Advice on monthly dd for car tax.

callum1999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope for some advise.

I paid my road tax via the DD scheme at my local post office back in September

and set up the monthly payments via my bank.

I have not authorised my bank to stop payments

but the DVLA have stopped requesting payments

and are now claiming that my car is not taxed.

I have had no letters stating wht payments have not been requested and paid as agreed

but it would appear that i am being held accountable for the DVLA breaching the DD scheme which seems a bit unfair.

Any advice would be appreciated.

you'd need to prove dvla incompetence..can you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My bank would confirm whether i instructed them to stop the DD, if they do not, and they have no reason to suggest otherwise, this would not only show the DVLA incompetendent, more importantly it would show that i had no reason to breach the DD agreement.

contact DVLA

you need to resolve this.

I assume that it worked ok XX month's

then failed.?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Paying vehicle tax by Direct Debit

From 1 October 2014 (5 October if setting up at a Post Office®), Direct Debit will be offered as an additional way to pay for vehicle tax. This will be available for customers who need to tax their vehicle from 1 November 2014:

annually

6 monthly

monthly (12 months tax paid for on a monthly basis)

Tax will be automatically renewed and the Direct Debit payments will continue to be taken providing an MOT is in place at the point of tax renewal. Payments will continue automatically until you tell DVLA to stop taking them or you cancel the Direct Debit with your bank. Valid insurance should also be in place for vehicles registered in Northern Ireland.

The Direct Debit will be cancelled and payments automatically stopped when you tell DVLA that you no longer have the vehicle, or the vehicle has been taken off the road and a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) has been made. The Direct Debit will also be cancelled if a vehicle is scrapped by an ATF, exported or if the tax class of the vehicle is changed to an exempt duty tax class.

When the Direct Debit scheme can’t be used

Paying by Direct Debit will not be available to:

first registration vehicles

fleet vehicles licensed in bulk schemes - Direct Debit can be set up on fleet vehicles individually

HGVs that pay the Road User Levy (all other HGVs can pay by Direct Debit)

customers with accounts that require dual signatories - when setting up a Direct Debit, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’re the only person required to authorise Direct Debits from that account (a Direct Debit can be set up on a joint account where only one signature is required to transact)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes regular DD payments were taking out dx, i had no reason to cancel, the car is fully insured and has 8 months MOT on it, driving with no road tax would i assume invalidate the insurance and MOT, i wouldnt do this.

• 5 months later...
Paying vehicle tax by Direct Debit

From 1 October 2014 (5 October if setting up at a Post Office®), Direct Debit will be offered as an additional way to pay for vehicle tax. This will be available for customers who need to tax their vehicle from 1 November 2014:

annually

6 monthly

monthly (12 months tax paid for on a monthly basis)

Tax will be automatically renewed and the Direct Debit payments will continue to be taken providing an MOT is in place at the point of tax renewal. Payments will continue automatically until you tell DVLA to stop taking them or you cancel the Direct Debit with your bank. Valid insurance should also be in place for vehicles registered in Northern Ireland.

The Direct Debit will be cancelled and payments automatically stopped when you tell DVLA that you no longer have the vehicle, or the vehicle has been taken off the road and a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN) has been made. The Direct Debit will also be cancelled if a vehicle is scrapped by an ATF, exported or if the tax class of the vehicle is changed to an exempt duty tax class.

When the Direct Debit scheme can’t be used

Paying by Direct Debit will not be available to:

first registration vehicles

fleet vehicles licensed in bulk schemes - Direct Debit can be set up on fleet vehicles individually

HGVs that pay the Road User Levy (all other HGVs can pay by Direct Debit)

customers with accounts that require dual signatories - when setting up a Direct Debit, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’re the only person required to authorise Direct Debits from that account (a Direct Debit can be set up on a joint account where only one signature is required to transact)

Andy

DVLA are claiming that they stopped the DD payments because the bank returned the DD with insufficient funds one month.

I have never cancelled DD and the bank has told me that the DD payments is still active.

Car clamped this morning no tax.

Bank saying DD is still active and is showing that on on-line banking.

I set up DD for 6th of each month but bank are saying DVLA claimed on 2nd and 6th of month.

DVLA are saying that they have cancelled DD because two attempts to claim DD were sent back by the bank, insufficient funds.

Tried explaining this to DVLA but they are having none of it.

Can they just cancel a DD or can that just cancel a DD?

" DVLA are claiming that they stopped the DDicon payments because the bank returned the DD with insufficient funds one month. "

Then thats why they stopped collection...you only get one chance...it states quite clearly when applying for tax by DD...one strike and your out.

Andy

Threads merged ...please do not start new threads on the same dispute.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

" DVLA are claiming that they stopped the DDicon payments because the bank returned the DD with insufficient funds one month. "

Then thats why they stopped collection...you only get one chance...it states quite clearly when applying for tax by DD...one strike and your out.

Andy

Threads merged ...please do not start new threads on the same dispute.

OK where would it states this Andy?

About one strike and that is it.

Terms and conditions of the application on line .

" If there isn’t enough money in your bank account

DVLA will try to collect the Direct Debit again within 4 working days of the payment date if there wasn’t enough money in your bank account.

They will cancel the Direct Debit if there still isn’t enough money - they’ll tell you they’ve done this. You won’t be able to pay the Direct Debit from a different account.

You’ll have to renew your vehicle tax using your V5C registration certificate (log book)."

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/setting-up

If a car is registered to an affiliated club and the affiliated club fail to tax the car and it is clamped for that reason.

Would any new owner who has now taxed the car and taking ownership be liable for any debt of the previous owner which would include paying for the clamp to be removed.

The clamping firm are saying that i need to pay the release fee but i am saying that as the new owner i am not liable for any penelties imposed by the previous owner, the Club.

Any help would be appreciated.

Callum, you need to start accepting responsibility for your actions - or lack of - in life, rather than immediately blaming others. Your first post in this thread accuses the DVLA of 'breaching' the DIrect Debit code, the second accuses them of incompetency, resulting in your car being untaxed.

The real reason? YOU had insufficient funds in your account, resulting in the debit being unpaid. It's hard to see how you could not have noticed this, given that a) the bank would have informed you of the unpaid DD, and associated charge. b) you have online banking and would have seen it. Regardless, it is YOUR responsibility to manage your bank account.

Even when it is explained to you, that attempts to collect payment have failed, your reaction is "DVLA are having none of it". Well, what position do you expect them to take? They made two attempts to collect a direct debit pay,net, both of which failed because YOU failed to have sufficient money in your account. How is that their fault, and what did you expect them to say?

Also, when you seek help you need to be upfront and disclose ALL relevant information, not drip feed it; what on earth has a club got to do with the car that YOU taxed in September 2015?

Lets keep this civil gents...we dont want another 49 pages on car tax.

Appellants Notice on your other thread when you are ready Callum

Andy

If a car is registered to an affiliated club and the affiliated club fail to tax the car and it is clamped for that reason.

Would any new owner who has now taxed the car and taking ownership be liable for any debt of the previous owner which would include paying for the clamp to be removed.

The clamping firm are saying that i need to pay the release fee but i am saying that as the new owner i am not liable for any penelties imposed by the previous owner, the Club.

Any help would be appreciated.

In what way is this relevant? Is the same car that you taxed in September last year?

I sent up the DD for the 6th of each month.

DVLA are saying that because they went for DD on 2nd and 6th the 6th counts as the second time for payment.

I wasn't aware you could choose when they take the DD as it's usually taken the 1st working day of the month followed by a 2nd attemp a few days later if that fails.

I wasn't aware you could choose when they take the DD as it's usually taken the 1st working day of the month followed by a 2nd attemp a few days later if that fails.

The date of a direct debit is usually set by the company, not necessarily on the 1st of the month - in my own case, not one DD comes out on the first, and in 30+ years I can't recall any that has done so. Although DVLA's website says that they setup the payment for the first working day of each month.

edit: multiquote failed.

Yes Callum, they made two attempts to collect payment, on the 2nd and on the 6th. Two attempts, in accordance with their policy.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-direct-debit/setting-up

"If there isn’t enough money in your bank account

DVLA will try to collect the Direct Debit again within 4 working days of the payment date if there wasn’t enough money in your bank account.

They will cancel the Direct Debit if there still isn’t enough money - they’ll tell you they’ve done this. You won’t be able to pay the Direct Debit from a different account."

Only last friday (9/09/2016) i set up my own car tax DD at the post office. The first payment goes out seven days later (16/09/2016) then monthly direct debit on the 1st of each month. So my next payment after tomorrow will be on the 1st October.

I was given no choice on the date for when the Direct Debit will be called as it was set by the Post Office and DVLA. It makes sense though the direct debit to be taken out on the 1st of each month considering that is when the car tax starts and you cannot claim back any part month entitlement

In what way is this relevant? Is the same car that you taxed in September last year?

The car was taxed by the Club who were shown as owner of the vehicle.

I have now taxed the car and i am now the new owner.

The clamping company are saying that because it has been clamped and as a result of the previous owners (Club) not meeting the DD PAYMENTS for it to be taxed the new owner is now responsible for that debt. me.

It is not my debt it would be the Clubs debt so why should anyone be liable for someone else debt.?

The car was taxed by the Club who were shown as owner of the vehicle.

I have now taxed the car and i am now the new owner.

The clamping company are saying that because it has been clamped and as a result of the previous owners (Club) not meeting the DD PAYMENTS for it to be taxed the new owner is now responsible for that debt. me.

It is not my debt it would be the Clubs debt so why should anyone be liable for someone else debt.?

In your first post, you said

"I paid my road tax via the DDicon scheme at my local post office back in September and set up the monthly payments via my bank. I have not authorised my bank to stop payments but the DVLA have stopped requesting payments and are now claiming that my car is not taxed."

Yesterday you posted

"Car clamped this morning no tax. Bank saying DD is still active and is showing that on on-line banking.

I set up DD for 6th of each month but bank are saying DVLA claimed on 2nd and 6th of month. DVLA are saying that they have cancelled DD because two attempts to claim DD were sent back by the bank, insufficient funds."

Is it the same vehicle? (just a yes or no!)

If NOT, then when did you buy the car, and when did you tax it?

Yes but the car was registered as being the Club car with DVLA.

Yesterday afternoon i took over ownership of the car and taxed it.

The car is now mine and not the Clubs so am i liable for any debt or action resulting from that debt left by the previous named owners the Club.

What debt......? I thought this was about a cancelled Road Tax DD because of lack of funds in your account?

Andy

Yes but the car was registered as being the Club car with DVLA.

Yesterday afternoon i took over ownership of the car and taxed it.

The car is now mine and not the Clubs so am i liable for any debt or action resulting from that debt left by the previous named owners the Club.

But you failed to tax it back in September 2015:

Hi, hope for some advise.

I paid my road tax via the DD scheme at my local post office back in September

and set up the monthly payments via my bank.

I have not authorised my bank to stop payments

but the DVLA have stopped requesting payments

and are now claiming that my car is not taxed.

I have had no letters stating wht payments have not been requested and paid as agreed

but it would appear that i am being held accountable for the DVLA breaching the DD scheme which seems a bit unfair.

Any advice would be appreciated.

DVLA will want payment from someone. If you bought it while it was clamped, they'll accept payment from you or the car club, but they'll want payment.

Otherwise people would just sell a clamped car every time, instead of paying the fine.

You could ask the car club to pay it (they'll say no), or pay it yourself and try and reclaim it (but you'll fail)

When you failed to tax it back in 2015, either you were acting as Callum the individual, or Callum the 'agent' of the car club.

If you failed to tax it, acting as an individual, you are the architect of your own misfortune.

If you failed to tax it, acting as an agent of the car club, you are still the architect of your own misfortune : you could sue the car club (but your track record on litigation is poor!), but they'd just join you (the agent, who is at fault) as a co-defendant ; so you'd end up suing yourself, and if you (by some miracle) won : you'd get nothing anyhow.

Why? because you are the architect of your own misfortune, either as the individual, or the agent.

Why were you paying the tax for a car club car?