Off topic posts from "Getting them to Reveal their Vitals"

volvodriver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello CB,

done

Consumer Credit Act Agreements

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello CB,

done

Consumer Credit Act Agreements

aa

Thanks aa, very useful information. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
X20...could I just ask your background as I am intreagued you seem very knowledgable ?

While I appreciate the intrigue that x20’s posts might cause due to the extremely knowledgeable information intimated, it is precisely the type of enquiring statements as to the background of a poster which caused me to leave CAG on 24/06/07.

I have recently returned to CAG and while I do not intend to provide any advice I would like to be free to comment from my personal experience and knowledge base as I feel appropriate which I hope will help all CAGers.

I would commend x20 for intimating the knowledge expounded in his/her posts in this thread. I have nothing of consequence to add, save to say that acting for Defendants against Creditor Claimants I have personal experience of cases in the County Courts when I have raised the matter of original and copies of Regulated Agreements (under the CCA 1974) failing to be produced, not legible, incomplete etc. and on every occasion I have been successful in the Claim being either withdrawn and discontinued, struck out or denied by a DJ.

Regards – RS.

SOOOO GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK RICHARD, MISSED YOU!

AS ANDREW 1 (SARAH) HAS SAID YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND EMPATHY MAKES CAG THE BEST PLACE TO BE :D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Fear not - X20 lives !! u can pick up an awesome trail of advice from surfaceagent20 on the following CAG link which refers back to the above postings !!!! :- :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/159341-court-papers-received-what-7.html?highlight=n244

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law and litigation privilege

Please see the following copyright statement

If I produce a copy of an agreement which is fuzzed up and unreadable because it is an umpteen times regenerated copy and claim it to be a copy of the original, the court is likely to construe my statement as 'true' on the basis that it is a copy of the original (assuming it is of course and not a photocopy of a, I dunno, a bus ticket). It is far better before chucking allegations around to require the producer of the document to clarify what was used to generate the copy document he produced to you.

I like your style but the above raises a question in my mind: does it help the creditor's case or the consumer's if the court accepts an unreadable document as a copy of the original agreement? Presumably this depends on the degree of unreadability?

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

While I appreciate the intrigue that x20’s posts might cause due to the extremely knowledgeable information intimated, it is precisely the type of enquiring statements as to the background of a poster which caused me to leave CAG on 24/06/07.

I have recently returned to CAG and while I do not intend to provide any advice I would like to be free to comment from my personal experience and knowledge base as I feel appropriate which I hope will help all CAGers.

I would commend x20 for intimating the knowledge expounded in his/her posts in this thread. I have nothing of consequence to add, save to say that acting for Defendants against Creditor Claimants I have personal experience of cases in the County Courts when I have raised the matter of original and copies of Regulated Agreements (under the CCA 1974) failing to be produced, not legible, incomplete etc. and on every occasion I have been successful in the Claim being either withdrawn and discontinued, struck out or denied by a DJ.

Regards – RS.

welcome back!!!:):)

PV,

A Defendant faced with a Claimant who declines to deal with his CPR 31.14 obligations promptly (ie within 7 days of the request) may file an application with the court in Form N244 for an appropriate order.

The following text is fom a post I made in wakeywakey's thread entitled: 'Marlins/Arrow Global have no CCA-Now what?' and deals with the completion of the N244 for an appropriate order folowing a Claimant's failure to comply with a CPR 31.14 request.

In box [3] of the N244 write:

'An order that unless within 14 days of the making of an order upon this application the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court with the costs of this case to be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to [here add any special feature or requirement of the case] and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.'

In Box 4 write: 'Yes'

In Box 5 write: 'Without a hearing'

Ignore Box 6

In Box 7 write: 'None'

In Box 8 write: 'District Judge'

In Box 9 write: 'Claimant'

In Box 10 tick the box marked 'the evidence set out in the box below' and beneath it write:

'On (date), following service of the Claim Form in this case, I wrote to the Claimant requesting inspection of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim pursuant to CPR 31.14. A copy of my letter of request is attached to this application notice marked 'A'.

The following is the text taken from my wakeywakey post but hopefully will assist with a gist of the sort of thing to say:

[The Claimant replied by letter dated (date) rejecting my request on the ground it had no obligation to comply. A copy of this reply is attached to this application notice marked 'B'.

The agreement relied upon by the Claimant is now very old. The documents sought by my request are essential for the proper preparation of my defence and the determination of the claim and CPR 31.14 afford me a right to inspect those documents.']

Sign the statement, attach the copies and complete the remainder of the N244 in the usual way applicable to your case.

On a separate piece of paper to be attached to your application notice, write this:

Claim No:

Draft Order

1 Unless by 4:00pm on (date) the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [here list the documents sought in the CPR 31.14 request for example, [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment,]

the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court, and

[ii] the Claimant shall pay the Defendant his/her costs of this case to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

2 In the event that the Claimant shall comply with this order,

the Defendant shall file and serve a Defence by 4:00pm on (date) and

[ii] the Claimant shall pay the Defendant his/her costs of this application [in any event] [assessed in the sum of £130.00]

The fee payable to the court on filing this application is presently £75.00.

Hope this helps.

x20

• Haha 2

Thing is a have sent Marty Clarke a CPR 18 request and he has ignored it.

I have submitted my defence anyway and awaiting them to acknoweledge defence.

Is it worth doing a CPR 31 request now.

HAK

Hi x20,

I've been following this excellent thread with great interest as I've just been served a court summons. I don't want to go into detail here as it is already laid out in a seperate thread entitled "Court summons received please help"

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/164872-court-summons-received-please.html

42man kindly posted your 31.14 letter for me to use with one minor difference he changed the paragraph

"You should ensure compliance with your CPR 31 duties"

to

"Your client should ensure compliance with its CPR 31 duties"

Is this important? and if so should I be changing the whole letter to refer to "Your Claimant"I just want to be sure I get it exactly right as I don't know much about this sort of thing and don't know if it matters? I'm hoping to post it this afternoon?

Thanks and once again - great thread

PS The Claimant is Northern Rock but Wallers are their Solicitors and the CPR 31.14 is going to Wallers

• 4 weeks later...

If I have a loan account still with the original creditor that is giving me endless sh*t, who have been CCA' d and supplied the front page of the agreement which has the prescribed terms on (although not sure the APR is right), but have also admitted in notes supplied by S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) that they don't have T&C's from when it was taken out (i.e. they must have this agreement digitally stored), how can 31.14 help when they default me and then the DCA pondlife take me to court??

Just trying to get my head round this for the future ;-)

(amazing work surfaceagent!)

Hi x20

I would be grateful for some guidance, with respect to this excellent thread, which I hope will be of help to others also.

I have used the CPR 31.14 request letter detailed in this thread in response to a N1 claim from Northampton CCBC, for a Credit Card debt assigned absolutely to a DCA. (The OC had previously responded to an s78 request, and also sent a non-compliant DN; however I do not believe the DCA had these documents when they commenced proceedings). Solicitors have replied saying that they are not obliged to provide the information requested, and that the POC is sufficiently detailed.

I now intend to file an application using N244 along the lines suggested in post 59 of this thread.

PV,

A Defendant faced with a Claimant who declines to deal with his CPR 31.14 obligations promptly (ie within 7 days of the request) may file an application with the court in Form N244 for an appropriate order.

The following text is fom a post I made in wakeywakey's thread entitled: 'Marlins/Arrow Global have no CCA-Now what?' and deals with the completion of the N244 for an appropriate order folowing a Claimant's failure to comply with a CPR 31.14 request.

In box [3] of the N244 write:

'An order that unless within 14 days of the making of an order upon this application the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court with the costs of this case to be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to [here add any special feature or requirement of the case] and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.'

Ignore Box 6

In Box 10 tick the box marked 'the evidence set out in the box below' and beneath it write:

'On (date), following service of the Claim Form in this case, I wrote to the Claimant requesting inspection of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim pursuant to CPR 31.14. A copy of my letter of request is attached to this application notice marked 'A'.

The following is the text taken from my wakeywakey post but hopefully will assist with a gist of the sort of thing to say:

[The Claimant replied by letter dated (date) rejecting my request on the ground it had no obligation to comply. A copy of this reply is attached to this application notice marked 'B'.

The agreement relied upon by the Claimant is now very old. The documents sought by my request are essential for the proper preparation of my defence and the determination of the claim and CPR 31.14 afford me a right to inspect those documents.']

Sign the statement, attach the copies and complete the remainder of the N244 in the usual way applicable to your case.

On a separate piece of paper to be attached to your application notice, write this:

Claim No:

Draft Order

1 Unless by 4:00pm on (date) the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [here list the documents sought in the CPR 31.14 request for example, [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment,]

the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court, and

[ii] the Claimant shall pay the Defendant his/her costs of this case to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

[ii] the Claimant shall pay the Defendant his/her costs of this application [in any event] [assessed in the sum of £130.00]

The fee payable to the court on filing this application is presently £75.00.

Hope this helps.

x20

After filing the N244 do I still have to complete a Defence?

Will Northampton deal with the application, or will it be transferred to my local court?

Does the £130 costs in s2 (ii) of the Draft Order include the £75 fee?

If the Claimant should not comply and the claim is struck out, would they be able to restore the claim at a latter date, or bring new proceedings?

Again, if struck out, could they sell the account to a new DCA, or return it to the OC, and would they then be able to start new proceedings?

Regards

sc

x20,

Just a quick question, if I may.

You state that this CPR 31.14 request is only applicable to the documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim. You also state that CPR 18 requests are often refused for not being reasonable and proportionate, and that when the claim is for less than £5,000, the Claimant refers to CPR 27.2(f), saying that Part 18 does not apply.

In your letter for the CPR 31.14 request, you include a paragraph saying -

[Although your claim is for a sum which is not more than £5,000.00 and will in all likelihood be allocated to the small claims track for determination upon my delivering a defence, at this moment in time I have not delivered my defence and the case has not been allocated to a track. In consequence the provisions of CPR 27(2) are of no effect and you should not seek to avoid compliance with your CPR 31 duties by claiming otherwise]

My question is this -

Assuming we were dealing with an overdraft where most or even all of the amount was made up of unlawful charges. In this case, the "agreement" is less relevant than statements which prove the level of unlawful charges. These statements are not mentioned in the Particulars of Claim.

Would it not be possible to include your above paragraph in a CPR Part 18 request, to prevent them using CPR 27(2) as an excuse not to comply? The case would be at the same early stage, not yet allocated to track.

Claims that the request is not reasonable and not proportionate would surely not be reasonable as the statements are the very evidence which the defendant needs to have in order to defend the claim. Or, at least PART of the evidence, depending on other factors.

This is not a situation that I have to face, but it may be facing someone else shortly, so any advice you could give would be appreciated.

SH

Bump (re post 101)

Hi x20

I would be grateful for some guidance, with respect to this excellent thread, which I hope will be of help to others also.

I have used the CPR 31.14 request letter detailed in this thread in response to a N1 claim from Northampton CCBC, for a Credit Card debt assigned absolutely to a DCA. (The OC had previously responded to an s78 request, and also sent a non-compliant DN; however I do not believe the DCA had these documents when they commenced proceedings). Solicitors have replied saying that they are not obliged to provide the information requested, and that the POC is sufficiently detailed.

I now intend to file an application using N244 along the lines suggested in post 59 of this thread.

In wakeywakey’s thread x20 stated:

You may either:

[1] put in the Defence along the lines I drafted and which appears at post no13, or

[2] put in an application notice in Form N244

If you opt for option [2],

in box [3] of the N24 write:

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to the age of the case and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.'

Ignore Box 6

The Claimant replied by letter dated (date) rejecting my request on the ground it had no obligation to comply. A copy of this reply is attached to this application notice marked 'B'.

The agreement relied upon by the Claimant is now very old. The documents sought by my request are essential for the proper preparation of my defence and the determination of the claim and CPR 31.14 afford me a right to inspect those documents.'

Claim No:

Draft Order

1 Unless by 4:00pm on (date) the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment,

x20

After filing the N244 do I still have to complete a Defence?

Will Northampton deal with the application, or will it be transferred to my local court?

Does the £130 costs in s2 (ii) of the Draft Order include the £75 fee?

If the Claimant should not comply and the claim is struck out, would they be able to restore the claim at a latter date, or bring new proceedings?

Again, if struck out, could they sell the account to a new DCA, or return it to the OC, and would they then be able to start new proceedings?

Regards

sc

My defence for this claim needs to be in by this Friday, and I intend to send the above application tomorrow.

Wakeywakey did not decide to use the application in the end, and I have been searching other threads for information, but I am not sure if anyone has used this yet.

From wakey’s thread it appears either put in an N244 or a Defence, but I do not want to miss filing a Defence if this is still required.

I was going to start my own thread for this claim soon anyway, but if you require more information now I will start a new thread this evening and post all details.

Many thanks for all help and advice.

Regards

sc

StayingCalm,

Q1

I have amended the text of box 3 of the N244 in order to make it clear that an extension of time for serivce of the Defnece is sought. The text in box 3 would read:

'An order extending time for service of the Defence and directing that unless within 14 days of the making of an order upon this application the Claimant complies with a request made by the Defendant on (date) pursuant to CPR 31.14 by the provision to the Defendant of documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim, namely [1] the agreement [2] the default notice and [3] the assignment, the claim shall stand struck out and the Defendant shall be at liberty to enter judgment against the Claimant without further order of the court with the costs of this case to be paid by the Claimant to the Defendant to be assessed on the standard basis and pursuant to the provisions of The Litigants in Person (Costs and Expenses) Act 1975.

The application is made because of the Claimant's refusal to comply with the Defendant's CPR 31.14 request and the documents are required owing to the age of the case and to enable the proper preparation of a Defence.'

Q2

I would expect it to be transfered to your local court.

Q3

I estimated costs at £130.00 to include the cour fee of £75.00. you are not obliged to stick with £130.00 and may suggest a differnet figure.

Q4

The Claimant whose claim is struck out for non-compliance may apply to the court for relief from the sanction. It will be a pre-requisite of any application that there is compliance with the order and the claimant will have to satsify the court that it should be allowed back into the case on a consideration of the principles set out under CPR 3.9.

Q5

Any baggage or black marks connected to the account, including such things linked to the collection of the account, pass with it and would be avialble for you to use in Defene. Thus if the claim was struck out and the Claimant passed the account on to another collector who brought proceedings, you could meet any claim brought by that collector by saying in your Defence that proceedings on the account had been brought and struck out by order of the court.

x20

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks