Ryanair Cabin bags in hold

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3409 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife & I recently flew with Ryanair to Faro in Portugal. We were asked at the gate to let them put both our cabin bags in the hold as the flight was full and there was no room for them in the cabin, we were instucted that we need to remove any items that we may need for the fight before we boarded.

They put yellow bands around them and when we boarded the aircraft the flight attendant took them off us to put in the hold. When we sat down I said to my wife that I better turn my mobile phone off and she said that her's was still in one of the outside zipper pockets of her bag, and still turned on, I immediately informed the steward who said that as it was already in the hold it was OK.

When we landed we went through passport control and to the baggage belt which stated that the bags would be on the belt by 13.05, it was now 12.55, so just a 10 minute wait, not so, they eventually arrived at around 13.20 and our bags were one of the first ones off. My wife immediately checked for her phone which was missing!!

I then turned my phone on and called her number which rang with a foreign ringing tone (1 continuous ring about 2 seconds apart) so we knew it was in Faro Airport.

We immediately reported the loss to the baggage handlers "Lost & Found" desk who called the dispatch to recheck the hold, but we knew the phone had been taken from her bag as the zipper was fastened back up, it had not just fallen out.

I called her provider who put a block on both the phone and sim card straight away and reported the matter to the airport police, we have got both peices of the paperwork from the police and lost and found, and have done a lost baggage claim to Ryanair, but they are not interested. Its not worth claiming from our insurance as the excess is more than the phone is worth, but we do feel that Ryanair should pay up as it was them who asked us to put the bags in the hold, they keep saying that it is our responsibility to make sure there are no valuables in "checked in" bags, but these were "Cabin Bags" and if we were to have removed all valuables from them they would have been empty.

The last letter to them explained everything as I have explained it here and I sent them copies of the paperwork from the police etc, but they keep saying they sympathise but cannot help any further.

Can I take this further or am I wasting my time?

Cheers

PS. My wife didn't like the phone anyway and is happy now that she has gone back to using her old one, but it is the principle of the matter, and the inconvenience and Ryanair's attitude that annoys us.

Hi derekpayne

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what has happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. We might be surprised. Clearly they need to know if there is any criminal activity going on, rather then it's business as usual, point that out.

Send it to:-

Mr Howard Millar

Deputy CEO / CFO

Ryanair

[email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Well what a surprise, nothing, nil, ziltch from the Deputy CEO, will be writing to him via snail mail now. Just for the record the email address must be good as it didn't bounce back, also the email address to customer services is good too as it also didn't bounce back unsent, they are just ignorant by email!!!!

The email to customer services has a subject line that states "unfortunately email replies to this address cannot currently be accepted" in other words they wont reply, but they may read them!!

Will post here when I have more info.

That is disappointing, if you have Twitter, Facebook leave them some feedback, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Well what a surprise, nothing, nil, ziltch from the Deputy CEO, will be writing to him via snail mail now. Just for the record the email address must be good as it didn't bounce back, also the email address to customer services is good too as it also didn't bounce back unsent, they are just ignorant by email!!!!

The email to customer services has a subject line that states "unfortunately email replies to this address cannot currently be accepted" in other words they wont reply, but they may read them!!

Will post here when I have more info.

• 3 weeks later...

Got an email back from them yesterday:

"Ryanair -Unfortunately, email replies to this address cannot currently be accepted".

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 10th December 2014.

Whilst we have noted your continued dissatisfaction, we regret that our position remains unaltered, as per our previous correspondence.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED"

What to do next is the thing?

Cheers

That is disappointing, this is a very long shot, how did you pay for the tickets?

Got an email back from them yesterday:

"Ryanair -Unfortunately, email replies to this address cannot currently be accepted".

"I acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 10th December 2014.

Whilst we have noted your continued dissatisfaction, we regret that our position remains unaltered, as per our previous correspondence.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED"

What to do next is the thing?

Cheers