Insurance Factory Motorhome Nightmare

Nouwen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold my motorhome a couple of weeks ago and wrote to the Insurance Factory to inform them of that, as well as provide the proof of sale. I paid by monthly DD and assumed that as I was no longer the owner of the vehicle, my insurance would stop.

I WAS WRONG!!!

Since then, I have received threatening letters and text messages saying that I owe then £200+ and that I am now referred to a debt collection agency. They provided a list of costs which included payment for legal protection; breakdown cover, admin fees and two figures which they recorded as just being under 'costs'. I wrote to them to appeal and to ask for further clarification on the money they say that I owe. I also asked for a copy of the credit agreement with Highway Insurance which outlines the cancellation fee if selling my motorhome, which I never received and so never signed.

I accept that there will have been some administrative fee (which they say was £15.00) but the sum of £200+ seems a disproportionately large amount which is neither fair, nor reasonable. I exercised my right to cancel the policy after the sale of the motorhome and yet this has resulted in the company seeking to penalize me for that decision.

I have contacted the company by phone 20+ times with little effect and have sent several e-mails which have thus far not been responded to. The reviews of the company are shockingly bad which I wish I had known before taking out insurance with them.

Can anyone advise please as I suspect the threatening text messages will continue......

There is no legal remit to allow anyone to charge any penalty fees for whatever reason under FCA rules

As for the dca

They are not bailliff s and

Have no such legal powers

I would put everything in writing from now on

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'm not sure they are saying it is a penalty, rather its because I was paying via monthly DD that they believe I owe the whole amount (although I could be entirely wrong as the letter is very vague and just provides a list of numbers!).

I'm not sure they are saying it is a penalty, rather its because I was paying via monthly DD that they believe I owe the whole amount (although I could be entirely wrong as the letter is very vague and just provides a list of numbers!).

Ask Insurance Factory for a full breakdown calculation of the cancellation amount. I suspect that there are parts of the insurance package you have pay in full for the year, plus cancellation admin fee. They should detail each cost in their breakdown. Also ask for copies of the policy terms you agreed to, that allow the full annual amount to be charged if policy cancelled mid term.

I suspect they can evidence the cancellation cost, but you are entitled to the full information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread