Customer Compliance Interview

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can someone help with this please/

I got a letter today from DWP asking for me to go to a interview because my circumstances may have changed and to ensure my payments are correct.

It goes on to say I agreed to tell them immediately if the circumstances relating to my benefit entitlement changed, IT HAS NOT!

It then goes on to say an unreported change in circumstances any over payment will have to be paid back and further I may be liable for financial penalties .

Anyone advise please TIA

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Anyone, really worried now as heard it could be for fraud? I have not worked or claimed for anything not supposed to have, always took in "fit" "sick" note for Sandy as requested, have phoned them but no-one answered apart form a machine,had to leave a message

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

My housemate received an invitation for one of these next week.

Best advice I can give is to take in copies/print out of your bank statements and all correspondence you have. Take a copy of your tenancy etc. If its fraud it could only be housing benefit, council tax benefit, ESA etc

If you have not changed circumstances, moved or worked then I don't think there's much to worry about. I could be wrong though. Someone with more experience should be able to help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Possibly a random selection from a group of people

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

we only get JSA, housing benefit and council tax help, we pay bedroom tax and some towards the council tax. I have not worked at all, been looking for worked and gone for interviews but that is it

the interview is the day before I next sign on, we are due to be paid on Tuesday 20th but will we be paid? we have no money anywhere and rely on JSA for bills etc

Hello Bobcat.

Compliance is part of the DWP and you've posted in the employment forum. I'll move this thread to the benefits section where more people may have advice for you in addition to the guys here who have replied.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

thank you HB

the interview is the day before I next sign on, we are due to be paid on Tuesday 20th but will we be paid? we have no money anywhere and rely on JSA for bills etc

Yes, you should be paid as normal. Most Compliance interviews are routine and nothing to worry about.

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

thanks atone,

quick question, are DWP/JOB CENTRE allowed to access your bank details? If so how would they do it ? we do on line banking so do not get statements but they have asked me to take one to the interview, think mainly to verify my name/address, also have to take ID

quick question, are DWP/JOB CENTRE allowed to access your bank details? If so how would they do it ? we do on line banking so do not get statements but they have asked me to take one to the interview, think mainly to verify my name/address, also have to take ID

As a general rule, no, most DWP staff can't access your bank account. There may be a few exceptions, specifically fraud investigators. Even they can't just access your bank account whenever they feel like it - they need to have a good reason. The Compliance officer who conducts your interview will not be able to see your bank details. That's why they ask for statements.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

well seems it is about a £44 a year payment I get from a pension I closed, they think I am getting the £44 every month, how they know about this have no idea!, was told you are supposed to declare it? never been told this before now got to take in the documents re this

Just wondered if it is all right to print off bank statements or do you have to get them direct from the bank?

The bank will charge you, you could send a SAR, that would cost £10, I'd be tempted to print them off. It is disappointing that they think you get paid £44 a month. Almost laughable.

Just wondered if it is all right to print off bank statements or do you have to get them direct from the bank?

yes that is what we thought, rebel, they have not really said how long they want the statements to go back for but I have printed of the one that shows the payment of £44, also printed some more up to date onees off to show we only get JSA, will print some more off neare the time, fingers crossed we get our JSA tomorrow as got a stack of bills to pay

wish me luck, am dreading it tbh, am I likely to be sanctioned? I have the letter from Aviva stating it is only £44 a year I get and not £44 a month, have printed of up to date bank statements and will print of one before Wednesday as well, I sign on the following day so all expense to me

You'll be fine, you don't need luck, I bet they are embarrassed.

wish me luck, am dreading it tbh, am I likely to be sanctioned? I have the letter from Aviva stating it is only £44 a year I get and not £44 a month, have printed of up to date bank statements and will print of one before Wednesday as well, I sign on the following day so all expense to me

You won't be sanctioned. They'll take copies of your evidence and if necessary, make adjustments to your benefit. These won't be big adjustments over £44 a year.

Ask if they will cover your travel expenses to the interview.

hi , is it right and legal that they can access your bank accounts? if so how? you get told never give your bank details/pin number to anyone so surely it is against the law to do this?

I ask this as is say you have been given PPI back and it goes into your account are you supposed to tell them? will they stop your JSA etc, sorry but to me your bank account is secret. all wrong

I go tomorrow for this meeting and got the paper work from the pension people for all of £44 a year lol

Compliance officers can't access your bank accounts, nor can the vast majority of DWP staff. Certain authorised fraud investigators can do so, under very limited circumstances, if they can show that they have a good reason to believe that fraud may be taking place.

thanks for all the support/advice, had my meeting and it went well, the officer even chuckled at the fact it is £44 a year!

Only one thing to ask, were you offered tea and biscuits?

thanks for all the support/advice, had my meeting and it went well, the officer even chuckled at the fact it is £44 a year!