Vodafone extortion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just come off the phone to vodafone on behalf of my partner, this was the 3rd time this week his phone has been suspended.

Going back to the start, back in November he recieved a £500 + bill which I took hold of and spoke to a lovely gentleman in the team. Between us we came to the agreement of £100 a month to pay off the arrears.

They took the £100 payment 31st December and everything was fine. Now comes January, the account has been passed to a collections agency and is now £700+ in arrears, how that figure comes about I cannot tell you but this is what they are saying. They have given us till March to pay the balance or his phone is suspended completely.

I tried to point out we were paying the arrears just as was arranged, the plan was being stuck to our side its them that have not stuck to the arrangement, to which I was told it was only direct debited for 4 months, well if that was the case the £500+ in the beginning wouldnt even have been cleared so someone is lying here or has made a mistake somewhere.

I just dont know how to fight this, for started the £500+ was extortionate but after paying £100 its gone up to £700+ rather then down.

Any help or advice appreciated

Thanks

You need to ask them exactly what the bill is made up of.

I wouldn't be paying anything until I had a complete breakdown of the whole bill.

You are recording your calls to them, aren't you ? If not, anything said by them is worthless, as they won't admit to saying anything to you if they make a mistake, as looks like has happened here.

Follow the instructions in the quote below - when you receive the reference number, pop it in your thread and Lee will look in on you.

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

I think I may know where the extra has come from. Termination charges make up the bulk of the bill but VF also add on an 'admin' fee. This fee is 15% 0r £100 whichever is the lower.

This fee is unlawful! I know it, VF know it and now you know it but VF will never comment on this. The admin fee should ONLY be what it cost them to manage this account during the transfer to the DCA and the amounts I quoted above mean they are overcharging for this 'admin'

Also, a credit file check is in order as VF are not slow in filing a default.

From now on, either deal in writing only or record the calls. You don't have to tell \VF that you are doing so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE