Should this count as fronting or are they wrong

tyler4bcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I went on different comparison sites looking for a quote for my mum.

she is the main driver and me and my dad are additional drivers,

we only use the car 1-2 times a week so I rarely get to drive.

when we went on the comparison sites I put that I was the main driver

to see how much more it would cost in the future and was quoted £720,

when we filled out the policy form in my mums name it was the same price.

I said that I would pay for the insurance as my mum had paid for the last 2 years.

now my mum has just received an email from admiral saying

that they have seen the other quotes that we compared with me as the main driver

and they are going to change the policy and put me as the main driver

and charge me another £730 even though the quotes were the same price.

When my mum phoned up they said that because they had found a quote with me as the main driver

that's what they were going to go by and the fact that I paid, they think that my mum is fronting.

how can this be when we were quoted the same price.

I went on different comparison sites looking for a quote for my mum. she is the main driver and me and my dad are additional drivers, we only use the car 1-2 times a week so I rarely get to drive. when we went on the comparison sites I put that I was the main driver to see how much more it would cost in the future and was quoted £720, when we filled out the policy form in my mums name its was the same price. I said that I would pay for the insurance as my mum had paid for the last 2 years. now my mum has just received an email from admiral say that they have seen the other quotes that we compared with me as the main driver and they are going to change the policy and put me as the main driver and charge me another £730 even though the quotes were the same price. When my mum phoned up they said that because they had found a quote with me as the main driver that's what they were going to go by and the fact that I paid, they think that my mum is fronting. how can this be when we were quoted the same price.

You cannot muck around online putting in different information, as many Insurers check the information.

Your Mum needs to make a formal complaint in writing to Admiral, stating the exact situation that she is the main driver etc and the other quotes were done just to see what difference it makes if you were to become the main driver.

If the car was bought by your Mum and/or is registered in her name, she could also send a copy of any documents that shows this as that would be very helpful. It would look very odd if you had bought the car, it was in your name and your Mum was the main driver. Then Admiral may not believe you.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You cannot muck around online putting in different information, as many Insurers check the information.

Your Mum needs to make a formal complaint in writing to Admiral, stating the exact situation that she is the main driver etc and the other quotes were done just to see what difference it makes if you were to become the main driver.

If the car was bought by your Mum and/or is registered in her name, she could also send a copy of any documents that shows this as that would be very helpful. It would look very odd if you had bought the car, it was in your name and your Mum was the main driver. Then Admiral may not believe you.

but how can then want to charge me an extra £730 when the quotes were they same.

we also only have until the 18th to cancel (cooling off period),

obviously if we complain and they still don't agree with us

is there anything that can be done,

as I would be able to get a cheaper quote

but how can then want to charge me an extra £730 when the quotes were they same. we also only have until the 18th to cancel (cooling off period), obviously if we complain and they still don't agree with us is there anything that can be done, as I would be able to get a cheaper quote

Your Mum should call Admiral to make a complaint and follow up in writing if necessary. I have no idea why they would ask for an extra £730, unless the information entered online was not correct.

If your Mum cannot gain agreement, then cancel the policy and arrange cover elsewhere.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

extra £730?

my neighbours son passed his test 12mts ago

sadly in the time just before that

he did a silly thing and drove his mums car on a provi without anyone with him and with no insurance.

got pulled. etc etc £200 fine 6 points

even with that he is only paying £780 with him as the main driver

and her as a named driver.

if you take her off it goes thru the roof.!

this is with hastings

just musing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...