Credit scoring in application for rental property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My husband and I have been given 2 months notice to find somewhere else to live by our landlord, as they want to sell the house.

We've applied for a house we like through an estate agents - we've applied in both our names and paid £42 each for the credit check.

My question is, well more of a concern really... we both have a REALLY bad credit score, we are in debt to multiple credit card companies etc though we have very recently put repayment arrangements in place with them.

I have a CCJ but I made the estate agent aware of this and they cleared it with the landlord of the property we've applied for. She doesn't have a problem with it.

So what I'd like to know is - is the credit check done to check our credit score? Or just to check that we don't have any CCJ's or other things that we didn't declare in our application?

Thanks

Steady on. They are not getting your credit scores. They are getting an overview of your credit history.

Stuff like Bankruptcy, CCJs and defaults will show up.

Payment history will not. They will not "credit score" you.

You already did the legwork by getting your CCJ agreed. Unless you missed out a CCJ or a default you will pass the "credit check".

And that you don't have big skeletons in your financial closet.

Be grateful that they haven't asked you to produce your own credit search. Most people would take the whole printout in to be scanned and stored (probably contravening the Data Protection Act).