Bailiff discussion ( moved from hijacked thread )

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote goes to Number 6

Strange I had you in mind Terminator lol

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Perhaps no.6 could team up With Terminator like Batman and Robin.

Hmm Which would be which.

:D

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Guest The Terminator
Perhaps no.6 could team up With Terminator like Batman and Robin.

Hmm Which would be which.

:D

Peter

I say we nominate one person and then have a vote. Im nominating our friendly baliff.:D

I say we nominate one person and then have a vote.:grin:

Sound democratic thinking ,

I agree and nominate Number 6

Reasons

Excellent campaigning credentials

legally clued up

articulate

and most importantly,he is not on line at the moment so he can't refuse

Inascapable logic I think

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Just a thought but are bailiffs all subject to regular Criminal Record Checks?

The reason I ask is that i have just been reading an article where the local councills are starting to insist that CRB checks are done on their employees including councilors.

This came as a bit of a shock to me as I presumed that this would have been a requirement for any one working in the public sector especially those with access to our council taxes etc.

In the case of bailffs who are put in a position of power over what are sometimes vulnerable people i would have thoutht it would be a pre requisite that they had a enhanced CRB accreditation.

Any of the bailiffs on here help me out

Peter

This is what really pussies me off. A bailiff can break the law and go away in 5 mins and to undo what he has done the debtor has to chase around the system for years on end. Even then no joy in cases.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

I am going to push for an answer to this.

As the new law will give the right for them to enter your home it would be nice to knowthat you are not entertaing a convicted thief or worse.

Peter

I can remember them coming to our house for a none paid store card they were sent by the court. On the little leaving card it had hand wrote that if you are not in they will come with a lock smith to gain entry. After later speaking to a solicitor they advised me that it’s a load of rubbish unless they have already listed the goods which they hadn’t. Was very upsetting at the time.

Very sloppy of the bailiff to leave evidence of such a well used and totally illegal practice that they use to scare people who arn't aware of the law.

I would have used that card as evidence to take them to the cleaners.

Peter

Guest The Terminator

I am going to push for an answer to this.

As the new law will give the right for them to enter your home it would be nice to knowthat you are not entertaing a convicted thief or worse.

Peter

Now am I correct in saying that they can only force their way into you home if it is with a valid court order.Then of course there is the HRA.

Bailiffchaser's letter on here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/30373-my-mp-bailiffs.html

mentions 'a strict criminal record check' as part of the new TC&E bill.

I hope they don't leave it to the Home Office to do it!:o

Elsinore

Have sent the following to my MP

Dear

I am a member of the consumer group CAG which petitions against unlawful penalty charges.

Please find the document I have attached which I ask you to read.

As you will see it describes in some detail the disquiet surrounding this governments new bill regarding the baillif industry and those who engage them.

Furthermore a number of constituents from different areas have written to their MP's expressing great concern that considerable powers are being invested in an industry known for it's very sharp and frequently illegal practices.

One member has received a reply via their MP from Harriet Harman which not only does not address the problems raised but it is clear that Ms Harman does not understand her governments own bill.

I particulary like the bit about bailiffs being able to seize family pets

Can see the headline now "family pet taken by bailiffs & will be disposed of unless parking ticket paid..........4 year old Samantha distraught

Has this government gone completely mad!

They appear to be being allowed to run amock.................Please do something.

Regards

Let see what happens

On our local news bulletin tonight and this from Teletext:-

Bailiffs find dead couple

A couple were found dead in their St Helens home when bailiffs came knocking at their door, police have revealed.

Alan Brown, 57, was found hanging in the hallway of his semi-detatched house. His wife Joan, 56, was in a bedroom. Tests showed she died of asphyxiation.

It is understood that Mr Brown was a former worker at the Ravenhead Glass factory, but was made redundant in 2001.

RIP

Elsinore

Hello All,

Just a quick update for you all.

The issue with Rossendales has now been resolved on my behalf by Alison from the Bailiff Watchdog.

I cannot thank Alison enough and would recommend her to anyone who needs help with an industry, that although they try to justify themselves by quoting laws that they have read from a script, is blatently daylight robbery and no matter how much bf1uk or any other bailiff try's to tell me different, i will never believe a word you say again.

Rossendales can in my opinion now go and take a long walk on a short cliff and with some look all fall in the water.

The bailiff industry in this country is an absolute farce and how some of these people can sleep at night is beyond me. Why on earth should anyone bother getting any proper qualifications and get arrested for bank robbery when you can just become a bailiff, its simple, all you need to do is learn a script (b1fuk will probably comment on this using verbal rubbish).

Alison thank you very much for your help and i wish you and your organisation against the modern day bank robbers :) we have come to know as bailiffs :)

Regards

Guest The Terminator
On our local news bulletin tonight and this from Teletext:-

Bailiffs find dead couple

A couple were found dead in their St Helens home when bailiffs came knocking at their door, police have revealed.

Alan Brown, 57, was found hanging in the hallway of his semi-detatched house. His wife Joan, 56, was in a bedroom. Tests showed she died of asphyxiation.

It is understood that Mr Brown was a former worker at the Ravenhead Glass factory, but was made redundant in 2001.

RIP

Elsinore

I'd call that corprate mansaulaughter it's about time these b***ards were brought to book.Reading this has made me even more determined to have my day in court.

Bailliffs can only force their way into anyones property for any purpose whatso ever unless

A...They have a warrant of entry and

B must be accompanied by an a police officer or officers,

NO copper then you can cop him even if he has got an entry warrant.

Sparkie 1723

Quick thing. obtained judgement for £4000 against jbw here is the link for the judgement posted here as unable to attach any attachments.

bailiffchaser - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Now am I correct in saying that they can only force their way into you home if it is with a valid court order.Then of course there is the HRA.

Currently Bailiffs can only enter your home without your consent if they are pursuing a criminal warrant issued by the Magistrates court or The Custom and Excise Dept in pursuit of gathering evidence of criminal proceedings. Recently they gained the right to force entry to recover fines imposed by the Magistrates court under warrant.

They also can force entry if they have a signed authority to a lien on goods provided by the householder on a previous visit.

Usually a visit of a bailiff with a warrant issued by the Magistrates court will be accompanied by a police Officer in order to prevent a breach of the peace.

This as far as i am aware is the situation at the moment but this all may change when the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Bill.

This bill is currently being debated in the House of Lords and its initial draft was introduced to the HL in June 2006.

I and others on this thread have been in touch with the Department of constitutional affairs raising our concerns on various aspects of the new legislature.

Our concerns centre on the apparent disregard for the individuals rights that have existed under common law for 800 years.

This law if passed will give Bailiffs (renamed enforcement officers) the right to us force to enter dwellings without the owners permission.

And threaten the owner with a custodial sentence if he should physically interfere.

Amongst other atrocities it will allow enforcement officers to enlist the help of unlicensed individuals to help enforce the warrant also it gives them the righ to enforce a warrant on a public highway which means that they can stop you in the street and use reasonable force to relieve you of your possessions.

In a reply i received from the Department of constitutional affairs they stated that this would." stop people from evading paying there debts by simply closing there door.

It seems that the right to peace and security in your own home is dependant on you remaining solvent.

What next Debtors Prison.

hi i have asked this question in my own thread but i think the title isnt attracting the right people lol i had 2 council tax debts with equita i got them to send me statement of account including charges which i got today to find both accounts had bailiff fees of £75 and enforcement fees of £110 now i never let them in yes they did come round a few times but delt with both accounts at the door at the same time in the same visit now if ive read right they can only charge me for the first 2 visits at a total cost of £35 per account but where do i stand with the £110 as i cant see anything anywhere stating that they can charge anything else apart from visiting fees and levy which they didnt do please can someone help or point me in the right direction.

thank you xxx

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Guest The Terminator

This as far as i am aware is the situation at the moment but this all may change when the Tribunals Courts and Enforcement Bill.

This bill is currently being debated in the House of Lords and its initial draft was introduced to the HL in June 2006.

I and others on this thread have been in touch with the Department of constitutional affairs raising our concerns on various aspects of the new legislature.

Our concerns centre on the apparent disregard for the individuals rights that have existed under common law for 800 years.

This law if passed will give Bailiffs (renamed enforcement officers) the right to us force to enter dwellings without the owners permission.

And threaten the owner with a custodial sentence if he should physically interfere.

Amongst other atrocities it will allow enforcement officers to enlist the help of unlicensed individuals to help enforce the warrant also it gives them the righ to enforce a warrant on a public highway which means that they can stop you in the street and use reasonable force to relieve you of your possessions.

In a reply i received from the Department of constitutional affairs they stated that this would." stop people from evading paying there debts by simply closing there door.

It seems that the right to peace and security in your own home is dependant on you remaining solvent.

What next Debtors Prison.

They were abloished years ago but they may be on the way back:D Seriously though it's about time that this shower who supposedly run the country stepped in. For example finding the root cause of the problem and the first place that they should look at is the finiancial institutions.

Received 11/01/07

From MP

Thank you for your email of 10 January.

As a matter of fact, I have been concerned about this question of bailiffs for some months and have had various discussions with relevant parties.

I am glad to say that my colleagues who are leading on this for the Opposition are now putting down amendments seeking to include regulation of bailiffs on a much firmer basis within this Bill.

I am absolutely persuaded that the cowboys have to be stopped from acting in the way in which they clearly are prone to act.

I hope that we shall be able to persuade the Government to change its mind. If not, then I am minded to include proposals for further regulation of bailiffs in the Conservative Policy Review which I am currently chairing.

Yours sincerley