style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guess what !!! it's Matthew Leech!

If I have found the correct Linkedin for him. He is noted as a Legal Fee Earner. Makes you think that BW Legal are just set up to service the requirements of DCA's such as Lowells.

I just searched the Law Society website and could not find BW Legal listed. Do they actually have Solicitors listed ? Are the owned by a DCA ? There does not appear to be any info about who owns them or who their senior people are.

Edit. Actually they are listed on the Law Society website and they have one Solicitor who is registered. They are owned by a Sean Barton and appear from linkedin to employ people that have been employed with other DCA's in debt litigation.

Edited by unclebulgaria67

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't need to submit your costs as yet, these will need to be in court at least 24 hours before the hearing, I would normally advise people to take in the documents to court (ORIGINAL DEMAND - take some copies) 6.4 (set aside) and 6.5 (witness statement) + documents quoted in the witness statement. There is a thread here that will assist you with the costs - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?327997-Statutory-Demand-from-Hamptons-Legal-WON-STAT-DEMAND-DISMISSED/page2&highlight=hamptons

Thanks for that, When I take the SD to court why do I need to take copies I am sorry if that is a silly question but I have no Idea what to expect, or who to give it t o I have never been in a court before,

I am starting to panic a bit the date the sd came into my hands was the 30/01/13 so I need to get this in this week I was going to take it thursday as i have a day off but i need to get it ready i have done some of it and will do the rest of it , what happens then will I have to wait to hear from the court?

Take the documents into court but please keep paper copies of everything. And yes you must stick to the deadlines. You should hear back from the court within 2 months. Once again I will say that when this is over, and you know more about this company and read more threads you will start getting really angry at the way you have been treated, it is all about empowerment, there are plenty of others in situations similar to yourself. Be strong about it and don't be bullied....

If you receive a stat demand from BW then it isn't an empty threat they have instructions to take it all the way through and in reality are incentivised to do so due to the costs they can rack up if a bankruptcy order is made, this is particularly relevant if you have a property with equity in it.

Most Law Firms / DCA's work on commission now pre bankruptcy order so you could make the argument that the financial incentives for them are to make people bankrupt due to the recipricol nature of the industry as they have more currency to give out to the IP's they represent in other areas, plus the costs schedule they put in are far greater than the percentage recovery they make on the face value of the debt and rarely challenged by the Trustee in Bankruptcy.

Follow all the advice given, demand paperwork, apply to set this aside and in the unlikely event they get their ducks in a row and defeat your application send in an I&E and make a monthly offer which will be accepted due to the risk averse nature of their client, if they dont accept it email the Lowell Directors direct and complain.

• Haha 1

You will receive acknowledgement from the court reasonably swiftly with a court date.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It would be in your best interest to, if it actually gets that far.

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just had an Email from M LEECH asking me to ring him, thats after he emailed me to say he wont deal with me by Email!!

Hmm, now I wonder what he wants.. might be wise to wait and let those advising you give some scenarios.. you are going to have to be very focussed if you are going to speak to them on the telephone.

BCOBS

Send this email back.

Dear Sir

Many thanks for you email (dated).

For the record I will only communicate by writing. I do not think that this is an unreasonable request bearing in mind the circumstances.

Yours faithfully

Thanks I will have a read and start to get some information together , I have got a copy of statements with last payment on it, is there anything else I should be doing?

Hi guys advice needed please Had a letter from lowells. saying we can confirm on our records that you acknowledged the account by making a payment by cheque on the 05/03/2008 therefore the ilmitation act is not applicable in your case., I am 99% sure that I made no payment. I have been through correspondence and have found letters from red debt collection dated 11/03/2008 stating you have so far failed to respond to the statutory demand or entered into a payment plan. and then another letter from red dated 28/03/2008 stating that the time limit set by the court for reponding to the SD has now expired you must call and arrange repayment blah blah blah. theese letters are from Red Dca . Lowells didnt evan have the debt at that time I am unsure what to do now? Lowells have said that any future correspondence be sent to BW legal. we trust this clairifies the situation.

are you able to check your cheque stubs/history. if not perhaps could ask them, to expedite, to forward copy of their proof records?

crossed post! :)

Edited by Ford

Looks like I may have made a payment as on the previous SD issued on 26/02/2008..the outstanding amount is 3645.38 and on the latest it is 3630.38 so it looks like I am stuffed on the statue barr rule. I am just so confused as the correspondence is from RED I may have panicked and made an arrangement but I dont know who with