How the EU works.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the EU Commission.

One is from Germany, a second is from Poland and the third is from Italy.

All three go with a EU official to examine the fence.

The German contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring,

then works out some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will

run to about €1000. That's €400 for materials, €500 for the labour and €100

profit for me."

The Polish contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says,

"I can do this job for €700. €300 for materials, €300 for the labour and €100

profit for me."

The Italian contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the EU

official and whispers, "€2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys,

but how did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Italian contractor whispers back, "€1000 for you, €1000 for me, and we hire

the Polish guy to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the EU official.

And that, my friends, is how the EU Commission works.

Someone raised an interesting thought on the referendum issue. They said they couldn't see the Tories having a referendum as to whether we stay in or out as it would be seen as being part of a peoples' union, which is against their principals. Interesting again DC has made sounds of stepping down as PM 2017 ish. Is it because he doesn't want to be PM if a referendum takes place?

I am surprised, i thought this was how Government contractors got their tax payer funding

Remember G4S (Olympics) and the work place providers (Igneus)??

Not to mention Capita (TV Licence)

What about the national audit response to Government contractors over Universal Credit??

Well over budget

Which supports the post made by postmn further back.

Those people who have tried to weed out greed and corruption within the EU administration have either been bought off or backed out.

It was my understanding that Kinnock was voted an MEP in order to investigate this. He is not as vocal about the billions of waste as he once was!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It was my understanding that Kinnock was voted an MEP in order to investigate this. He is not as vocal about the billions of waste as he once was!

Not vocal because he is now part of the screw and don't want to spoil it. If he reports it, all the dodgy EU deals might get closed and then his pay would take a tumble.

I can buy a box of bic pens for less than a fiver virtually anywhere.

But apparently the banner pens we have at work cost £2 each and area managers can only order them through sap.

An area manager got in trouble for using petty cash to buy pens from Tesco and save on his budget.

Can you believe it?!?!

with most governmental organisation, local government and the health service you have to buy things through the procurement service. These procurement bods have spent years researching everything that you would need to buy and negotiated the best deals they possibly can. It seems such a shame that when they have pulled off a fantastic deal with a supplier they leave and join the board of that company and their talents are lost.

My brother used to be in the building game and when he ran a massive contract to refurbish the property portfolio of a county council he was isntructed to buy all of the plumbing supplies from a company run by the brother of the person on the council who was responsible for the tendering. My brother went to B&Q instead, finished the contract and told the council where to stick the job.

• 4 weeks later...

So the country that has been trying to rule the whole of Europe for the past hundred years, Germany, has not only opened the borders of European members, but now opened the borders of Europe to the whole world.

Lets get out - come on Cameron, call this referendum now.