• Tweets

• I had some contact with this company earlier in my working life but I'm afraid there's not a lot I can suggest that you haven't already done. During your grandfather's time  British Celanese was a subsidiary of Courtaulds. Courtaulds was subsequently (after your grandfather had stopped working there) acquired by Alzo Nobel. They in turn closed down the Spondon site and sold it. I have no idea what the number is that you are trying to call. It's a Derby (Spondon) area code but the number appears not to be allocated. From my slim knowledge of the history of the company I would have expected your grandfather's pension to be in the Alzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme.  But Willis Tower Watson are the Pension Scheme Administrator of that scheme and would be the people who should know if your grandfather had contributed. Is your grandfather certain he contributed? Joining pension schemes wasn't compulsory in those days. Or might he have got his contributions returned when he left them? That happened sometimes back then. Sorry not to be of more help.      
    • I am sorry I am not aware of this report from IAS assessors? The Court will consider my application at a online hearing in June. The Court instructed me to send Bank copies of my sons condition proving he could not have been the driver I have heard nothing further. My son is not aware of any proceedings I have not involved him to avoid causing him distress, he has been sectioned a fair few times and I need to avoid this happening.
    • I am very pleased that the Court has taken the decision to allow you to  represent your son and hope that he is happy enough with that to relieve the stress he will also be feeling. I do agree that Bank parking are so insensitive, greedy, horrible etc etc to continue proceedings considering  in what it is a very minor case of a wrong number plate . Even their  own  IAS Assessors, who are normally hopelessly biased in favour of their members, went out on a limb and said  " The Operator's evidence shows no payment for the Appellant's vehicle, or anything similar. It does show two payments for the same registration in quick succession. I would take a reasonable guess, based on the circumstances described, that the person paying has paid for the registration of the person they assisted again." That is damning evidence and you must take that report with you as well as including that in your Witness Statement which we will help you with. I would expect that Bank would discontinue the case at that point.  But I am sorry to say  that you should not count on it.  
    • Evening all,   I have deliberated over this offer for two weeks and I have decided to take their offer. I do understand that some may prefer us to go to court and receive a judgement but with our personal circumstances and my current military commitment that could become an issue. I am so grateful for all the help and support you have all offered me over the last few months. I will continue to monitor this site and push all those that are being wrong to get in touch.   Thank you! what you all do is truly amazing!
    • When I first responded to the PAPLOC, and received that 29 page junk back it was accompanied with a letter saying that they had already responded to my request back on Feb 18th 2023,(I never received it). I was just clearing out some paperwork today and found a letter from Lowell, dated Feb 17th 2023, explaining that they were still waiting for the documents from PayPal, and my account was on hold  until further notice.  Does this mean they were lying and can it be used against them if this goes any further? I have now filed my defence, and have had an acknowledgement from Overdales and the court. A little threatening from Overdales , explaining that part of my defence was invalid because they have now complied with the CCA, and they were still waiting for the Default notice from PayPal.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

vodafone debt - unknown contract from 21/12/13 #9037202

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I decided to get control of my finances and found many issues,

this one is with Vodafone,

my bill has become very high

I rang and asked for a breakdown

to find that my phone(ok) my 13 year old phone (ok)

and sim for ipad (ok)

but also £48.50 PCM for another phone,

which they told me I had signed a new contract on 21/12/13 for unlimited text, calls and data.

I checked and checked but I didn't know anything,

and kept ringing back and being told I had signed,

finally I asked for the number and what usage it had,

after having never been used,

they looked deeper and the customer services man on the phone finally and casually says

"hold on, no you're right it was never sent out a

nd yes it's a glitch at our end"

I demanded all the monies be refunded immediately as I was overdrawn,

he actually said

"you can only get refunded up to 6 months as you have left it so late"

this was 8/11/14,

I demanded to speak to a manager

he did everything to stop this

telling me he could deal with it

eventually after being put on hold for an hour

he put me through to upgrades!!!

A lot more has gone on and I have a case number etc.

I have been to stores and rang too many times to mention,

the manager tried ringing on 12,11,14 at 8am and 10am,

I returned the call but was told she would keep trying

I have never managed to speak to a manager.

My question is

I have now passed this on to the ombudsman,

do I need to do anything else and

should I seek anything else other than my own money back?

they are still taking the money out i.e. 01/01/15 £48.50 for this phone I have never had.

Kind regards

We here at CAg have a very successful VodaFone Rep operating here

We advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here (https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=ESCALATION_REQUEST&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATION=1000&COUNTRY=us&LANGUAGE=en)

you MUST PUT the code 'WRT135 - CAG Forum' in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this

Vodafone UK

CAG.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.

In the meantime, get on to your bank and get them to use the direct debit guarantee to refund you. I'm not sure how far back they will go in refunding you then each time VF try to take the next direct debit and it is the wrong amount, invoke the guarantee again.

Ideally, what you need is for VF to state in a letter or email that they will not take any money from you except your original amount.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I will try that, thanks

I really don't understand the delay, over 8 weeks ago it's on their notes that it was their mistake, yet the only contact is when I ring them!!

So so frustrating, I've been with them for over 15 years

We don’t use this email address anymore, so our advisers won’t get your message. Don’t worry, you can chat to an adviser online instead – they’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

----- ian Wrote -----

Please select: Monthly

Title: Mr

First name: ***

Last name: *********

Email: *************

Mobile number: ***********

Alternate contact number:

Date of birth: ***********

Payment method: Direct debit

First line of address: **************

Postcode: ***********

Phone make and model: no idea it was never sent

Topic: 0

I still have £48.50 stolen from my account by you each month, even after endless attempts to get it dealt with, I have now sent my case number and ref. number to the ombudsman.

I have spent hours on hold etc. even after your people realised it was all your fault back on the 08/11/14 you keep taken money out of my bank account, in which I am overdrawn again, but if I stop it my credit rating will be affected, I have ran around and lost numerous hours of work time and got very stressed out, so no more!!!!!

It is being dealt by Dina SADEK, case number CS00014124977 and Ref. 413382186

2015-01-03 18:15:36 GMT : Escalated : Contact Us

2015-01-03 18:26:34 GMT : Shown : Suggested articles

• 1 month later...

So just to update, it went to the ombudsman, who completely backed my position and told vodafone they had to do a full refund and pay me extra for my troubles etc. not as much as I wanted but just sick and tired of it all so I accepted. Vodafone were given 28 days to out everything right, and guess what!!! They couldn't do that right either so the ombudsman emailed me(they were keeping it open until paid) to say they were now taking it further!!!

VODAFONE you are a joke!

So just to update, it went to the ombudsman, who completely backed my position and told vodafone they had to do a full refund and pay me extra for my troubles etc. not as much as I wanted but just sick and tired of it all so I accepted. Vodafone were given 28 days to out everything right, and guess what!!! They couldn't do that right either so the ombudsman emailed me(they were keeping it open until paid) to say they were now taking it further!!!

VODAFONE you are a joke!

Oops. Can't say I am surprised to be honest. They may not be the worst in customer services but I bet they are up near the top.

Vodafone, train your staff to adopt problems until resolution. If they won't, sack them!

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE