3 months Redeployment Notice/Dismissal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter has just received a letter from her employer giving her two options to consider following the OH advice that she should be redeployed as her present department/job are unlikely to be able to make suitable adjustments to accommodate her health. I.e. No shift work. She returned to work a month ago after 6months or so sick leave and is presently temporarily placed in a stable position on a phased return with no shift work as per OH's recommendations. The 2 options are

1. Have a stage three interview with a chief officer which (in HR's opinion) will likely agree with OH's recommendations and result in "the Chief Officer would look to dismiss you on the grounds of capability providing you with redeployed status for 3 months, during which time HR will assist in seeking an alternative role within the organisation"

2. Could elect to be placed on the redeployment list and granted redeployed status for 3 months to assist you to secure an alternative role.

I am concerned because it seems that either way, it gives the Organisation a "get out" option once three months have passed if no job becomes available

She has worked for this organisation for circa 8 years. In the last two years cut backs and staff shortages seriously affected her health and well being, resulting in CFS, Slipped disc and Meningitis. All most likely brought on by high stress levels and exhausting shift patterns. She put in two grievances which were ignored, and to get this far thru the process has been like walking through treacle. HR are referring to a stage 3 Capability Hearing and yet she has never had a Stage 2 Hearing......

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thread moved to appropriate Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Is there an occupational pension scheme in place and is she a member of that scheme? If so there is an alternative and it may be that they are looking at following the cheapest option available (why would they do otherwise?). Find out as most schemes have ill-health rules that pay out either a pension or a percentage of a pension based upon incapacity.