BCW threatening home visit for Orange 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BCW have been chasing me re an alleged debt to Orange

and I must admit I have just been ignoring them,

however a few weeks ago they threatened me with a home visit so

I sent the letter which I got off here to say you get not visit my home and I will only communicate in writing.

Below is their reply:

The stage in which we issue a letter regarding a Home Visit forms part of our automated process.

This is pre-determined by Orange.

A Home Visit is only proposed when every other available means of contacting you has been exhausted

and an amicable resolution in this matter remains absent.

We have attempted to contact you on a number of occasions prior to our letter

in which we advise of our intent to arrange a Home Visit.

We are therefore satisfied that we have afforded sufficient opportunity for you to contact us to discuss this account.

The case you have referred to is not applicable to your circumstances.

As part of the agreement that you entered into, you agreed to repay the full outstanding balance

and that where necessary Orange could recover the debt by outsourcing the debt to a third party,

which included by way of doorstep collection.

We are entitled by law and under contract to recover monies outstanding

and we are allowed to take reasonable steps in accordance with regulatory guidance to recover such monies.

The OFts Guidance on Debt Collection reference to making an appointment on field visits relates to,

where say, the agent has called round and advised by the customer that it was not a convenient time,

then he should make another appointment.

An appointment is not necessary for the initial visit.

lf however, the customer is not there at the agreed time,

then the agent can call again at an unscheduled time.

ln relation to your request for no telephone contact

I confirm that we have removed all telephone numbers held for you, from the account.

Please note payment is now due therefore please contact our office on 0845 117 025g

in order to discuss the repayment options available to you.

A cessation of collection activity will remain on the account for a further 10 days

in order to afford you sufficient time to contact us.

We are a member of the Credit Services Association who can be contacted in the event of you remaining.

Would appreciate some advice

– shall I reply to this, just ignore them or just send them a cca?

If y ou send them a letter saying no home visits, then it doesnt matter what excuse they use. They cannot come to your home. End of discussion.

The letter they sent you is a bog standard one where they rely on your lack of knowledge to get you to back down so they can do what they want. Besides, why would you contact the CSA? They are just a bunch of DCA's with a different name.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

This reference to the CSA (Boys club of the Debt Collection Industry) is really getting annoying. It has no power to determine what actions can and cannot be taken. It can only request that its members adhere to the regulations and laws already made by parliament and administered by the Financial Conduct Authority. Shows how out of touch they are as well as the OFT no longer exists and hasn't done for nearly 12 months ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CCA isnt valid for a service agreement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Youll likely have to SAR them or check your credit files to see who the current administrator of the account is.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

God dx where did you find this. I totaly l forgot about this one, which was for Internet that had been paid and was easy to tell them to **** off.

They are now chasing me for a mobile account.

Must be getting old and memory fading