Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by change-it

  1. Feel a bit lost-have to find something else to do now that its all over. Thanks for that--'doh' never noticed it before-.......DONATION MADE. Thanks again for your help and support George and to all on this site-couldn't have done it otherwise. Lynn
  2. elkay have a look at my thread. change-itvhalifax(scotland) I had no problems with claiming ...just 2 letters and then a full offer...................................UNTIL they had to pay out and thats when I contacted FOS. They only look into it once the bank have given you their final offer and there has been an 8 week period since you first contacted the bank. So i would carry on with the procedures and timescales on here. I am in Scotland and claimed over £2000 and 6 years!! Hope this helps
  3. Thats what i would do too-in the offer letter does it not give you 8 weeks to get back to them anyway? They have kept you waiting so you can keep them waiting for another week. Then hopefully your statements will be here.Sounds like they DO know you are due much more of YOUR money back.
  4. EVENTUALLY money paid into bank and now I can say.......................... donation on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin: Surprise Surprise (sarcasm), just after FOS had written to them and just in time NOT to pay me interest.!!! No spending spree but....... NO overdraft for me any more.Yippee. Thanks ever so much for your help and support George.Unfortunately nothing more to go for but I will be sticking around and fingers crossed for you. Lynn:)
  5. George That is my intention but she didn't ask for an amount.probably because I haven't filled in the complaint form yet.It's due later this week. Today is halifax 14 days from receiving my letter of acceptance so I'm going to send a fax letting them know I want interest too. Letter came from FOS today(that was quick) stating that they have written to them so I really think I should see the money soon so they dont have to pay the interest. Lynn
  6. George, Phoned rachel.She said I had to wait 8 weeks after my initial letter to Halifax to complain to FOS, which will be next week. She is going to write to them and also send me the complaint form. I have to write to Halifax asking if this is their final decision (that there are conditions)and they should send a letter saying, sorry but yes, and to contact FOS within... (6 months? I think she said )if i was unhappy. Which we know they won't! Sod's Law!.If they pay out now (which I think they will) within the next week I'm going to lose out on interest! Think i just got someone on a bad day the last time because this girl was really helpful. Thanks for your help again. Keep you posted Lynn
  7. Just an update, Still waiting on money-after telling Halifax I was continuing claim. Also, phoned FOS a couple of days ago who told me to go to Citizens Advice?!
  8. Good on you,hopefully not be long now, and you'll get interest!! ..(Probably too much work for the clerks these days.)
  9. Well done mamakin Its £1833 more than you'd ever think you'd have a few months ago. I feel the same way too,but sadly mine has a place to go so no spending spree for me(that is when i ever get it!)
  10. Hi JJ Do you mean 16 April LBA is up? Just carry on with court when the 14 days are up.
  11. I was offered full amount of claim but Halifax won't pay out now because I sent them a 'no -conditions' letter, so am I right in that FOS is the best way forward?( and hopefully interest on top.) Although I'd love to say there won't be any more charges from now on.........I know me!
  12. Hi Tweedtech Not seen you around.Nice wedding? I also had an offer from halifax and I sent them my own letter back saying would accept but no conditions,now they wont pay the money out as they want their own acceptance letter back!I too have had more charges since i started this.I'm thinking of going to FOS now.
  13. Thanks George I'm going to go FOS,I'll have to read up on that now,hadn't bothered much as I THOUGHT I was done and dusted!And yes ,feels like they are playing games, oh here you are but if we slap charges left right and centre you can't claim them back. Am really annoyed.
  14. Hi dandy, Im waiting on money too-phoned today and she says it could take up to the full 14days! Then discovered they won't pay the money in because i didnt send them the acceptance letter that they gave me.I had written my own because i said it was full and final for these dates only! I really dont know when they were going to let me know the money wasnt being paid in. So it looks like Court or FOS for me now!
  15. Thanks George I knew it was too good to be true. Looks like a long wait now.Wonder when they were going to let me know?!
  16. Well, Phoned Halifax to get an indication as to when money would be in account to be told that it wouldn't be!because i hadn't send them their standard acceptance letter back and had sent my own! I said it was because I couldn't say that at any time in the future i would not claim more charges. She said I had to send them their acceptance form before I would get my money!!and accept this as full and final settlement!! No way!
  17. You lucky thing Vebb-you can add the interest now!
  18. good to know they've got your SAR.You feel the ball is rolling now. Hopefully not too long to wait now.
  19. Hi Claire My experience so far with the Halifax has been easy.Sent prelim ..waited 14 days ..sent LBA and had a phone call 2 days before due up with an offer..he just said' hi I'm calling about your charges and we will offer you blah blah'...which amounted to my 5 year claim and I said i was prepared only to take full amount I was due,he called back 8.35 next morning with full amount. Havent received the money yet but he did say it could take 14 days. Hope it goes so easy for you.
  20. Hi chargebuster Did they say why they had put a stop on it? Just stick to your timescales.Send your LBA on the 10th if that will be your 14 day deadline.
  21. (Just me they want rid of then! lol:) ) I'll certainly be claiming back any future charges applied as they are still unlawful and yes ,if they say they wont ,well the court might say they have to!
  22. Excellent Dizzy!Think I might try that one. Happy spending:)
  23. You go get em!!( and the extra £30!)You'll get interest now won't you!
  • Create New...