Problem with O2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. My friend is looking for help. He bought mobile phone from O2 on contract in 2012 and they sending him huge bills, now debt collector company is chasing him up and he is trying to sort it all out. I have some of his bills and looks like his tariff was `Bus Lease Premier Single Max` and according to him all phone calls within the UK were included in the plan.

but looking at his billings some were included some not and he was send bills for August over £800, July over £1000, June over £400.

Does anyone have more knowledge about this tariff and what was included in it ? he is looking for his contract, but I did`t see it just yet. He told me that he had unlimited calls in the UK but was charged anyway and that his account was treated as pay and go account even that O2 was sending him bills for it.

hope all above does make sens and someone will be able to help.

thanks

thanks for your response rebel11, it was bought in store and than he changed the tariff over the phone.but I don`t know which tariff was first as I did`t see the contract yet.

You need to get as much info and facts as possible. So the guys can help.

thanks for your response rebel11, it was bought in store and than he changed the tariff over the phone.but I don`t know which tariff was first as I did`t see the contract yet.

You need to get as much info and facts as possible. So the guys can help.
I`m trying to get as much info as possible as I wanna help him get out of this. Do you know what was included in those tariffs in 2012?if there is anything that o2 will have and is needed I can get him to get that info from them.

In 2012, nope, but you might find the answer here, just type in there web address:- https://archive.org/index.php

I`m trying to get as much info as possible as I wanna help him get out of this. Do you know what was included in those tariffs in 2012?if there is anything that o2 will have and is needed I can get him to get that info from them.

Found the details on what type of tariff i believe you are referring to:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/products-and-services/mobile-and-tablets/o2lease

And have found the associated terms and conditions for them here:

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/business-inclusive-minute-tariff-terms-17-february-2014.pdf

The point that i would draw your attention to is point 2 on the pdf (the 2nd link above) which talks about Inclusive Minutes and Call Charges:

Inclusive Minutes on Tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK to: standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services (but not call forwarding services - international phonecards, etc).

Inclusive minutes cannot be used for calls made in the UK to: non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05), non-standard or ‚special‛ 07 numbers, premium rate and directory enquiries, plus some other categories.

What sort of calls has he been charged for? I'm assuming that it will show on the itemised part of his bill? (and i'm going to guess that these are calls that fall into the 'not inclusive' category above?)

I have his billing for September and October as well and there is no charges on it at all.

all those charges that he is disputing are for number that starting with 07, some 075, 079, 078, 077 all sort of numbers.

if it was about number 08 I would know the answer but it is about call to numbers 07 :(

On one of the bills they call the tariff `Bus Lease Premier+ Single Max` instead of Bus Lease Premier Single Max can that be a case?

I`m thinking it maybe that for few months he had free calls in O2 and that free calls to any numbers. could that be a case?

I have his billing for September and October as well and there is no charges on it at all.

all those charges that he is disputing are for number that starting with 07, some 075, 079, 078, 077 all sort of numbers.

if it was about number 08 I would know the answer but it is about call to numbers 07 :(

Which 079 ?

For example 07958 is "charge band fm3" and is a UK mobile (originally on t-mobile, now part of EE with what was Orange)

http://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/uk-mobile-phones/646-landline-mobile-charge-bands.html

fm1 is O2 mobile, fm3 T-mobile (/ three), fm4 Orange, fm5 Voda

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets2/BusinessRedesign/O2_Pricing%20Information_LandlineCalls_October_2009.pdf

I can't speak to what charge bands O2 applied on that tarrif, but you can see BT's and Virgin Media's bands for each 07 prefix (for their landline services) which could be a start at least :

http://www.bt.com/pricing/current/Call_Charges_boo/1631_d0e5.htm#1631-d0e5

http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/010214_Non_Geo_V2.pdf

BazzaS 07956, 07970, 07979, 07966, 07958, 07920,

there was no charges to numbers 07917, 07925,

link to o2 website does`t work :( `Oops. We can't find the page you're after`

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets2/BusinessRedesign/O2_PricingInformation_LandlineCalls_October_2009.pdf

Damn .... Still doesn't work.

Google "o2 landline calls corporate pricing information" and it's the 6th down

07956 : fm3

07970 : fm4

07979 : fm5

07966 : fm4

07958 : fm3

07920 : fm5

07917 :fm5

07925 : fm1

I can't guarantee O2 won't say "but we charge to those numbers" but if they appeared to the user to be mobile numbers that were included and they weren't warned on calling them they would be chargeable ......

Were any of them "GSM-> call through" numbers where people had connected a SIM or mobile to a call-through? As the networks did clamp down on calls to such ?

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets2/BusinessRedesign/O2_PricingInformation_LandlineCalls_October_2009.pdf

Damn .... Still doesn't work.

Google "o2 landline calls corporate pricing information" and it's the 6th down

07956 : fm3

07970 : fm4

07979 : fm5

07966 : fm4

07958 : fm3

07920 : fm5

07917 :fm5

07925 : fm1

I can't guarantee O2 won't say "but we charge to those numbers" but if they appeared to the user to be mobile numbers that were included and they weren't warned on calling them they would be chargeable ......

Were any of them "GSM-> call through" numbers where people had connected a SIM or mobile to a call-through? As the networks did clamp down on calls to such ?

They not call through numbers. He is running one person business and those numbers are his customers numbers. what could be done with this? He was trying get this resolved through the O2 shop but they were of little help.

Found the details on what type of tariff i believe you are referring to:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/products-and-services/mobile-and-tablets/o2lease

And have found the associated terms and conditions for them here:

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/termsandconditions/business-inclusive-minute-tariff-terms-17-february-2014.pdf

The point that i would draw your attention to is point 2 on the pdf (the 2nd link above) which talks about Inclusive Minutes and Call Charges:

Inclusive Minutes on Tariffs can be used for calls made in the UK to: standard UK landlines (starting 01, 02 or 03); and 07 numbers allocated to UK mobile network operators that provide mobile services (but not call forwarding services - international phonecards, etc).

Inclusive minutes cannot be used for calls made in the UK to: non-geographic numbers (starting 08, 05), non-standard or ‚special‛ 07 numbers, premium rate and directory enquiries, plus some other categories.

What sort of calls has he been charged for? I'm assuming that it will show on the itemised part of his bill? (and i'm going to guess that these are calls that fall into the 'not inclusive' category above?)

They not call through numbers. He is running one person business and those numbers are his customers numbers. what could be done with this? He was trying get this resolved through the O2 shop but they were of little help.

Write (by recorded delivery letter), to the customer service dept. listed on the bill.

List the prefixes charged for above, and their charge bands, and say that you believe those calls are to 07 numbers belonging to UK mobile networks that aren't 'special' 07 numbers, nor call through services, that they were 'standard' 07 numbers belonging to normal UK mobile phones of his customers.

Therefore you dispute the bill until they explain why they were chargeable on that tarriff, as you believe they weren't chargeable.

Keep 2 copies of the letter, 1 for you, and 1 for the debt collectors, who should cease collection activity once they know it is in dispute. Do everything by letter, keeping copies of the letters, and an 'activity log' of letters you receive and send.

Good luck!

Write (by recorded delivery letter), to the customer service dept. listed on the bill.

List the prefixes charged for above, and their charge bands, and say that you believe those calls are to 07 numbers belonging to UK mobile networks that aren't 'special' 07 numbers, nor call through services, that they were 'standard' 07 numbers belonging to normal UK mobile phones of his customers.

Therefore you dispute the bill until they explain why they were chargeable on that tarriff, as you believe they weren't chargeable.

Keep 2 copies of the letter, 1 for you, and 1 for the debt collectors, who should cease collection activity once they know it is in dispute. Do everything by letter, keeping copies of the letters, and an 'activity log' of letters you receive and send.

Good luck!

thanks. I will do the letter for him today.

What about the rest of the number he was charged for calls to numbers with prefix: 07879, 07572, 07891, 07958, 07536, 07966 and many more as well.

thanks. I will do the letter for him today.

What about the rest of the number he was charged for calls to numbers with prefix: 07879, 07572, 07891, 07958, 07536, 07966 and many more as well.

I answered previously for 07958 and 07966 : 07966 : fm4 and 07958 : fm3

I suppose I could answer for 07879, 07572, 07891 and 07536 ... but if I did would you ask me to answer for the "many more" as well?

Considering I've given you the links to where you could look it up, and started you off with examples, and that you have "many more", perhaps you'd like to look them up now that I've given you the examples and the tools to do so?.

If you are struggling at any point, post back and I'll try to help you out, but I'm not likely to repeat effort for numbers I've already looked up, or do the lot for you!.

I answered previously for 07958 and 07966 : 07966 : fm4 and 07958 : fm3

I suppose I could answer for 07879, 07572, 07891 and 07536 ... but if I did would you ask me to answer for the "many more" as well?

Considering I've given you the links to where you could look it up, and started you off with examples, and that you have "many more", perhaps you'd like to look them up now that I've given you the examples and the tools to do so?.

If you are struggling at any point, post back and I'll try to help you out, but I'm not likely to repeat effort for numbers I've already looked up, or do the lot for you!.

thanks. of course I don`t wanna you doing this for me, I would do it myself. now I did this what I should have done in the first place and know how to do it. I was little ignorant in the first place, forgive me please :)

Now I`m just thinking what is the easiest way to do it as there is about 70 pages of itemised bills :) long way to go :)

cheers

Maybe scan the 70 pages of the bill in to a searchable document / spreadsheet software. Then you just need to type in the info into the search box. That would be the easiest way.

thanks. of course I don`t wanna you doing this for me, I would do it myself. now I did this what I should have done in the first place and know how to do it. I was little ignorant in the first place, forgive me please :)

Now I`m just thinking what is the easiest way to do it as there is about 70 pages of itemised bills :) long way to go :)

cheers

thanks for suggestion.

I did write the letter for him with examples of charges they done and they should`t do. now its up to him to print if and send it off.

thanks a lot for your help

• 2 months later...

hi. just an update, O2 arranged credit of 1643.05 to be added to my friend account to clear the outstanding amount. seems like all worked fine, I will just have to find out what will happen with the termination fee for his second number which was disconnected as well because of this.

anyway if anything only £200 will be left to pay.

they saying that they were giving him 1200 minutes instead of unlimited minutes. one more thing because of this him mobile was suspended several times which caused loss to his business, can they be held responsible for this?

thanks for help.