Nice litle earner, Npower !!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3594 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?407619-Npower-Credit-where-it-is-due.&highlight=credit

I gave Npower some praise in October 2013.. the Customer Service rep recognised I was on a wrong tarrif and changed it without too much fuss, or so I thought.

My new monthly Direct Debit would be amended from £72.00 per month, to £68.00 per month according to the Customer Service Rep. Which was a fixed tariff until 2015

On November 1st, 2013, I received a letter from Npower telling me my new monthly direct would be £10.00 !! I did send a letter to Npower asking what on earth was going on, even though they signed for the letter - they declined to respond.

On the due date, the Npower direct debit was requested, for £10.00.

The December payment crept back up to £68.00 which was the original quoted figure.

Not long after that I was advised that my direct debit was going to be increased to £83.00 because my usage had changed - not that much it hadnt, but I assumed it was to do with the hike in power charges that was widely being advertised. So much for the fixed tariff

When checking my bank account yesterday, I noticed there was a credit from Npower in the sum of £79.06p.

Today I received a bill from Npower - it showed the following payments:-

January 2014 @ £68.00

February through to 10 June each month at £83.00

Credit £76.09

On top of which, they say my new Direct Debit will be £61.00 ?

So they have been over charging me by £15.00 per month for the last 5 months, my new bill going forward will be £7.00 less than originally quoted and all based on assumption of usage ?

Meanwhile, each month they have benefited by an extra £15.00 in THEIR bank account.

If you x this by however many customers they have, it must have made their figures look reasonably healthy.

On top of this, there is a little note at the bottom of the bill that tells me if I take out their new tariff until 2016, I could save an extra £16.10 a year.

I am not sure I could cope with more of their easy to understand tarrifs !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No, just electricity. We dont have gas in the village... heating/cooking is via propane gas, electricity or oil.

I have oil heating/water and electricity for cooking and everythign else.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You should write to them, get them to credit the monies back to your account. A lot of their overcharging is deliberate, when they get things wrong they make more profits.

Scottish Power recently, changed the two rate meter to a single rate meter for electricity. Checked the online account at the time, great that was single rate, checked it last week, online account showed two rate meter again.

:thumb:

BCOBS

The funny thing is the two rate meter showed the single rate that the new meter shows, so there was no reason to change it, except they charge £40 to change it to a single rate meter.

Scottish Power initially installed the two rate meter.