Do lenders contact employers/are they allowed to?

Nottingham2013
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If it is for a large amount of money or a secured loan, then yes. If it is for a small sum, then really theres no reason at all for them to contact the employer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Some creditors are allowed and will contact an employer. Like i said, if it is for a large amount of money or a mortgage, a lot of lenders will contact the employer to confirm the payslip details, as payslips can easily be forged, as well as a lot of companies providing payslips online only.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They should do yes. Usually something like " As part of our procedures, your employer may be contacted in order to verify the information you have provided to us."

They cant simply contact them with no info to you.