Mamakin v HBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The inconsistency frustrates me.

After having sent my request for statements 10 days ago and it still saying it hasn't been received....I called the bank on Saturday to ask if they'd got it. Nothing was showing, so they told me to call back on Mon or Tue. I've just spoken to them, and once again, nothing was showing on my account. Hmm I said, I sent it on 17th, I wonder why you haven't received it yet. Well she says, I can put that request through for you manually now, but they may send a letter requesting payment for it. Ok, no problem I said, the other cheque won't get cashed if they don't ever receive the first letter, and if they do, they won't ask for payment again will they? No she said, but this way, at least you know they've received your request for statements.

So, why the hell did some woman direct me in the first place to an address I've not seen anywhere else, if she could just do it manually! Argh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just a quickie.

I sent my SAR to Halifax PLC, Trinity Rd. According to track and trace it hasn't been delivered (2 weeks ago!) and the cheque wasn't cashed. I have managed to persuade them to send my statements out to me over the phone though, and they've taken £5 from my account, so all is well there. What I need to know, for the Prelim letter and the LBA, should I address it to anyone, or any department in particular, or simply to Halifax PLC?

Thanks in advance

Hi mamkin

I addressed mine to Customer Relations at the Trinity Road address and they got it OK.

Good luck:D

Prelim Sent -27/02/07....

Response Letter rec'd -13/03/07....

LBA Sent -15/03/07...

Court claim due-30/03/07

Offer received(10p/cent short)-declined for full amount-28/03/07

Success FULL 6yr amount offered-29/03/07:D

........not yet received because they want me to accept conditions!!:(

Hi all

Been going through some statements with my friend that arrived today. From April 2001 until April 2003, give or take a month here and there, there has been a £5 charge (charges as notified) taken from her account. She didn't notice it being taken each month, and certainly wasn't notified about it! As far as we can see, the only time a £5 charge is applied is when a copy of a cheque or a duplicate statement has been requested. neither of which she had.

She's just made a lengthy call to the Halifax to query what these were. And......they had no idea either and were putting a call through to the business centre to investigate further.

Has anybody else noticed these charges on their account?

Like all the Halifax need right now is untrustworthy staff lol :-)

Not worried about it. Just find it amusing that not only have the 'banks' been ripping us off, but it's possible the individual employees have too! The woman on the phone sounded 'very' concerned over it.

How many did you have showing?

Hmm. I wonder how many of us have had these mystery charges applied.

Just out of interest....did yours run for a certain period? My friends started in April 2001 and ended just as suddenly in April 2003.

Well the Halifax don't know what they're for either. The only £5 charges they apply are for copies of cheques or duplicate statements. And it's the same period as my friends got taken. I think maybe we're being robbed from all quarters here!

God I am so annoyed!

17th Feb SAR sent

27th Feb Phone call stating they'd manually request the statements for me instead and NOT cash the cheque should they receive it after. And they wouldn't charge me at this time for the statements either.

1st March £5 taken from account.

9th March £10 cheque cashed (my fathers name, TSB)

Today - Statements received from 1999 - Feb 2002 (no charges on these. The last 3 years are where they are)

Another phone call. Said they'll 'order' me the missing statements now but they'll take up to 10 days.

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!

Hi mamakin.

Exactly the same position as you. This must be a tactic of theirs.

I ordered mine and got them 1 1/2 months later. realised while looking through they had omitted 1 1/2 years worth of statements. the statements show a blip between lines. So angery. And its well past the 40 day limit now.

I phoned like you did and was tolf they would be ordered manually. That was three days ago so I will wait until Monday before phoning them again.

Not good enough. If no action taken this week then I will report them.

You should as well

Halifax Current Account - £90 won back (Feb 23rd)

Halifax Credit Card - Statement back £200 charged

Halifax Electron - Req.statements 15th Jan not arrived

Barclays - Ready to request statements

Capital One - About to request statements

It's annoying because once the statements are in your hand, the timescale is set then and they have no control over it. But until then.....if you don't have the statements, you can't request the charges back.

And I agree, this is just their latest stalling tactic whilst their legal boffins try and find the elusive loophole they need.

"Is this not the information you requested then?" I was asked.

Oh yeah, check my account, see the £3000+ charges you've taken between 2004 and now and it's completely understandable that I'd only request up til 2002!

God, I could have screamed when I'd finished opening them this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just an update. More for myself than for anything else :-)

SAR sent 17th Feb and completely ignored.

Statements received on 14th March after ordering over the phone, with a £5 charge. (I am impatient)

£10 cheque then cashed from SAR (but still no letter to acknowledge this)

Prelim sent 15th March requesting £1841.00 plus £487.22 overdraft interest.

Hi there fellow Halifax victims.

I thought I was paranoid until I came to this site. I have been trying to get my back-dated statements since about August last year. I paid the 10 data-protection charge, and have since made 7 phone calls to get statements, usually with a wait of about three weeks between, I have always been given something with some dates omitted. They sent me a huge envelope Tuesday, I flicked through and realised they have "Magically Forgotten" all of 2003.

Gits!!

Bank of Scotland don't appear to have a set tactic on this front and I wouldn't expect Halifax to be any different.

My sister sent her letter asking for the list of charges along with a £10 postal order on a Friday to her local branch. By the Tuesday she had a letter from an office in Leeds returning the postal order and promising to send her the charges list within 10 working days. Sure enough, 9 working days later she received the last 3 years worth and the preceding 3 years arrived the following day. She replied 2 weeks ago asking for the money (circa 2.5k) and has today recieved a letter stating that they have 8 weeks to look into it due to complaint procedure regulations.......

In comparison, I sent the letter asking for the charge details, including a £10 postal order, to my local branch about 5 miles from hers, and have had no response whatsoever. Both letters were sent recorded delivery, the only difference was that she had crossed the postal order making it difficult for her to get the money back anyway. When I saw they had returned hers I didn't cross mine. I expect my charges to be close to double hers so perhaps the amount defines their response.

If they think delaying will put us off they are sorely mistaken! Good luck to all of you.

Standard delay tatics, most do the same, they have so many claims now they will be under instructions to slow any way possible.

When you do receive them, you may even find that they have shuffled them just to be helpful.

Stick to the timescales

Sharkie

5 threads merged

please keep to the one thread for each claim.This is for your benefit as you will get a much more informed reply if people can see all what you have done so far

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

17th Feb SAR sent

27th Feb Phone call stating they'd manually request the statements for me instead and NOT cash the cheque should they receive it after. And they wouldn't charge me at this time for the statements either.

1st March £5 taken from account.

9th March £10 cheque cashed (my fathers name, TSB)

Today - Statements received from 1999 - Feb 2002 (no charges on these. The last 3 years are where they are)

Another phone call. Said they'll 'order' me the missing statements now but they'll take up to 10 days.

13th March Missing statements arrived

24th March A further set of statements arrived (SAR ordered ones I presume)

24th March 'We're sorry to hear you're unhappy letter' arrived

24th March LBA sent

Hi mamakin

Not trying to be funny but arnt u supposed to send the prelim letter before the LBA? Only reason i ask is that i have just calculated all my charges after receiving all my statements.

Cheers

Willo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6234 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks