No Lift, No hob and no wifi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Daughter has moved to private student accommodation which is being charged at a premium due to having own kitchen, bathroom etc, there are various issues which I feel are breaches of contract but I am not sure if they are enough to break the contract. Do I have to give notice to the landlord to remedy the following and if they do not can I give notice to quit.

a) Lift - She moved in on the 19'th September 2015 when the lift was not working, it is now 24 days later and apart from 1 half day occasion the lift has not worked at all. Although daughter is able bodied my wife and youngest son are registered disabled and one of the considerations we took into account was the accessibility of the property which the agent was aware of as we all visited to view the property and my son stayed in the car as he could not make the stairs .

I believe that with out the lift it is not accessible to the disabled which apart from anything else is not only a fundemenatal breach of contract between myself, your company and the property owner but also breaches the Equality Act 2010 but your comments would be appreciated.

We have drawn the agents attention to this on numerous occasions and all we get is an apology for the inconvienace and a date somewhere in the future when it should be sorted.

b) Wi-fi - is intermittent and almost a necessity as a full time undergraduate student, all my work has to be submitted online as well as hard copy.

c) blinds - Breaking all the time

d) hob not working

Please let me know what you think

Ok, taking the parents out of the equation, that leaves breach of contract. To have an hob implies that it works and the same with the lift. You could tell the landlord that if it isn't fixed within a certain time you will consider the tenancy contract at an end and that any cost of moving to another flat will be down to him.

If the WiFi was in the advert or is in your tenancy contract, and isn't working, then that is also to be included as it was one of the major reasons that swayed you to take the accommodation

Who is the tenant oft his student accom, OP or dau?

You say private student accom, is it purpose built block of student flats leased to College? To whom is rent payable? College, Company or private individual? How is wi-fi supplied, communal aerial /cable another?