1st assessment, help appreciated!

gazmix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok thanks, do you mean a letter of reply's i will have as i know that my mind goes blank when i panic. I can take a piece of paper in there with things written to help me.

I'm panicking about if i fail & i'm put on JSA, i will have to go to the jobcenter to show i'm looking & applying for jobs when i can't do anything like that. Because atos were wrong.

I spend a lot of time at my family, but i do have a flat that io want to eventually move in to. I go there some good days & come back. Should i mention this. Part of my anxiety is living at home, but i can't be on my own yet?

First things first.

You have the assessment and wait for the outcome

If needed you ask for a reconsideration , the only issue is that unless you sign on for JSA you get no money during that time however I believe that if you then go on to appeal your payments are backdated but I stand to be corrected.

If you go onto appeal you stay on ESA but only at the assessment rate until your appeal is heard which takes rather a long time

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

ok so i get option for mandatory reconsideration in the letter telling me if i have passed or failed? Do i chose this or just go straight to appeal? I guess it will all be in the letter. Also as it's different, i don't have to notify housing benefit?

thanks

Hello Gaz.

My understanding is that you can't bypass the mandatory consideration because it's mandatory. If that doesn't decide in your favour, then you go to appeal.

I don't know about the HB bit, hopefully someone will confirm that and also if I've understood the mandatory consideration/appeal bit.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I think you would need to notify HB but as your income will be essentially nil for the time it takes them it shouldn't make a difference.

Best thing , if you can, is wait for the letter and then talk to them if needed as well as the council. Thinking what if does not help anyone , not that I take that advice

Yes i agree Fletch am sorry, just anxious. T-minus 4 hours to go now. All i can do is take all your advice & leemack's post which i've read a million times & hopefully i'll get a nicer person than the one my ex got. I'll wait till i get the letter & then go to the council. Losing my flat would be the final heap of dirt on my coffin.

Hi & thanks honeybee. It was nothing like i thought it may be or anything like the one i went to with my partner. The Atos worker was lovely & reassuring that she will get me on this benefit i deserve, she said she suffered anxiety too. She was also being genuine, making gags about the noisy street outdoor & if i wanted the window closing. I recall the one i went to with my partner, he was clicking boxes on the computer all the time, hence the formulaic, cold way i expected. It was just half an hour of layed back talking about anxiety & only minimal questions. I did a lot of talking & spoke thoroughly. I couldn't believe when she said it was over... Just a few things though. She knew about my additional stress last year concerning my dads heart attack, so she's read the esa50, as that's the only place i mentioned this, i also mentioned in the esa50 about my flat, that i had it for my future when i'm ready, slowly building up to what i need to be. She didn't mention this & i think that was on purpose to see if i mentioned it!!! I wanted to but didn't if that makes sense.

People are still interested and I am glad it went ok. I guess that as you are now waiting for the result people didn't think there was a question in there or anything they could say. I found the next stage the worst, waiting for the result but that is just me. Let us know what the result is and people can advise if there is anything you need to do....it could be that you get placed in WRAG and you want to know why etc.

I have been placed in WRAG and I have asked to see not only the medical report but also the decision makers report. From that I will decide if there is any point in asking for a reconsideration.

Thanks, i will let you know, she actually told me that she would recommend me for the benefit. It went so well i think there is a sting in the tail. Sorry for late reply, i usually get email notifications.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if i should start a new thread about my results, let me know if so but here goes.

Along with the medical being totally different to the one my partner went to some years back, so is the results/letter process. Hers was a list of what each point stood for & whether or not she had scored that point, also a list of the points.

Mine was just a letter telling me that my claim for ESA has changed, my allowance has gone up a few £ & that i'm being transferred from WRAG to Support allowance!

I was in shock by how it went. I've been wondering if after they had their contract stopped, they've been told to work in a different way. The one i went to with my partner was a structured question & answer. The lady who was my examiner even spoke of her anxiety that she suffered from & told me that she would make sure in her report that i would get what i deserve, nothing like how i heard ATOS were! I hope that the way i was received is nationwide & that i wasn't just lucky!

I had my assessment yesterday tbh the lady was lovely to me and asked all questions relevant to my condition pulling some of the information from my ESA50 and confirming it with me. I had home visit only lasted about 10 minutes before she said I'm going to stop it there I can see you are not coping and that I will do my best with your report for you. So hopefully I get the good news you did