planning conditions imposed unfair HELP!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just had front rooms of my house passed to a1. as i live in the town center and there are plenty of shops,small village with about 30 shops parish council being a real pain and have had the below restrictions imposed which seem ridiculous as there are other shops selling the same as each other why should i be so restricted

any help pleas

Following your visit to County Hall earlier today, I have checked further into the outcome of the Committee Meeting yesterday and an additional condition was imposed by Members to be included within the Notice of Decision.

The additional condition will specify that the retail element will be limited to the wedding business only and no other retail use and can only occupy the front room and it will only be allowed to be run by the occupiers of No. 77.

Members felt that if any other retail use were to occupy the premises it could have a detrimental impact on adjacent properties and the area in general.

Kind Regards

:evil:

Hi ddarren

Welcome to CAG

A 'wedding business', that's a bit restrictive, what business did you want to open?

There must be some sort of appeal process.

Your local Standards Committee (usually run by whichever local council collects your council tax) should consider your complaint.

hi

barmy parish council from the start objected,then i started to attend regular council meetings,and the next report was they approved the application,but when it went to committee the local council put the restrictions on ,highways,conservation officer and planning all aproved as well,spoke to senior planning officer about appealing and he said he will submit it to a committee again,so really unsure whats going on as all seems ridiculous

hi

wanted it to be awedding and gift shop ,ie seosanal gifts cards etc,but maybe one day didnt want to carry on at least i would be able to rent it out but they say we can only run it,planning officer said they put that restriction so i wasn't able to make it into somethings like greggs the bakers (lots of customers) parking etc even though there is plenty of parking.

part of councils letter

Concerns have been raised by the Town Council regarding delivery vehicles causing obstruction and

the implications that this form of use could have a detrimental impact on the residential amenities

for local residents.

The site is located within the heart of the town centre where many commercial premises do not have

the benefit of off street parking facilities, where staff, customers and deliveries rely on the use

of local parking provision within the town centre. This site is no different in this respect. The

juxtaposition of residential properties and commercial premises is a characteristic of the town

centre and is an aspect promoted at both national and local level. In fact, Policy 57 of the ERLP

promotes retail development where this will enhance the vitality and viability of town centres,

creating economic benefits in terms of employment and visitor spending. For the reasons stated

within this report, it is considered that the principle of partially converting the dwelling to

retail use would not harm the amenities of the neighbouring properties, its location within the

defined shopping area of the town is not inappropriate in terms of expected vehicle movements and

in this respect would not cause demonstrable harm to the amenities of the area.

The proposed use as a retail unit in this location reflects the general mix of residential and

commercial properties and in this respect, the form of use proposed is not considered to harm the

surrounding properties. Whilst the use as a retail unit could potentially generate more visitors to

the property, this would not be unusual in this town centre location where it is expected that

customers would use the public parking bays or car parks within the town centre and walk to the

property. The Highways Officer does not have any objections to the proposal from a highway safety

aspect providing the land to the rear of the dwelling is not used as additional parking. The

property is within the defined shopping area and as such a retail use would not conflict with the

planning policies for this area.

Edited by ddarren

Sounds to me like Planning officer knows if you went to "appeal" you would get what you want.

You are allowed to sell associated goods such as balloons, cards, "hen night/ stag night" items.

I would insist on going to appeal. ... Your new business could bring more business to the baker (if they do wedding cakes).

Car hire, hotels etc.

I would do some serious research, see what else you could set up which is going to be different and draw people in and be profitable. What about displaying / selling local art, Paintings, pottery, etc