EON Gas Bill - HIGH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im lost for options now and this has resulted in seeking help online as E-On are just unbelievable.

I live in a small 3 bed house from the past 4 years and around 1.5 - 2 years ago my boiler starts coming up with error (E34). In the past year alone i think E-On engineer has come to resolve the issue 5/7 times. In this time the gas bill has increased. My average bills are between 200-400 per bill and there is no way we are using this much and in fact we have started using less yet the bills have increased.

There is no one at home during the day time and when we all get home we put the heating on and within 10/15 min the error comes up and the boiler/gas continues to run but there is no hot water nor heating in the house. To reset the message i have to turn off the boiler and turn it on again but there again it will work for 10/15 mins and the error will come up again. Sometimes i wont notice the error and realize this when im using the water. This would result to an hour of gas usage to the property but no hot water or heating.

Today, when the engineer came out i told him the same problem i have told 101 time to engineers and the customer service dept. He then advised me that the boiler is missing a part!!!! How the hell can this get missed by the previous engineers. Based on this he turn off the gas supply as it wasnt safe and i agreed with him. Once he turned the gas off he checked the gas supply to the property and to his surprise he said the the meter is still going.

What can i do get someone to look into this as E-On representative say that the gas entered to the property so i have to pay for it. Why should i pay for something that i didn't use and feel that there is a problem.

Can anyone help??

to right you have a problem

so with the gas T bar valve by the meter in the off position

the meter is still registering use?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Shagufta

Welcome to CAG

We have a couple of good E.ON reps on this site who can look into the matter for you. Helena and Malcolm, they should pick your thread up.

I must say this isn't great on several fronts:-

a) the missing part that's been missed by previous E.ON engineers.

b) their are health & safety issues.

c) the number of visits you've had from engineers.

d) that the meter is ticking when the gas has been switched off.

e) if that is the case, then you have been charged for gas that you haven't used.

f) you should be due a hefty refund for the period that this has been going on.

Have I missed anything out?

Thanks for replying Rebel11 and dx100uk, yes these are the main points.

I have called them several times and their approach is 'the gas has been used so the bills are correct'. We don't use the gas that much and its small house not a 10 bed ancient house.

Yes, the engineer turned off the gas and mentioned that the meter is still going.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?281738-E.ON-Company-Rep-Helena

Thanks for replying Rebel11 and dx100uk, yes these are the main points.

I have called them several times and their approach is 'the gas has been used so the bills are correct'. We don't use the gas that much and its small house not a 10 bed ancient house.

Yes, the engineer turned off the gas and mentioned that the meter is still going.

Morning,

I'm sorry I've been out of the office for a few days.

This sounds a horrid situation to be in Shagufta and I'm so sorry.

I really wish I could help you with this, but we've sold the central heating care part of the business, it's now called Home Energy Services.

The new owners sent everyone a letter last year to let them know of the changes.

You might see E.ON vans and uniforms for a bit, this is just the transition period.

I advise you to make sure you raise a complaint with them.

I'm afraid there's nothing I can with this.

Helena

It's absolutely shocking that they still use the E.on branding; I had a complaint with them and went to the top of EON just so they knew what shoddy service they are being associated with!

As DX says, turn the gas off at your meter and check whether it is still registering usage - if it is then EON supply need to arrange with National Grid to change the meter. If you can smell gas then call the gas emergency line.

It's absolutely shocking that they still use the E.on branding; I had a complaint with them and went to the top of EON just so they knew what shoddy service they are being associated with!

As DX says, turn the gas off at your meter and check whether it is still registering usage - if it is then EON supply need to arrange with National Grid to change the meter. If you can smell gas then call the gas emergency line.

Agreed, It's not easy when they still have some of the E.ON branding.

We can help if it's not the boiler, metering etc.

Helena

Hi Helena

I think in early in 2013, E.ON Home Energy Services split from E.ON and was renamed Home Energy Services. Profits Home Energy Services make end up with E.ON I think.

Home Energy Services have a E.ON logo stating 'in association with E.ON' on their website.

Hi Shagufta

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain what's happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do, make sure you mention all the points I've listed.

Send it to :-

Christopher McLain

E.ON Energy Solutions Limited

Head of Home Energy Services

Home Energy Services

[email protected]

http://www.homeenergyservices.co.uk/UserFiles/PDFs/Complaints%20procedure%20-%20June%2011.pdf

http://www.homeenergyservices.co.uk/UserFiles /PDFs/Complaints%20Process.pdf

(That's the one with E.ON missing)

Hi Helena

I think in early in 2013, E.ON Home Energy Services split from E.ON and was renamed Home Energy Services. Profits Home Energy Services make end up with E.ON I think.

Home Energy Services have a E.ON logo stating 'in association with E.ON' on their website.

That's right, we did split in 2013 and it became a completely separate business from us as it was bought out. Since that point we don't receive any profits from them.

They have been using our branding and it does show on the website, but this is due to stop and is only for the transition period.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks

Helena