Employer won't refund deposit ** Successfully Resolved **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3408 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What is this form you are being asked to sign?

I don't think you should be signing anything to be honest. They aren't entitled to have the CCJ 'removed' and I don't think this can be achieved by simply signing some forms or making a declaration. You certainly shouldn't sign anything until you have received full payment.

I would call their bluff - state that a letter before action was provided and that the company failed to respond to both this and the claim form; and state that you will be instructing bailiffs to recover the CCJ amount (and their fees) unless payment is received in the next 7 days.

Their threats are a bunch of cobblers and should not concern you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you understand the severity of what we are saying here

And I hope you understand what they are trying to do to you. A company can be more frightening than an individual and they know that this sort of letter, which is designed to frighten you, could make you so wary that you drop everything.

As already suggested, don't sign anything until you have shown it and taken advice.

alternatively, "I look forward to discussing my alleged criminal activity with the police and seeing you in court once again for my slander claim. My mum's going to be a character witness."

NNNNo don't. But it'd be funny.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thank you everyone for your comments. That last email was a bit scary until I got to the bit about my parents!

They've paid me the full amount this morning. The declaration they want me to sign and send to various parties is a letter from me stating the money has been paid in full and I want the judgement to be closed and cancelled and the CCJ removed. I may do it but send without the stamps!

I am going to make a donation to this site as without your help and advice I would never have had the courage to take this on.

Thank you all so much.

I think they are confused. Once a ccj is regisrered after 14 days of the judgement all they can do is get a certificate of satisfaction. The ccj will remain

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Its great that you have received the payment. Very well done for following this through and getting the end result you wanted. Your donation to the site running costs will be much appreciated!

Personally I don't see any problem with you signing a letter which states that the money has now been paid in full. I don't think this would be enough to get the CCJ removed but if it makes them happy, then so be it.

I wouldnt urinate on them if they were on fire. Ignore them now you have the money and move on. They have threatened you with all sorts of things because they are too up themselves to take you seriously to begin with and now they ahve lost they are being vindictive and childish.

Don sign or agree to a thing. It will not benefit you and coul cause harm so why consider it.

I agree with this. You've got the judgement in your favour, and they've paid up. As far as I would be concerned, the matter rests there. If they want further comfort (though, as others have said, it's not obvious what they're really asking for - the judgement can't be rescinded or set aside now they've paid up) they can go whistle. I had this situation when I sued Monarch Airlines. Though fought tooth and nail until the very end - when the judge ruled against them. They sent me a cheque as ordered - with a draft agreement that the terms of the settlement would be confidential. That letter got filed in the bin, obviously. Because if you win, you win on your own terms!