• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

David Lloyd / Arc Europe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

First time poster after reading some information about similar issues other people have had with Arc,

but as I've never had an issue such as this before I'm not particularly confident in handling this.

In December 2013 I signed up to David Lloyd on a 3 month membership,

when I signed up I was given a 'special deal' where I only had to pay the pro-rata fee for December.

As I was paying this I presumed this counted as my first month and therefore my third month would be February.

In February I had only been to the gym twice in those months & wrote to my gym giving a months notice on 1st March (as required)

and informed them I would be making no further payments and wanted my membership to cease as of 1st April 2015.

I received a letter in response confirming this was fine and my membership would finish

but I would have to make any payments outstanding,

of course I cancelled the direct debit immediately and thought nothing more of it.

Jump to April 13th,

I receive a letter saying Arc Europe are acting on behalf of David Lloyd & I owe £139

which must be paid by 22nd April otherwise they may pass my account onto solicitors.

Firstly my membership was £69 & my arrears is £89 which I can't make sense of.

Secondly the balance I apparently owe is £139, both of these numbers seem completely fabricated and pulled out of nowhere!

I may have misunderstood when my 3 month contracted ended which I would be willing to pay the £69

I would then owe however I refuse to pay charges or any extra when I have received no corespondance from David Lloyd.

Also I do not want this to progress any further and possibly hurt my credit score,

go to court, have people coming over etc but

I really have no idea how to address this issue with either David Lloyd or Arc Europe.

Help would be extremely appreciated.

gym 'debt' don't ever show on CRA files.

so three complete months from jan date

you write to the gym [DL] and offer the payment I think

ignore the no powers DCA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Kyberta and welcome to CAG

The dates you mention in your post don't make sense. Did you join in Dec'r 2013 or 2014, because you refer to cancelling in April 2015 ??

Please check your dates and confirm :-

1. Date you signed up.

2. Date you gave them notice to cancel.

3. The agreed monthly m/ship amount.

Gyms or their admin companies love to add Admin Charges if you pay late or cancel when they don't think you should. But we maintain that these admin fees are unlawful and unenforceable penalties which should always be challenged and never be paid.

Don't speak to ARC or the gym by phone and keep all comm'ns in writing only.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hello,

Sorry 2013 Was a typo!

I joined in late December 2014. I haven't got any details on me now but it was around 13th December. I gave my written letter of notice on 28th February 2015 & my agreed monthly membership was £69.00.

Thanks!

Hi Kyberta,

When you have the doc'ts handy, check and let us know if the 3 months m/ship was a fixed-term or if it just rolled on monthly after that.

If you gave them notice to cancel on 28th Feb, you may owe a further month's fee for the notice period.

However, DL may insist you have to give them 3 months notice and pay Feb, March, and April. Possibly even May depending on the join and cancellation dates.

Come back with the info ................

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi,

It was a roll on monthly afterwards & I would only have to give a months notice. I specifically asked this when I joined & checked the contract before I signed to confirm this.

Thanks

please do not post pers details on CAG

read our rules

previous post removed

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Kyberta,

You need to check the details of the m/ship agreement.

Regardless of what the gym staff told you, you need to check the details to see what you actually agreed to in the gym's T&C's.

Hi Slick132,

Got my T&Cs now. I joined under a 'flexible membership' which states there is an initial period of at least three months & I am committed to paying three months fees. The membership lasts indefinitely until I give one months calendar notice.

I can confirm I joined 17/12/14. I have their written response confirming my membership ends on 31/03/15.

I don't know if this makes a difference at all but I didn't actually sign any T&Cs, on the back page where they are there isn't any signatures. However on the membership application form it says membership is subject to the T&Cs & by signing this agreement I accept them. I'm not sure if the application form is what they are referring to as the agreement but my signature on the application has no date whereas the team leader's does.

Finally before I posted here I emailed the club asking why I have these charges especially as my membership was £69, this is their response;

Hello Amy,

Thank you for you're email.

The reason the outstanding balance is showing £139 is because alongside your membership fee there is a £70 charge from ARC Europe for an admin fee for chasing you for the outstanding balance.

I can reduce this fee to £20 if you were to pay for March and April and bring your account up to date. With summer coming I am sure you would like to start making use of the club again!

I look forward to hearing from you.

So it would appear I owe 1 months membership.

Thanks

:)

Edited by kyberta94

Hi Kyberta, and thanks for confirming they require 1 month's notice.

I'd reply to the gym by email as follows:-

I am happy to pay you the final 1 month's fee which settles m/ship fees due up to 31st Match 2015.

However I will not pay the £70 admin fees that ARC have added, or the £20 reduced amount that you offered.

The reason for this is that ARC's admin fees are effectively penalties. They are punitive in nature and do not reflect the actual costs incurred by ARC. The fees are both unlawful and unenforceable.

As soon as you agree in writing that you'll accept my payment of £69 in full settlement of all that I owe, I will pay you promptly.

Keep us posted.

Hi Kyberta,

Two days is no time at all with such matters.

Let them have 7 or 14 days to reply and then send a final reminder saying your offer will be withdrawn after a further 7 days.

Hi Slick,

Just got a bit worried as according to Arc this needs to be paid by Wednesday 22nd but from what I've read on these forums they have no power so seems quite an empty threat. I'll give it 7 working days then email them. I'll keep you posted on any developments though!

why are you worried about ARC?

DCA's ARE NOT BAILIFFS

and have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

you cat has more power over you to demand money

dx

and they

Hi Kyb,

I'd reply saying :-

I refer to your email of xxdate.

After the way I have been treated by ARC, I have no intention of remaining a DL club member.

Please reply to my previous email, so I can pay you and be done with this matter.

Hiya,

Had a reply to the email as above

I am sorry you feel this way about ARC, however we did make several attempts to contact you when your account was overdue before it reaching ARC. I am keen to discuss this with you, and reach a resolution.

Are you free one evening and I can call you, or perhaps we can arrange a meeting in the club to discuss further?

Kyb

Hi Kyb,

I assume you have no wish to continue the m/ship but let us know if you would consider continuing as a member.

If not, then reply saying :-

Thank you for your email.

I have no intention of remaining a member and do not want to discuss the matter, other than in writing.

When you confirm my offer to pay £69.99 in full settlement is accepted, I will pay you.

Hi,

Had a response again

Thank you for you’re reply,

Iv just realised it was actually myself that joined you back in December!

I remember how keen you were to begin using the club, with the summer coming is this not something you are still wanting to do? If you pay March’s outstanding fees and rejoin I could perhaps issue your mum a 2 week pass to use whenever she would like? If you were to rejoin I will also ensure no payments to ARC will be in owe.

I look forward to hearing from you,

They really are not understanding I do not want to rejoin!

Hi Kyb,

Ya gotta love a trier !! :wink:

Poss reply :-

Thank you for your email but I do not want to remain a member.

My offer to pay £69.99 remains when you confirm you'll accept this in full settlement.

Hi,

Got a reply this morning

Amy,

I can take your payment for £69.00. Should you not wish to give me the details over the phone below you will find a list of the details I need in order to run the payment through:

And then just asked for my card details.

Seems to be sorted but just going to confirm in writing they will get ARC off my back.

Thanks for all the help!

pers I'd do it via your banks website and BACS

ask for their sort and account number

cards can be used afterwards by CPA.

dx

and they

I would reply saying :-

I will only pay the £69.00 when you confirm in writing that this is accepted by the gym in full settlement of all that is owed to DLL and/or ARC by me.

Leave no room for misunderstanding.