparison site the top cheapest quotes were for "Telematics" !!

there is no way im driving with a box on my car like ive just passed my test and am ages 17 ! ,

all this cos of my accident that wasnt my fault ,

ive asked why are people getting penalised for someone else,s error and they reckon

we are more likely to have another accident ????

NO NOT UNLESS some other person not looking jumps out from a roundabout !!

a car to me is getting from A to B but the way it all costs i should get taxi,s lol

That's what's wrong with the insurance industry and you've got no comeback. I'm not looking forward to when I go to get insurance, even though I was hit when stationary at some lights by a van driver from 100 miles away when his boot got caught in his accelerator! I bet they say it makes me more likely to have another accident, even though I've been accident free since I passed my test in 1992. Imo you shouldn't have to declare non-fault accidents.