anpr.ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all

i got a warning notice to driver for stopping in an area that should be kept clear. i did not exit the car or even turn the engine off. i now there is a lot of these cowboy outfits going around and wanted some sound advice to whether to pay the reduced £50 or not as the notice mentions debt recovery and courts including costs. it was not on a car park it was on an alley way.

Edited by citizenB

got parking ticket today on the 23rd feb but i got 14 days before i got to pay full amount and if i got to wait for letters in the post and things that 14 days will soon be over

You need to change your mind set immediately and stop thinking about paying it. You wont be paying it. The 14 days is therefore irrelevant

hard to stop thinking about paying it as it could grow in amount fast

There is no 'debt' so it cannot 'grow'! It matters not whether the invoice you have received says that you 'owe' £1 or £100,000, it is purely a speculative invoice and has no legal basis. You agreed to no contract whereby you agreed to pay them an amount of money, nor did you trespass and cause damage. The landowner suffered no loss through your actions, and that 'loss' is all that they could claim if they tried to sue you for it.

Please be guided by the advice that you receive here and anywhere else that you may search for information on private parking tickets. If you choose to pay, then you are just legitimising their actions and throwing money away - come to think of it, if you choose to pay up, can I please have your address so that I can send you an invoice as well? Because that would have just as much legal standing!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

hard to stop thinking about paying it as it could grow in amount fast

####### @sky . com

Why the email address?

On what legal basis do you ' owe ' this money?

You wait for the Notice To Keeper to come in the post between 29-56 days from today.

This may not come.

If it does, update this thread.

OK, for starters it is not a parking ticket, it is a demand for money from a company that doesnt have any proprietorial rights over the land you were on. As you werent parked it makes me wonder what they were claiming on the piece of paper that was slapped on your car/given to you. You should also ask yourself what damage have you caused by waiting where you did, if there was no damage or loss to the landowner you cannot be forced to pay for it. What you have is a speculative invoice for a breach of contract, that contract being something that should have been available to you before you entered the land covered by it. If the pseudo-ticket claims you were incorrectly parked or parked in breach of the conditions then it doesnt stand a chance of being proved so in the long run you have nothing to worry about.

ANPR are obliged to write to the keeper of the vehicle if they wish to chase this up and they must do this between 28 and 56 days after today otherwise they cannot claim anything from the RK of the vehicle. You will get 2 chances to challenge the charge and this is quite easy so dont fret. Read the other topics on this forum and see what is the general outcome of these claims when challenged.