CCA leading to CCJ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have been reading some threads and it appears that I may be being 'cash cowed' as you term it.

I have a variety of creditors in which many have been passed to DCA's I think 5 now with Cabot/Merlin.

I do not have any CCJs but do have defaults - I have been in this position since 2007/8.

My worry is, that if I do apply for CCAs and I stop the agreed payments as per the advice I see, if the time for them to produce a CCA lapses - will this result in CCJs being issued.

Also if Cabot has CCAs for some but not all the debts they have brought how would this pan out?

Additionally if the DCA cannot provide a CCA am I then in a position to have the default removed from my credit file?

Many thanks in advance

They can't much in court without a compliant CCA. With Cabot its 99% certain its a bad debt and they rarely ever have the right paperwork

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you, Cabot seems to have chased my debts from others. Most if not all of credit is 2007 or previous and is a mix of credit card and loans.

Is CCA the way ahead for me then?

If they do not provide a CCA am I in a position to remove from credit file. Does the debt just go away?

HI there

Your first step is information.

1) CCA Cabot for every debt

2) Full Subject Access Request to every original creditor.

THEN

When the results come back.

Look for PPI, Unlawful credit card charges, packaged bank account fees and other reclaimable s.

CCJs will be applied for regardless of if they know where you live or not. So there is nothing to worry abotu in making the above requests.

List the following for every debt.

A) Original Creditor

B) Who owns the debt now? Eg Cabot?

C) Rough amount

D) When account was taken out

E) Is there a CCJ on the debt.

F) Type of account : Overdraft, Utility, Credit card, Loan, IOU note shaved onto the side of a sheep?

Check your credit report, NODDLE offer a free service, to make sure there are no other skeletons :D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

CCA will check if they have a compliant agreement

SAR will provide everything else so you can see if there were any reclaimable charges, PPI, find when last payments were made etc.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

CCA to the people you are paying

SAR to the original creditors.

only ONE sar is needed per 'bank'

i'e if you have a loan & a card with the same bank

only ONE SAR is needed.

pers I'd get the CCA request

done for each debt.

worry about the sar's later.

lets get the monkeys off you back first

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...