Vodafone default, 2 months after settling bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have contacted Lee, the Vodafone Web Rep about a default of 68 GBP

registered against me in April 2013, 2 months after I paid my bills in full.

I called Vodafone in July 2012 to cancel my account while in Switzerland (after moving).

Months later Vodafone called my parents and I found out the account was not closed.

In the meanwhile, I have not used the phone.

After some confusion about why I owe money, I just gave Vodafone the money they wanted (68 GBP).

I did not want my credit score screwed up by this.

2 months after paying them what they wanted, Vodafone registered a default against me!

Thinking my credit rating was fine,

I made an offer on a house, which was accepted.

Because of the Vodafone default, I have trouble getting a mortgage.

If the offer falls through, I will have lost a great deal of money on legal fees and structural reports.

House prices are going up, so I shall lose money there too.

Lee has kindly contacted me and I now have high hopes the default issue will be resolved swiftly.

I have also contacted my MP and will ask her to write a letter to Vodafone's CEO. I shall also be writing a letter to him.

Dear Lee (Vodafone Web Rep)

Has there been any movement with this issue?

It's very urgent and not getting the default removed has severe financial repercussions for me, running into several thousands of pounds in the short term, and upwards of 100,000 if I buy a house in 6 months as opposed to now.

Given the small amount involved (68 GBP), I would rather resolve this with Vodafone directly. I have spoken with a lawyer and according to him the default can be removed relatively quickly.

You have my cell number and can reach me tomorrow (Tues) anytime before 9am and after 12 noon.

Best

Harjoat