Xercise4Less/Harlands/Debt Management Plan

Danie1le
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Danielle,

Give them a chance to reply nicely and, if they maintain their unhelpful stance, jump on the Interweb and use X4Less's online accounts.

What better place to discuss your feelings about their willingness to leave you at the mercy of Harlands/CRS.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Slick,

You were right, they now claiming they never recieved my previous letters!

I cannot explain why your previous letters were ignored as we answer every letter we receive, I can only assume we did not receive them.

If you can provide official documentation proving that you are in a Debt Management Plan and the date you entered the plan we can revisit this matter. However if you cannot provide us with this documentation and refuse to arrange a settlement with our Membership Support Team then you will have to resolve the matter with CRS.

--

Healthy Regards

Will

They're still skirting the issue, and attempting to apportion blame on you, disgusting behaviour and a disgraceful way to treat customers!

This is what is known as 'letter tennis', IMO you need to send them something along the lines of, a final time limited offer of one months fee, after which you will simply ignore them and their powerless DCA and fake solicitors.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Danielle,

Can you provide X4Less with some form of proof that you're in a DMP. If so, this letter should do the job :-

I refer to your letter of xxdate.

You are wrong to assume you did not receive my letter of xxdate as I have proof of delivery from Royal Mail. You did receive my letter and you failed to reply to it.

In any event, I now enclose [a letter/form] showing I am in a DMP to repay accumulated debts.

I trust you will now tell Harlands/CRS to stop harassing me and put a stop on collections activity.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I've just had the following reply. I've told them I wish to keep everything in writing.

I have been passed your details by our head office complaints team regarding the below e-mails. Unfortunately the contact number we have for you appears to be incorrect. Could you please provide an up to date contact number so I can contact you?

Kind Regards,

Andy Evans

Customer Support Manager

Xercise4less

Head Office

Hi Danielle,

Was this contact from X4Less by email or by letter.

In any event, you're right to insist this is d/w in writing only. If they have anything to say, they can email or write to you

Email him back and state that the reason why the number is incorrect is because you don't deal with financial matters over the phone, and if he is aware of your complaint he will know that you have continually stated that you will only deal with this matter via email or in writing only.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well just as well they don't have it, all they'll do is harass you morning noon and night!

Hi Danielle,

Ignore anything from Harlands/CRS for now and let us know if Zinc or Spratt Endicott jump in..

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of sending something like this to X4L, but I will wait for your advice first?

I am very disaapointed that you have decided to continue to ignore me following the below e-mails.

You first ignored my letters dated 28th October 2015 and 2nd January 2016, claiming not to have recieved them despite me having proof of delivery.

Now you continue to allow Harlands/CRS and now Spratt Endicott to harras me, despite me providing you with proof that I entered into a debt management plan with Step Change (which you asked for in the below e-mails)

The Terms & Conditions when I joined state that the agreement can be cancelled due to redundancy 'or other loss of livelihood', and further to this, the Competition and Markets Authority advises that a gym contract is unfair if it doesn’t let a member cancel because they’ve had a change in circumstances which means they can’t afford the membership.

I trust you will now tell Harlands/CRS/Spratt Endicott to stop harassing me and put a stop on all collections activity.

Wouldn't bother TBH, get onto social media and embarrass the gym, inform X4L that their treatment of customers is unacceptable, and that you are mindful of reporting them, X4L to the police for the criminal offence of harassment, then see how soon they change their tune?

Pratt endicot can be ignored, although you may wish to inform them that they have been added to the file of complaints as such you have reported them to the SRA.

Hi Danielle,

.......... the Competition and Markets Authority advises that a gym contract is unfair if it doesn’t let a member cancel because they’ve had a change in circumstances which means they can’t afford the membership.

Can you say where this statement comes from, or is it your understanding or interpretation from issues discussed on your thread here.

I see no reason to reply to Spratt's letter at all.

While I first thought your letter to X4Less was a good idea, they haven't responded favourably to your previous communications. Therefore I agree with BBoo, that you should use social media to embarrass X4Less for their continued use of Harlands/CRS to harass and hound folk with no regard for the consequences to their (presumably) valued gym members.

Hi Slick,

That statement is from here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/cancelling-a-gym-membership/

If you can’t afford to pay anymore

Your gym should let you cancel your contract if you’ve had a change in circumstances that means you can’t afford the monthly payments. It would have to be something significant, eg you’ve lost your job or suddenly found yourself in a lot of debt. You’ll need evidence to prove this to your gym.

Talk to the manager at your gym. If they won’t let you cancel, you should say the following (or put it in writing):

“The Competition and Markets Authority advises that a gym contract is unfair if it doesn’t let a member cancel because they’ve had a change in circumstances which means they can’t afford the membership.”

I will make a post on social media, thank you.

Thanks Danielle,

I haven't seen this before from Cit's Advice and will use it when necessary. I'd like to find where this is addressed by The CMA, for future reference.

Don't inbox X4Less. Post again quoting the advice from Citizens Advice. Keep the post as short as you can.