Babs V HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Arent we all!! :D

Oh I missed you this afternoon, was hoping you'd be here to hold my hand when I called...and as for you and Mr Steve...weellllllll :D what can I say but 'how very dare you' (ala Catherine Tate - the nan ) :razz:

Its loverly to see such happiness!

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Hes a top bloke!! Keeps me going and makes me laugh!! What more could I ask for!!

Im sorry I missed you today Hun, remember it was my long day at work? :o

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Ahhhhhh i forgot. Yes he is funny isn't he...where is he?

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

LOL My long day? Till 2? That you all laughed at!! :p

Hes out for most of the evening I think....

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

ok, i'm here, the voice of reason.

first things first, make a cup of tea, sit down, take a deeeeeep breathe and chill. nothing has happened has it? you are no better, no worse off than you were yesterday. ok,they have filed a defense. that is simply because the date was fast approaching where they needed to do that or you could have filed for judgment. it's just the next step in the game. you knew that was probably going to happen. in about 2 days you will receive the paperwork from the court, 1) moving it to probably your local court 2) a copy of their defense - which will read exactly like it has in every other case and 3) a copy of aq. and as bong says - the court will put a deadline for filing your aq. that is now the date you will be working towards. they will take holidays and all into account. the important thing is not to miss that deadline if you haven't gotten your money from dg by then. so, wait for the paperwork, look for the date, read up in the faqs about aq's - just so you are making informed decisions. as for paying - i think if your claim is over 1500 you pay £100 (however - if you didn't pay for the claim because you are exempt - i think you may be exempt from this one too, it's all in the aq stuff in the faqs). and in my thinking, there is no point in rushing into the aq becasuse dg may very well settle before that is due and if so, you have just added that on to your claim - so hold off until the aq is nearly due to file.

so, step back an look at it, it simply passed into another stage - that's all.

it's ok to call dg - but i'd wait til you get the court papers so you know when the deadline is (also, read up a little, just so it isn't so daunting for you to discuss it - all it is is filing a paper - it still doesn't mean you are going to court, it's just the next step). then, when you call dg, you will be settled down, can discuss it rationally (you are really close to getting your money back -now is the time to really bite the bullet and don't start this should i take less just to get it settled and over with thinking - it is self defeating). you've got lots of people here thinking good thoughts for you. are you feeling better? don't stop posting now..............as if! LOL.

See I knew it, I knew I had to talk to you! Thankyou.:D

No I wasn't exempt so I could do without paying the £100. So I'll wait for the AQ and then see if I hear from D&G in the meanwhile. If not I think I'll call next tues (19th) so still some time for them to sort out before the office break.

And no way am I settling for less than the full amount, I've not come all this was and accosted the postie everyday just to lay down at the last hurdle!:o

Phew......thanks Lat I shall tip you now (it won't let me, I've done it too recently!:-( )

xx

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

PS Lattie

how are we looking, have we moved from 4th place? I think Clare and Steve did a good job of adding to my thread! ;)

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Defence entered today too. (dated the 14th November, oddly)

Which is actually good news.

Because....

It seems mine and Babs' claims are being dealt with simultaneously, therefore, even if i'm at work all day I can check on here and if she's not got anything, chances are, neither have I.

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!

LOL!

Mines dated the 13th JFB...wonder why?

I will be your ally at home then...hope our posties are on the same wavelength too.

Steve, Clare...anything yet on your MCOL?

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

I think it's the submission date as anything from here on in can't be dealt with online.

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

Hey babs! Glad Lats came to the rescue as always!! I have heard nothing but am a couple of weeks behind you lot! Steve has also heard nothing today but tomorows another day!! Fingers crossed!! :)

Morning babs! Just to say good luck!! ;) LOL Hope the postie brings you something nice this morning! xx

Meant to ask also, how you were feeling? I had glandular fever once and it wasnt nice!! Apparently they call it the kissing disease!! :D

LOL yes...the kissing disease except that Mr Babs caught it from me and I think I must have got it from one of the kids in school,..BUT I hasten to add, I HAVE NOT BEEN KISSING MY PUPILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it must just be so virulent that with all their coughing and sneezing, I've been unlucky.

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Hi peeps - Mr steve here

(I'm honoured and slightly blushing at the acolades - heavens knows what I did (have done) to deserve any of those comments, but thank you muchly !!

Ok, today - no post (that I know of)

Babs, can you e-mail me I'll pM you with th address as I'm find it arkward to continually be in here (work)

I gather you have had a defence notified ??

I'm only a day behind you I think so I guess I'm probably NEXT on the conveyor

Steve xx

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

We shall have to wait and see...I'm wondering...are they getting to the stage now where I'll have to enter my AQ and they will so that a court date is set...just so that they get more time to deal with things..Its goign to get a lot slower now anyway after the big publicity last night on the beeb.

See originally when only a few people were doing this, they settled at the prelim or lba stage, then it was a couple of days after the filing of a claim and now I'm reading about people enterring their AQ and only hearing after that....grrrrr

Thoughts?

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Hmmm...not sure, still don't know of many people having to actually file their AQ.

Aaaaah I hope not!

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

I hope not too Babs! You can do without being another £100 short this xmas!!

Looks like there will be at least four 'new' AQ's filed this week !!!

(unless DG get their finger out)

273 babes x

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Ohhhhhhhh... stop it :(

Don't i know it. I had reason to call HSBC just now, about another complaint I have with them, they issued a default on a loan account which isn't in arrears, but anyway I found an 0800 number for the compliants team should anyone want it...happy little scottish lady listened to what I had to say and then when I gave her my details to see who was dealing with me she obviously saw that I'm taking action because her whiole manner changed and she became, shall we say...... frosty?!!!!!!

Hee hee heee heeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

Uh oh spaz that I am....didn't put the number in.... 0800 881 155

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

babs,

Did you get anywhere with the call to DG ??

No lovely, nothing at all...it was all poo. I'll email you in a bit, just on phone to 93yr old nan a mo, she's in crisis mode

x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

MCOL issued 13/10/2006