Domestic an General and boiler issues!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i feel like i am over a barrell? how can i have a new boiler installed and it doesnt come with a manufacturers warranty?

and if i dont take their cover then i am stuck?

not to mention that i lose the money that was offered in the first place and that i cannot offset it agaisnt the cost of the install? according to Baxi the money offered just sits there?

i have a rotten headache, and i just need this sorted. i simply dont have £1000+ and i cannot afford to get into more debt, just hung out to dry i feel we are

Latest is that the surveyor has been out today and told me that to install a new boiler will cost £982 (but that is including VAT!! - yay...)

the boiler that we have been told that we will be getting is a Baxi Duo Tech 33 HEA - I have dome some research and it seems that this boiler is full of faults and has not had one positive review!

Help....

will Baxi fit a worcester?

No they won't.

I can't see a problem with the Baxi. It should come with a warranty for a minimum of 12 months and then you can take out breakdown or further warranty, if you wish to do so. I have not see any bad reviews for the specific boiler. This should be the up to date model and not the same that had problems a few years back.

Personally I think if you can get a brand new boiler installed for less than £1k, it is a pretty good deal. What can you buy for £1k these days. When they install the new boiler, they will have to take out the old system, which is probably going to take a half a day. They will have to put in different pipework for the new boiler, with different controls, so I expect it could take a couple of days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have checked the quote, and they want money upfront! not to mention this is no flush of the existing system - cant help feeling like I am being had over.

I have also been told that by agreeing to have this installation i that forgo the manf warranty whcih is 7 years parts and labour and i have to stay with D&G who I have to pay to cover the boiler?

please can someone tell me if i am going nuts? but i didnt think that another company can invalidate a warranty provided by a manufacturer?!

They're fobbing you off.

In what part of the country are you?

My friend is a gas safe engineer and he once had a brass adaptor custom built to fix an old boiler for someone with no much money.

Maybe your leaking manifold can be replaced with a custom built piece.

I'm no expert in boilers, so possibly I'm talking rubbish, but worth a try rather than dig yourself into debts.

Also, a few years ago I got a clutch extractor for my bike built by my local steel workshop.

It was an hollow big bolt with a reversed thread and made to size washers.

that's just to say that metal parts can be built, so some hope for you.

I have checked the quote, and they want money upfront! not to mention this is no flush of the existing system - cant help feeling like I am being had over.

I have also been told that by agreeing to have this installation i that forgo the manf warranty whcih is 7 years parts and labour and i have to stay with D&G who I have to pay to cover the boiler?

please can someone tell me if i am going nuts? but i didnt think that another company can invalidate a warranty provided by a manufacturer?!

Phone the citizens advice trading standards helpline on 08454 040506. I am pretty sure that Baxi would have to offer a minimum of a 12 month warranty on a new boiler in this situation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 9 months later...

Domestic and General !!!! NO NO NO NO don't use them.

Took out a policy on a 2 year old washer..... mmm the washer door lock worked, all lights on the front worked and it drained ok, just it wouldn't spin, simple fix eh???

O no it's not! after 7 Engineers visits :mad2: and 2 months of waiting and 10 visits the the cleaners at a cost of £13 per visit (£130) NOTHING WORKS!!.

I've put in high level complaint both with the Engineers and D & G.

D & G have now said " ok we couldn't fix it so we will right it off" I said what about compensation for all the trouble we had to go through. They said pay us £200 and we will replace the washer and that's it go away!!! But you've caused more damage to this washer. NOT OUR PROBLEM. Have a go at the Engineers...... But Mr D & G THEY WORK FOR YOU STUPID.

Can anyone help us?? I want to take this further.

Gary...