o2 dispatched phone, now they're saying it's out of stock.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My dad ordered a new contract with a new phone from o2 a few days ago. After being told the phone was in stock and would be dispatched soon I received a text saying it was dispatched and would arrive within 1 to 2 days. The next afternoon my dad got a text explaining the phone was out of stock but assured I would get it on or just after the 2nd of January. My dad phoned up to complain and nothing was resolved so I phoned up. I was transferred to customer services who said they didn't deal with complaints, they then transferred me back to where I was but to a different person. She then gave me the O2 complaints website which didn't work, and she wasn't even aware of this. She then told me to go onto the O2 website where I had originally got the number to phone. After explaining this to her she went silent and after about a minute told me her department wasn't trained to deal with complaints and after putting me on hold to speak to her manager found she was supposed handle complaints but through not knowing what to do she asked her manager to deal with it. I have never been made to feel so worthless and stupid by a person in charge before. He said it was an error and "not their fault." I then said it is because your company never informed me the phone was running low on stock when it was ordered and proceeded to tell me it was dispatched. The response I got was, "I'm sorry you fell that way" and "what do you want me to do, I can't do anything, It's not my fault." I realized I was getting no where so asked if I would be definitely be getting my phone on the restock on the 2nd of January. He said no, might not could be the next time we get stock in. I gave up at this point and told him I was absolutely disgusted at the customer service that I'd received, and he didn't really care. I then found out that my dad is now paying for the phone and that they've already changed my tariff over for a phone that I have no idea when I shall be getting it. Is there anything that I could do to make them take this seriously?

First off all... Spaces dear.... They work wonders :)

Right ignore the frontline staff

[email protected] - CEO Email... It will go to their exec team who I rate 3 /5 - Not the best but they do get things done.

@ronandunneo2 - His Twitter

@O2 - Companies Twitter...

What Phone was it?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

How was it ordered?

Face to face?

Internet?

How was any amounts already paid for done? Credit card?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It was ordered over the phone with all the details sent to my dads email. My dad payed with his debit card and set up a dd with them. They said I couldn't cancel because that would be classed as a contract termination and we'd have to pay a fee and the remainder of the contract upfront, then they offered me a nokia lumia 630 (I ordered the 735). I refused this as the phone wasn't anywhere near as good as the one that was ordered and already payed for.

They're wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Have your father send a letter recorded delivery to their customer services department cancelling the contract under the new regulations.

For your ease a WHICH factsheet is linked below.

Also cancel the DD and do a chargeback

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Theres that.

But more importantly you have 14 days to CANCEL the agreement (paying for any usage made) AFTER the phone arrives

nope

do a written letter recorded delivery from your father citing the regulations and that he wishes to cancel his contract and that as a result the Direct debit has been cancelled with his bank.

Also do a separate letter to the bank (recorded) stating the DD is to be cancelled and monies refunded as the business failed to complete the contract resultign in him utalising his rights to cancel the agreement

Others here will be able to help you with letter content :)

I said something along those lines when I was on the phone to them, saying I thought that it was unfair of them to start the new contract without the new phone and they said it was "standard practice." I've let my dad know about sending the letters and he's started to write them now :-3 thanks muchly. Do you think they'll say the same as they did on the phone?