Am I right in my understanding of the consumer rights act 2015 with regards refund

cheagavara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am I right in my understanding of the consumer rights act 2015

that within 6 months and after one repair attempt that made matters worse,

I am entitled to a refund and as it’s not a car I am entitled to a refund in full…

..what about wear and tear?

The act says

“(10)No deduction may be made if the final right to reject is exercised in the first 6 months (see subsection (11)), unless—

(a)the goods consist of a motor vehicle, or

(b)the goods are of a description specified by order made by the Secretary of State by statutory instrument.”

As this is a chair, can the retailer reduce the refund for wear and tear, for example minor cat scratches?

the supplier thinks they can reduce the refund offered on my chair because the cat scratch it. the chair was reported as faulty within 6 weeks, it was repaired but this made it worse and unusable. we reported this to the supplier the day the repair was carried out and they agreed to collect it but say they wont refund the full amount as its after 30 days, its been used and has some marks on it

Edited by cheagavara
typos

if it is not fit for purpose then it wont matter if the cat has scratched it but I would challenge them to make the fault good rather than get away refunding a smaller amount, that keeps the protection you have going until such time you "accept" the repair as being satisfactory

• 3 weeks later...
if it is not fit for purpose then it wont matter if the cat has scratched it but I would challenge them to make the fault good rather than get away refunding a smaller amount, that keeps the protection you have going until such time you "accept" the repair as being satisfactory

hi, I don't know if this will be read, but they have already repaired it once and that made it worse