Vodafone - completely useless ...6 months on and no joy**#11420834**

emmaruth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My vodafone account number is ........

Having returned the new iPhone 6 within 3 days of taking out the contract to cancel, over 5 months later

I have yet to receive a refund for the £201 I am owed

have today received a final demand letter threatening to involve a debt collection company.

I have visited the store on 7 occasions, and spent countless hours on the phone

and on online chat attempting to get this resolved.

On 17 occasions; yes I have counted,

a member of staff from either the store/phone/online have promised they will call me back.

On literally NO occasions this has happened.

I am at my wits end.

I will be turning up at head office during my day off next week if this is not resolved soonest!!

I have used the web form with the cat reference code so hoping 'lee' or whoever will finally take an interest in this.

My vodafone reference number for the web form is #11420834

Hi and welcome to CAG.

You have come across one of biggest beefs with Vodafone. The total lack of customer service! I believe that one department doesn't know what another one is doing. The CS reps are not updating their systems with any info when you call. They seem to be coasting from clock on to clock off. I wonder what sort of morale they have in the office.

I'm glad you have read around and found the VF thread. I will add your ref number to the head of this thread so that it is easier for Lee to find.

It beggars belief that something as simple as this can take so long and still no resolution.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you. I can understand the incompetence - probably due to zero CS training and poor leadership. However, it is being lied to on many occasions by various 'managers' that really gets me. "Just wait another 2 days and I'll call you back"... like I said 17 times lol.

You are not alone in that. this happens to nearly everyone who comes to this site.

What I would recommend you do in the future is to record any calls with VF and make a note of the date and time. VF only keep telephone recordings for about 2 months and after that they are deleted so you need your own records. As it is, you should really deal with VF by letter with the exception of Lee. He will need to speak to you but he will follow up any call with an email detailing what has been discussed.

As this account is seriously in dispute, should VF actually pass on the debt to a debt collector then a two pronged attack will be needed. Complain to the debt collector who will be acting for Vodafone (as VF don't do debt collecting) and complain to VF for passing a disputed debt on to a DCA which is a no-no.

If VF do pass it on, they will add a termination fee of 15% or £100 whichever is the lower. This is unlawful and can be challenged.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Unfortunately 7 working days later and still no refund or action. Lee has contacted me by email and said that a refund has been processed and that the file would be removed from the credit reference agencies.

The file is still showing with experian and equifax. No refund yet.

It may be that lee has taken action, but at the moment it looks as though this is another broken set of promises from vodafone CS.

I would give it a few more days and if still no joy, send a Letter Before Action and if that elicits nothing, take them to court. Do not threaten if you have no intention to follow through.

VF have access the the Rapid Update System with the CRAs and as such your credit file can be (almost) instantly cleansed.

There should never have been this faff around in the first place.