Lowell chasing for 3 debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I'm having some problems and I hope someone can help. Here are some more details.

Letter from Lowell when I tried to dispute the debt.

****************************************************************************************************

Current Balance: £534.56

This account was opened on the 6th February 2010 and the mobile number on the account was ‘xxx xxx xxx’. The last payment made to Three Mobile was on the 2nd Febuary 2012 for the amount of £65.78. This acount then became defaulted on the 11th July 2012. As payments have previously been made to this account, this is considered acknowledgement for this debt. Furthermore, the email address associated with this account is also the email address you are currently emailing us from. As you can appreciate, with the information that we hold, we do believe this to be your account.

Please can you confirm how you would like to proceed with this account?

If you find that you are currently facing financial difficulty and would like to seek free debt advice about this, then you can contact one of the below organisations:

• StepChange Debt Charity (formerly CCCS): For debt advice throughout the UK, phone 0800 138 1111 or visit http://www.stepchange.org

• National Debtline: If you live in England, Wales or Scotland, phone 0808 808 4000 or visit http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk for debt advice and information.

****************************************************************************************************

As I had some financial issues I have decided to terminate this contract as I was with them for about 2 years. I wrote to 3 back in 2012 (around Jan or Feb) explaining that I won't carry on any further contracts as I'm going to cheaper mobile solutions etc. I never got reply or even a phone call until recently I got the letter from Lowell demanding payment of over £500.

I looked into my credit file and they put a default as:

Account Opened 6 February 20106 February 2010

Default Date 11 July 2012

Default Balance £176

So I guess regardless my letter this contract was still running? For obvious reason I canceled DD with them as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

l

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thread moved to Debt Collection Agencies

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi fkofilee.

Thank you for prompt reply.

Well I was looking for copy of it but sadly I can't find it. I even mailed this by recorded letter. I guess this is going to be a very problematic case.

The contract was 2 years contract and just about to finish. Hence my letter to 3 for a termination of the services and not extending contract for future.

Good old 3, the epitome of the communications world......not!

For a Telecoms outfit they are incredibly good at miscommunication and ignorance.

IGNORE lowlifes, IMO I would send the clowns http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387363-You-know-nothing-of-the-Debt-Prove-It-**Updated-21st-April-2014**

And whilst they go back to 3 to magic up some documents, begin 3's lethargic complaints procedure, and send them a SAR (£10) and get all of the information they have regarding this account.

DO NOT engage anyone, 3 or lowlifes, over the phone regarding this, keep everything in writing ONLY, keep a diary of events also.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would speak to the MD Team, Quite clearly they have messed Up here...

They should have record of them receiving your letter :)

If they find it and didnt action it, then your account and OSB is null and void, providing you were out of contract and made the final payment for your 30 days :)

Edited by Andyorch
Ediited

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

hey Bazooka Boo and fkofilee,

Many thanks for quick replies. So I guess the best option is to sent an email to MD Team - thanks for the details of email address fkofilee.

Is there any template I shall use or just explain what happens years ago? What happens if they reject my statment as saying we never got that letter.

That what is worries me again. But as per Bazooka Boo 3 was always 'great' in comms to their existing and ex customers.

Cheers,

l

Write it out... Create a letter of complaint and add in a little note that you will be sending a SAR request should this not be satisfied to your expectations.

Trust me... If they find it, and didnt action it, then they will have to tell Lowell the account has been raised in error. :)

Itll get them off your back.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So they replied :(

Thanks for getting in touch.

I’ve looked into your concerns and you’ve said you sent us a letter asking to cancel the account, but I’m afraid we did not receive it. The minimum term contract end date on your account was 6th July 2013 and not February 2012 as you’ve suggested.

You cancelled your direct debit on 3rd February, after which, we called 10 times and left voicemails for you. We also sent you a letter to say the account needed to be paid. Another 18 voicemails we left for you up until 18th March and more letters were also sent during that period. The debt was then passed to collection agencies and was eventually sold to Lowell in January 2015.

As such, the related default will remain on your credit file, as it is an accurate representation of how your account was managed. If you wish to make any payment towards the balance owing, please contact Lowell.

Thanks

Ha ha ha, the good old, ''We didn't receive it'' trick.... what a truly specious company.

Do you have the contract they say you signed up to?

Are they correct that the end date of the contract was 5 months later?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

Asking for that information is all well and good, however, I'd email them again, and inform them that due to the nature of the documents they are requesting, that they send the SAR to your nearest 3store, where you will produce those documents in person in order to receive them.

Remind them that the 40 day clock has already started.

If you had any other addresses during the time you had the contract with them, then these should be sent via email along with your request for the documents to be sent to your local 3 store.

Unless you're happy to copy those docs and send them in the post or via email?

OK, but how about the utility bills? I rent a place at the moment trough a friend. I do all stuff online now.

Still I need to provide those? Would just EU ID cover their request?

Thank you again for help.

l

You can print off a utility bill/statement from the online account.

Only you know what ID you have, so you would be best talking to 3, using the email they provided.

They're not trying to be difficult, they're protecting your identity.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there!

I got a recorded letter - nice package. So I need to look into this, but I'm not sure what I look for? Details of that contract was due to expire? I never signup contract to remind.

Also my good 'friends' from Lowell 'kindly' stopped collection actions for next 1 days.

Cheers,

l

So they have responded to your SAR, and sent you all of the information you asked for?

Go through it all, and find when your contract started, and the duration of it, 12, 24 months, then the date it was to end.

Also look for any of YOUR correspondence in there, like your letter of termination, or any reference to you contacting them to cancel the agreement.

Also ensure they have NOT added any fees/charges to the account..

You need to find out how they have come up with this figure they claim you owe.

As for Lowlifes, IGNORE them, you're dealing with 3 direct so they can be ignored until 3 have dealt with your complaint.

Hi ya, I went trough the package I got from '3' and read trough so many pages. Anyway.. no sign of contract but just a statement as:

"Three operates a 'paperless' contract system and we are exempt, under Consumer Credit (Exempt Agreements) Order 1989, from the need for a signed agreement to be obtained in order for our customer contracts to be in binding law."

They are also saying that they did not found any voice calls recording from me to Three and they are not governed by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and therefore they don't have a statment of account, default notice or deed of assignment in relation to the debt.

So I have at the moment:

- Letter now with a above statement.

- Print out from Excel interaction related to account.

- Payment history ( From 06/02/2010 to 11/08/2012).

- Billing copies.

So the outstanding debt was £146.50.

There is no information how they calculated this to £534.56

The difference is of £388.06 but again no word how this figure appeared on final debt. :-x

Uuughhhh.... not sure what to do next, any suggestion I would appreciate.

anybody? :(