Vodafone Debt on my credit file - i want to pay!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've recently checked my Experian Credit File to clear my debts and keep up to date.

On there is a Vodafone Debt for £995.00 showing a default.

The debt is from 2011 when i was made redundant and was unable to fulfill the contract.

I'm not in a position to repay this in full, therefore I want to set up a repayment plan.

All my 6 other debts are on repayment plans which are being reflected on Experian and having a positive effect.

I've been offered a job (where they intimately check your credit) but they wont give me the position until this is resolved.

I've spoken to several agents on the phone and on live chat over a period of 3 months

and unfortunately are all based in India and dont seem to grasp the severity of this issue.

All of which state one of the following

* The accounts closed and the mobile as been reallocated to someone else

* We do not accept repayment plans the balance needs to be paid in full

They also clearly have no complaints process as there is no e mail.

I simply want to repay this debt off on a repayment plan, as this is effecting my credit score and preventing me from obtaining a job.

Initally they told me Fredericksons were dealing with this. Which is incorrect.

They were dealing with it but this was recalled back by Vodafone on the 13/06/2013.

This was confirmed by the manager at Fredricksons.

All i want to do is start paying this so it comes off my credit file.

Its causing me undue stress and as got to the point where I literally do not know what to do :mad2:

Please can anyone help me!!!!

We here at CAG have a very successful vodafone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

Just another thing to, MODS; Please move this to the Telecoms forum

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I've already sent a response via you online web team and this is the half hearted, pathetic response i got back. I've now informed the Ombudsman Communications and shall shortly be informing the ICO... Heres Vodafone response

Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

>

>Thank you for your email.

>

>I would like to inform you that the outstanding amount is very high on your account. Hence, we won’t be able to offer you any payment plan in this case. I hope you can understand our limitation.

>

>Thanks

>

>

>Drupad Bhavsar

>Customer Service Agent (eForum)

>Vodafone Limited

>Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN

>Registered in England No 1471587

Just resend it... Lee is much better than these guys. He MIGHT beable to help somehow.

IF you dont want to do it then fine, but you came for advice right?

Just do it ^__^

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Follow the advice above and not your own methods. The FOS and ICO wont do ANYTHING to help you because they cant. You have to exhaust the 8 weeks complaints procedure for the FOS to consider getting involved, and the ICO wont do anything as the default was placed correctly.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ok guys this as been ongoing with Vodafone for 3 months. So Vodafones time is well up.

The ICO cant do anything as the debt hasnt been paid. I spoke to them 10 mins ago.

The FOS cant do anything as its not a area they deal in.

- I was redirected to Ombudsman Communications (if this is the same thing) so Im awaiting their response.

I've followed the exact same format that fkofilee sent... thats where i got the response of ' Hello Mr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your email. I would like to inform you that the outstanding amount is very high on your account.

Hence, we won’t be able to offer you any payment plan in this case.

I hope you can understand our limitation. Thanks'

I appreciate Lee may be a guru but all Vodafones representatives should be doing there jobs effectively not one man who is 'much better'

I'm simply at a dead end. I need Vodafone to deal with my query and after 3 months, Im still no further to resolving this.

If anyone can help it really would be much appreciated.

Yes we know,m your not the first to say this and you wont be the last.

Lee will help you... Just wait for him to contact you, he is around ... I have seen him

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

it just extremely frustrating.

im generally very self sufficent working within the Financial Sector, but blimey I've NEVER come across such an incoherant, unhelpful and truely appalling company as Vodafone.

ill hang on for Lee's response.

its ridiculous I had 2 debts from Motormile Finance written off 2 weeks ago, as despite paying them monthly they last updated my credit file in August 2014!!! :lol:

However this Vodafone account is shocking. They cant reopen the debt as the accounts closed and the numbers reallocated.

Out of interest the £12k debt that should be £4 have you done a notice of correction via Experian?

Hi

Irrespective of your debt, Vodafone are likely to NOT remove the default as it was properly placed. It is very rare for any company to remove a default unless it was wrongly placed but that is not the case here.

As for the repayment plan, VF don't have a 'debt department' as such and they farm these debts out to debt collecting firms (Fredricksons seem to be the DCA of choice) who will accept a repayment plan however, before accepting any plan, make sure that VF haven't loaded the account with an 'admin fee' which in your case would be around £100. This admin charge is unlawful as it does not reflect the actual losses incurred.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

urm.. I don't understand why you think paying a debt off

improves your CRA file ..it doesn't.

if this is a requirement of you new employers , then fair comment then.

but, your debts are defaulted I assume with a date in the debt summary line?

paying a defaulted debt does nowt to improve anything and certainly does not 'help' your rating.

but as I say, it might be something to do with your new employer

that they like to see debts being paid off.

one last point...

these other debts.. hope you sent them a CCA request

before you blindly started paying whomever owns the debts?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Lee

@DX -- Im not blindly paying the debts. I work in Finance so know the companies Im paying and have no intention of 'avoiding' the debt.

You state the payments do not help my score, of course they do. My scores risen from 536 to 688 since i started to repay these debts in January. Coincidence?

And as my post states im doing this for a job application and also for peace of mind.

great one down well done lee yet again.

as for paying the other debts / improvement of CRA score

that sadly means bugger all if you've defaults.

just depends on if your job application clearly states you must be paying these debts to get the job

most in finance appear to indicate you cannot have any defaults, in the summary nor the monthly calendar.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...