Housing Benefit Question

dch76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can give me any idea about my current situation.

I am 39 years old and have just got a job after previously being on ESA, I live with both my parents who are both in their 60's they are both retired and my mother gets her state pension and also they get pension credits and claim housing benefit and council tax benefit for the house they rent.

My question is this, this is only a 12 week temporary job and obviosuly regardless of that my parents will have to notify the council about the change of circumstances about me getting a job. Does anybody know how much their housing benefit will change? they already deduct £20 per week off their housing benefit because I live with them, even though I am not on the tenancy agreement it is just my mum and dad that are. Will I be expected to contribute a lot of money towards the rent now I am working? Even though the house is rented by my parents only? The job is full time and I make £295 a week.

Thanks if anyone can help :)

Will try and find someone who can help. We are usually a little thin on the ground over the weekend, so it might not be until tomorrow when someone will look in.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi found this the second figure is council tax deduction

Aged 18 or over working 16+ hours/week with a gross income of:–

Below £129 per week £14.55 £4.10

£129 to £188.99 per week £33.40 £4.10

£189 to £245.99 per week £45.85 £8.10

£246.00 to £327.99 per week £75.05 £8.10

£328.00 to £407.99 £85.45 £10.30

More than £408 per week £93.80 £12.30

Thanks Suziebear. :) Appreciate it. Looking at that it is a shame this job isnt permanent, because for a bit extra per week I could get a flat of my own, but sadly I will not be able to even do that at the moment as I am in too much debt.

The application of a higher deduction may be delayed for 26 weeks if either of your parents are aged 65 or more and you have a change of circumstances which results in the level of deduction increasing

• Confused 1

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

Its easier to find work when your already working, if you got flat you could claim housing benefit between jobs.

As for the debts any creditors wouldn't be able to include your rent c/tax or utility bills in any calculations for repayment.

There is another section on CAG all to do with debts maybe you could have a look on that bit see if you can reduce any payments.

dch, if you would like to start a thread in the debt help forums http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?175-General-Debt-Issues

we might be able to offer advice on those as well :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Its easier to find work when your already working, if you got flat you could claim housing benefit between jobs.

you may be required to claim Universal Credit (for help with housing costs) rather than Housing Benefit

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 2 weeks later...