pepper79

Question regarding proof of last 3 years employment/benefits

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1559 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, rather a strange post so please bear with me.

Today I had a 3 hour long final assessment as an admin assistant and got offered the job after my 1 on 1 interview at the end. I was called away to the interview when I was inbetween filling in all the forms. When I finished the forms, the another lady who worked there (not the one who interview me) looked through my forms and said I need to provide proof of the last 3 years of my benefits. I was a carer for my Gran up until Sept 2014 but was getting Carers Allowance up until August 2012. The Carers Allowance stopped due to my Gran being in hospital so much but I still carried on being her carer even though I was claiming JSA. In April 2014 I started to claim ESA as my Grans health began to deteriorate and she was in and out of hospital again but I was still her carer. My Gran passed in Sept 2014 and am signing off ESA now as this job offer has really given me the boost I needed and that I never thought Id get. My question is, why do I need to provide this information? How do I go about providing this information? From the DWP? I didnt even know I could get this info.

My question is, why do I need to provide this information? How do I go about providing this information? From the DWP? I didnt even know I could get this info.

It is not an unusual request - I had to account for periods of unemployment for my last job, primarily to demonstrate that I had not been detained at her majesty's pleasure. If you ask your local JCP/DWP office, they should be able to provide a letter confirming the dates you were claiming benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Ah I see, thanks for your reply, I'll get onto it

It is not an unusual request - I had to account for periods of unemployment for my last job, primarily to demonstrate that I had not been detained at her majesty's pleasure. If you ask your local JCP/DWP office, they should be able to provide a letter confirming the dates you were claiming benefits.

More likely for a credit check than a criminal check. Otherwise a DSB would be enough.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Why do I need a credit check? Why is it any of their business what my credit is like? I am only assisting the admin dept, I dont think I would be doing anything financial within the company. I got credit for a new car easier than this lol

Edited by pepper79

Why do I need a credit check? Why is it any of their business what my credit is like? I am only assisting the admin dept, I dont think I would be doing anything financial within the company. I got credit for a new car easier than this lol

Every application of mine for an office job, I was asked for a credit check. And I haven't passed any, as I have never used a credit card.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"