lowells/barclaycard debt

jones2788
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Jones,

You mention PPI but say nothing about penalty charges. Do you think you paid any of these during the history of the card ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Im using my phone at the min,but pics are just the application form from barclaycard,and a letter from them saying theyv fullfilled their obligation by providing that and a photocopy of t and c's no actual cca!theyv also sent a statement of the month of default and thats it?since theres no cca with my signature on and the debts from 2004 im guessing they cant do anything?cheers

As said at the min i have to use my phone as pc is not working as it should,i know its not a guessing game,just asking for suggestions on general enforcability until i can post the application up on here,what dictates whether or not it is enforcable as it states clearly at the top of the form its an application for a barclaycard not an agreement of t and c's that are signed?

Im no expert on enforceability but there are a lot of diffrerent things that dictate cpmpliance with the CCA hense why people are asking you to put it up. They are not asking for the sake of it. I hope you get your pc fixed quickly :D

In meantime basic things like all personal details must be correct, rate of interest etc

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As for PPI and Penalty charges, you should definitely look into this. 900 worth of charges may equate to refunds in the 1000's People have had success with BC within the last few weeks.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

First off, do a full subject access request to the original lender will cost you £10

As for all data including transaction lists :)

Guidance about reclaiming PPI is in the PPI forum.

First move is to get your statements and check for PPI and penalty charges which could be worth FAR more than just the charges alone (due to compound interest).

Re the enforceability of the a/c, the signed credit card application may not comply with strict requirements but a judge may not see it that way if it went as far as court.

:-)

hi im going down the route of claiming the ppi/charges of the Barclaycard debt now,as said im going to SAR them but what am I looking for exactly when I receive the statements?also can I claim for a bank account that has had charges on it?thanks I really don't know where to start lol

hi im going down the route of claiming the ppi/charges of the Barclaycard debt now,as said im going to SAR them but what am I looking for exactly when I receive the statements?also can I claim for a bank account that has had charges on it?thanks I really don't know where to start lol

You are looking for any insurances. Card guards. Protection.

overlimit fees. Late payment charges. Returned item fees.

Current account charges are a different matter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...