Appeal against county court decision after hearing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3750 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I went to the court with my landlord who served me a section 21 notice and my defence was that this last did not protected the my deposit nor returned it but surprisingly the judge has given the order for possession to my landlord.

As a result, I am making an appeal and for this purpose I am filing the form N161. However, I would like to know in my case, regarding the field "Nature of the decision you wish to appeal" which of the following I have to choose (the judge refused my first appeal at the hearing and gave me a copy of a document called "Reasons for allowing or refusing permission to appeal") :

- Case management decision

- Final decision

- Grant or refusal of interim relief

- A previous appeal decision

Thanks in advance for your help,

I suppose that it must ne the second - final decision

What's more important was that the judge awarded the PO because he didn't believe your defence - so either he decided, on the facts presented by you and the LL, that no deposit was taken, ergo it did not need protecting, or that the deposit was returned.

If there was a deposit, and the judge found that there was - i.e. the evidence was concrete, then the judge would have no discretion but to dismiss the possession claim. To do otherwise would have been an error in law, and it would be on that basis you would make your appeal.

I suspect the whole story hasn't been given.

What's more important was that the judge awarded the PO because he didn't believe your defence - so either he decided, on the facts presented by you and the LL, that no deposit was taken, ergo it did not need protecting, or that the deposit was returned.

If there was a deposit, and the judge found that there was - i.e. the evidence was concrete, then the judge would have no discretion but to dismiss the possession claim. To do otherwise would have been an error in law, and it would be on that basis you would make your appeal.

I suspect the whole story hasn't been given.

It is shown on my bank account and the tenancy agreement that the deposit was paid.

It is shown on my bank account and the tenancy agreement that the deposit was paid.

The point is that the judge obviously didn't believe that, or believed that it had been repaid.

Give the full story so you can get the help you're asking for.