help with claim against my wife by Sigma spv 1 ltd

axident13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3734 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi and a happy new year to everyone

i need help dealing with a ccbc claim against my wife

her Problem is with SIGMA SPV 1 LIMITED

she received a court claim form dated 31/12/13 from Northampton Court

from a company called SIGMA SPV1 LIMITED claiming that she owes them £8905.81

the debit is from a HSBC credit card she had. we where in a over our heads and could not to afford to pay it so dug are heads in the sand hoping it would go away they kept piling on the interest

I have read some of the forums and will be sending them a request for details letter via email and post

I have until the 14/14 I think to file a defense to the court but having received no documents I really don't know what to write

Can anybody help with my defense please ? and give me any advise on what I should do next?

i think we had something simlliar before but ignored it after i put the details in the court thing and there was no record of the claim. is there a way to tell if this is genuine claim this time

Thank you in advance

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I afraid we cant really advise on the reasons you are defending until you tell us why you are defending and what your dispute is axident.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

hi andy

are dispute is that there has been no payments on the account since 2007 would this make the account stature barred?. all so have never received a copy of the original credit agreement.

was going to send of a CPR 31.14 to them tomorrow.

are the above reason to defend this.

was going to reply to the defence thing through the online option just need to know what to put in the reasons for defending box on the online form.

thanks for any advice

If you are content that it is Statute Barred simply type the following into MCOL:-

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on ( insert date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of X yearslink3.gif have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

hi Andy cheers for the reply

we have not made a payment since i think before July 2007 time wise does this make it statue barred? we were hassled on the phone by Hl solicters who took over the debit from Hsbc and had to change our phone number to stop the hassle

"In principle, a debt cannot be enforced after 6 years from the date upon which it became due.

The 6 years runs from the last time that the debt was acknowledged in any way or from the last time that a payment was made towards the debt.

Once a debt has lapsed, it cannot be revived - even through a subsequent acknowledgement or payment.

The relevant law is contained within the Limitation Act 1980"

what does the part in this about "The 6 years runs from the last time that the debt was acknowledged in any way" mean? would that only apply if we had made any payments or does it mean if we had talked on the phone to them?

can you defend it on two points IE being enforceable due to no original CCA?

cheers Andy your help is greatly appreciated

Edited by axident13
spelling wrong

cheers Andy

do you mean written acknowledgment of the debt by us?

we have had letter from Hl soliciters and sigma SPV over the last 6years. would this change it? we have never acknowledge the debt by letter

does defending it on more than one basis help or hinder in your opinion?

Edited by axident13

I can only repeat my advice in my first post ...if you are content that the debt is SB ( no acknowledgment/payment for a period of 6 years) then it is SB...you only need to submit the defence I proposed.....

cheers for the reply andy

im still a bit confused on the no acknowledgment part of it ie we have had letters from Hl soliciters and sigma SPV over the last 6years. would this be classed as acknowledgement? or is it acknowledgement on our part?

sorry for being a bit dumb on this part its all confusing

On your part...they can write until the cows come home.

They will either accept and withdraw the claim or they may challenge you and wish to proceed...this can take up to 28 days so use the time to gather your info from your statements and paperwork to enforce your defence.

Any proof that no payment has been made by you within 6 years...bank statements...don't be surprised if they conjure up a payment and claim you have made one...that's were your preparation will come in.

update on this aaaaaaaaaagh

having gone back and checked when we changed banks it was in august 2008 not 2007 as i thought.:jaw:

there is no payments gone out to them after the new account was set up in aug 2008.having turned the house up side down looking for paper work before aug 2008 and cant find anything

only a old mint card statement we had paid in march 2008 which has nothing to do with this but shows me where were paying somethings in 2008 we where in a mess financially at that time

phone calls letters trying to keep afloat.

would there be a way to check with our old banks for statements about this as the accounts where shut down with us owing them money. too like i said we where in a mess at the time.

one of are banks was HSBC who the original card debit this is about was with. would contacting them be classed as acknowledgment on this debit?

any help or suggestions would help

There is no harm in telephoning HSBC and asking them, when payments were last made to the account.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wouldn't really concern myself to be honest I doubt they can go back 12 months let a lone 5 years

About the statements for 2007 you cant find.

ok Andy

if i went forward with stature barred as our defence and they found payments made between oct 2007 and aug 2008 what would happen then?

is the original default notice issued by HSBC part of this because they would surely have that at least or a copy of it? or is it just they have to find the last payment details