Vodafone overseas calls

t1grm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm talking here about calls overseas whilst in the UK not roaming. I just made a 25 minute phone call to Belgium from London and have been charged £25 for it! That's £1 per minute - extortionate!

Do the new EU regs not apply to cross border calls from your home country? Seems odd to limit roaming charges whilst abroad and then let the phone cos charge what they like when you are at home.

The irony is I travel a lot and have the Eurotraveller service enabled. When I call this number from abroad I get charged nothing under Eurotraveller - apart from the usual daily fee which covers all calls. So I am in the absurd situation of paying several times more for calls in the UK than when I am roaming!

To be honest the new roaming costs will apply to all 28 member states. Irrespective of home nation state

You need to get vodaphones response on this in the UK

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=EU+MOBILE+CALL+CHARGES&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=lhEJVs3RDobwaLyYiYAL

jULY 2017 ALL ROAMING CHARGES ARE TO BE ABOLISHED

No, roaming is being connected to a mobile network other than your own. You can technically be roaming in your own country if your phone can connect to a different network.

What you are describing is just a call to a phone number in a different country.

A call can transit through several countries and networks, it is the first network that the phone connects to that sets the type of call.