• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

19 year old loses her battle with cervical cancer, having been told she was too young to have a smear test !!

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was my understanding that once a female became sexually active, she entered the risk category !.

So why not remove the age barrier and confirm that all sexually active females be given the test, regardless of their age !

It seems so obvious, doesn't it. Screening in over 25's = good, and there is a screening test available, so it must be good to do so in under 25's.

Were there to be no downside to routine screening in the under 25's, it'd be so.

Were screening to actually prevent cervical cancer in under 25's, it'd be so.

But, there is a downside, and it doesn't prevent cervical cancer in under 25's, and it could cause more harm, not only by people (including doctor's) being falsely reassured by doing the wrong test, in the wrong timeframe.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to have slowed down a bit.. although 320,000 signatures so far :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Seems to have slowed down a bit.. although 320,000 signatures so far :)

What publicity is this getting elsewhere?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

What publicity is this getting elsewhere?

I think it took off on Social Media.. twitter and FB, plus the Nationals highlighted it. Other than that, Brig.. I dont know.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it took off on Social Media.. twitter and FB, plus the Nationals highlighted it. Other than that, Brig.. I dont know.

My niece has just been she is clear but further test will not be automatically arranged which after all the times she has been referred is worrying.

So I will send out a few "reminders" to contacts tomorrow to see if we can get a boost to this important petition.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

:thumb:

BCOBS

• 2 months later...
age discrimination needs to stop in the NHS, its clear it exists.

It is now only the young who suffer age discrimination fro the NHS.

age discrimination needs to stop in the NHS, its clear it exists.

It isn't age discrimination to say "we won't do routine cervical screening below x years old" if it is based on research that shows the benefit of ROUTINE screening is less than the HARM it causes......

every month I read stories about young people dieing because a doctor had the attitude their illness just wasn't likely or possible for their age. Doctors cannot work on assumptions, they need to explore all possibilities.

e.g. my niece had a blood test, then had to have another one a week later because on the first blood test they didn't test her for the other thing, why don't they routinely check for everything on blood tests?

so death is not bad enough to justify screening?

every month I read stories about young people dieing because a doctor had the attitude their illness just wasn't likely or possible for their age. Doctors cannot work on assumptions, they need to explore all possibilities.

e.g. my niece had a blood test, then had to have another one a week later because on the first blood test they didn't test her for the other thing, why don't they routinely check for everything on blood tests?

so death is not bad enough to justify screening?

No : "death isn't bad enough to justify screening" when

a) screening that age group won't prevent them from dying of cervical cancer, while

b) screening will cause (non-death) harm.

Routine screening saves lives in over 25's.

Routine screening doesn't in under 25's.

I've previously posted the NHS's links to this, where the EVIDENCE has been analysed.

As I understand it, her death and situation is rare. Hence why only over 25s are only routinely screened.

Not just that : but if she had symptoms what she needed was urgent colposcopy, NOT routine screening.

As I understand it, her death and situation is rare. Hence why only over 25s are only routinely screened.

rare isn't never tho, we cant provide care based on probabilities.

really all possibilities should always be explored.

rare isn't never tho, we cant provide care based on probabilities.

really all possibilities should always be explored.

We MUST provide care based on probabilities .... It is "health economics". (Unless you are willing to pay for a massive [potentially unlimited?] expansion in NHS funding).

Otherwise we'd have to have teams of cardiac surgeons standing by (idle) "just in case there is a sudden surge in need for cardiac surgeons to 10 times normal levels"

I return to the example of the young lady that died:

Do you think the problem was a lack of routine screening?

Or do you think the problem was the lack of an urgent colposcopy?

Be careful you aren't asking them to spend (finite resources) on fixing what you think was "the cause of the problem" - that wasn't the cause.

Do you think routine screening in under 25's will save a single life?.

How many extra women under 25 need to be screened to save one life (by comparison with the [more appropriate] urgent referral for symptoms) - n.b. I'm not asking "how many to detect one cancer", but "how many extra to save that one extra life" ; the answer is in the research I've cited, by the way.

If after considering the evidence you still want screening in under 25's : what cost do you think this will have (put aside financial cost for the moment) but consider ALSO the 'cost' in pre-term deliveries, the "worried well", and increased referral times for colposcopy for those who need it.

Everyone has a right to quality Health Care regardless of the cost, prevention is better then cure, there are so many initiatives that could vastly improve the NHS.

Cuba has one of the best Health Services in the world.

http://www.bihr.org.uk/projects/human-rights-in-healthcare

Everyone has the right to quality healthcare : agreed. Regardless of the cost? disagree : you can only disregard costs if willing to pay for it in increased taxation, or less spending elsewhere, otherwise where is the extra spending money coming from?

Prevention is better than cure. There are many initiatives that could improve the NHS : agreed.

Spending resources on ROUTINE cervical screening for the under 25's: not an initiative that would improve the NHS for the reasons I've cited previously.

Cuba?. OK, lets look in a bit more depth.

The WHO has indeed held Cuba's healthcare model up as an example of what is achievable : but academic reviews stress that the model is applicable for the developing world.

Cuban health authorities give large credit for the country’s impressive health indicators to the preventive, primary-care emphasis pursued for the last four decades. These indicators – which are close or equal to those in developed countries

So, with less resources they do close to or as well as developed countries. That doesn't mean that applying the techniques in developed countries will grant a linear equivalent improvement!.

What about the downsides?

But one should not romanticize Cuban health care. The system is not designed for consumer choice or individual initiatives. There is no alternative, private-payer health system. Physicians get government benefits such as housing and food subsidies, but they are paid only about $20 per month. Their education is free, and they are respected, but they are unlikely to attain personal wealth. Cuba is a country where 80% of the citizens work for the government, and the government manages the budgets.

Try that in the NHS, and salaries (the NHS's biggest expenditure!) would have the be reduced, or spending massively increased. Impose big salary cuts ("those doctors being paid so much for their easy lives"??) and those same doctors may well up and leave for Europe, Australia or New Zealand ......

Sure, many of those doctors are paid well, but what did they have to sacrifice to get to where they are?, and if a new deal is imposed upon them, would they stay or go? (Consider the exodus of junior doc's when "Modernising Medical Careers" came in and gave uncertainty as to training posts....)

I find much of your 'analysis' superficial: such as : It is easy to say 'Human rights, innit?', but when it comes to enforcing those rights, analysis in more depth is required.

What right is being infringed, in what way?. An Article right,? what section are you planning on relying on? or breach of which section(s) of the Human Rights Act 1998 do you intend to highlight?

Is it an absolute right, or a qualified right? (Articles 1-6 are absolute rights. If a qualified right, is there any other absolute or qualified right that needs to be balanced against it?).

yes in my mind health has no price, you cant have a country that moans about sick people not working etc. and then not provide reasonable health care because financial shortcuts are been made.

Taxes can be raised to pay for better quality NHS, and the NHS itself can have its fat trimmed. Notably stop all the outsourcing which only serves to make the private sector profits.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Several posts have been unapproved from this thread and the thread is now CLOSED.

If SHIRLI wishes to start their own thread then they can do so, but the posts made are irrelevant to this thread.

Sorry Brig, but your posts have also been unapproved - if another thread is started then I would be happy to relocate these posts to the new thread.

BCOBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks